Jump to content

Photo

Show us your wedding dress!


  • Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#6111 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
  • Member
  • 955 posts

    Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

    Okay Ladies.. I'm beginning to have a slight case of dress regret.. :o( I found a dress I LOVED, Allure 8862, but the bridal store was rude so I went other places ISO this dress and to try on others.. then I found a dress that I thought was gorgeous but daring for me.   I wasn't sure about it at first but my FMIL told me it looked amazing on me and after trying it on a 2nd time I was sold. Bought the dress on the spot and took it home with me. I posted it several pages ago.. But over the weekend my FI's step-mom and dad wanted to see my dress, so I showed them a picture.. I think they said it was pretty, but I can't even remember, all I can remember is they asked why I didn't go with the Allure 8862 when I showed them the pictures of both.

     

    I have the dress at home so I'm wondering if trying it on for my mom and my bridesmaids will make me feel better.. but I'm so torn now and feel like I may have made the wrong decision. :o(

    Oh no... In all honesty, I don't think trying it one for your mom and friends will convince you that you made the right or wrong decision.  Opininions can be biased, or even altered to refelct what you want to hear.  I remember your excitement about 8862 and wonder what happend to it, but then saw your post in the mermiad dress and forgot all about it becasue you truely looked fantastic and your faced glowed. At this point I think it would be best to make the deciscion on your own terms without the direct opinion of others.  Schedule an appt to try the 8862 on again (alone), but before you go try on the dress you bought so the image of yourself in it is still fresh. Your heaert will guide you in the end.



    #6112 MissBubbles205

    MissBubbles205
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,350 posts

      Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:50 AM

      Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

      Quote:

      Oh no... In all honesty, I don't think trying it one for your mom and friends will convince you that you made the right or wrong decision.  Opininions can be biased, or even altered to refelct what you want to hear.  I remember your excitement about 8862 and wonder what happend to it, but then saw your post in the mermiad dress and forgot all about it becasue you truely looked fantastic and your faced glowed. At this point I think it would be best to make the deciscion on your own terms without the direct opinion of others.  Schedule an appt to try the 8862 on again (alone), but before you go try on the dress you bought so the image of yourself in it is still fresh. Your heaert will guide you in the end.

       Thanks Tova! I loved the Allure, I think because I felt as if it were my "safe" dress. With all the poof at the bottom starting above my waist line I didn't have to worry with my wider hips or getting into shape. (Well of course I need to get into shape because all of our family and friends will be seeing me in a bikini all week..) but I feel like the one I bought showed off my figure and had the poof at the bottom like the allure, it just started lowered at the bottom. In the Allure I felt very pretty and bridal.. but in the other I felt very sexy and bridal.. I'm wondering if the form fitting was just too much for A's stepmom?... :-/ I know it's my dress and it's all about how I feel, but I'm the type who always seems to want to please everyone else. I'll def see about trying on the Allure and mine just before going. I hope it makes me realize I made the right choice. Alex will kill me if I end up buying the Allure. He paid for half of my dress I chose without even seeing or hearing anything of it.. (He's a major sweetheart)



      #6113 trivera5521

      trivera5521
      • Jr. Member
      • 470 posts

        Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

        Can you repost a pic of both dresses? The Allure 8862 gave me alot of trouble myself it was def one of my tops!! Went back and forth a gazillion times. I dont recall what your mermaid dress looked like the one you ultmately purchased.



        #6114 MissBubbles205

        MissBubbles205
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,350 posts

          Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

          Originally Posted by trivera5521 

          Can you repost a pic of both dresses? The Allure 8862 gave me alot of trouble myself it was def one of my tops!! Went back and forth a gazillion times. I dont recall what your mermaid dress looked like the one you ultmately purchased.

           



          #6115 trivera5521

          trivera5521
          • Jr. Member
          • 470 posts

            Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

            So as you know I am a fan of the Allure but this mermaid I must say has a bit more sex appeal to it and you are rocking it! I think both are gorgeous dresses but my choice is the mermaid. I think MIL's tend to be a bit more conservative and so naturally they veer towards safe princess type dresses. Just my 2 sense :)

            #6116 lianne

            lianne
            • Newbie
            • 134 posts

              Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

              Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

              Okay Ladies.. I'm beginning to have a slight case of dress regret.. :o( I found a dress I LOVED, Allure 8862, but the bridal store was rude so I went other places ISO this dress and to try on others.. then I found a dress that I thought was gorgeous but daring for me.   I wasn't sure about it at first but my FMIL told me it looked amazing on me and after trying it on a 2nd time I was sold. Bought the dress on the spot and took it home with me. I posted it several pages ago.. But over the weekend my FI's step-mom and dad wanted to see my dress, so I showed them a picture.. I think they said it was pretty, but I can't even remember, all I can remember is they asked why I didn't go with the Allure 8862 when I showed them the pictures of both.

               

              I have the dress at home so I'm wondering if trying it on for my mom and my bridesmaids will make me feel better.. but I'm so torn now and feel like I may have made the wrong decision. :o(

              I'm also having dress regret but I think its pretty common and there's no way I'm spending any more money on a dress lol so I'm just gonna have to suck it up.  But I do think that once I have it altered and i'm all dolled up it'll be great.  I think you look gorgeous in the dress you got.  Especially if it makes you feel sexy and bridal then that's prefect!   



              #6117 MissBubbles205

              MissBubbles205
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,350 posts

                Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

                Originally Posted by trivera5521 

                So as you know I am a fan of the Allure but this mermaid I must say has a bit more sex appeal to it and you are rocking it! I think both are gorgeous dresses but my choice is the mermaid. I think MIL's tend to be a bit more conservative and so naturally they veer towards safe princess type dresses. Just my 2 sense :)

                 Thank You! :o))

                My FI's mom was with me when I purchased the dress to the left.. So I know if she thought it was too much she would have said so.. And the stepmom is a teacher.. So maybe she is more on the conservative side.. Or maybe I am just reading to much into small comments. :-/ I just felt amazing in the mermaid.. I was strutten my stuff down the runway.. bahahahaha.. but my mom and bridesmaid told me I was glowing in the Allure.. I do feel the Allure is the same dress though, and the one I actually purchased, I can bling it up with a cute bracelet and necklace.

                Originally Posted by lianne 

                I'm also having dress regret but I think its pretty common and there's no way I'm spending any more money on a dress lol so I'm just gonna have to suck it up.  But I do think that once I have it altered and i'm all dolled up it'll be great.  I think you look gorgeous in the dress you got.  Especially if it makes you feel sexy and bridal then that's prefect!   

                 I know what you mean.. I too am worried about buying a second dress and worrying about selling the other.. Seems like a very stressfull change.. Hmm.. decisions... decisions.. But I do agree that once we get our dresses altered and the right shoes and jewelry, we will feel amazing and confident in our decisions.. I think I am also just super sad about the dress adventure being over. :o( I have resorted to buying a ton of bridesmaid dresses off ebay. I'm hoping to wear just dresses during our destination.



                #6118 JennyAdele

                JennyAdele
                • Jr. Member
                • 150 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 2, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Paradisus Punta Cana
                • LocationDominican

                Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

                I am a wedding dress newbie! I'm going dress shopping for the first time on Wednesday! I wondered if anyone can suggest designers which are particularly good at fitting petite body types? I'm average height, but have a small bust, small waist, small hips, small shoulders... I've heard some designers are "known" for certain body types, so I was just wondering what designer I should ask to try on and find styles for for this Wednesday.

                 

                Thanks ladies!! Your advice would greatly help!!



                #6119 TheWolferts

                TheWolferts
                • Jr. Member
                • 458 posts

                  Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

                  I'm fairly petite (5'3" size 2) and I found that Maggie Sottero or her "couture line" Sottero Midgley fit me really well and didnt swallow me up! Her price points are really great too!

                  Originally Posted by JennyAdele 

                  I am a wedding dress newbie! I'm going dress shopping for the first time on Wednesday! I wondered if anyone can suggest designers which are particularly good at fitting petite body types? I'm average height, but have a small bust, small waist, small hips, small shoulders... I've heard some designers are "known" for certain body types, so I was just wondering what designer I should ask to try on and find styles for for this Wednesday.

                   

                  Thanks ladies!! Your advice would greatly help!!



                  #6120 Peach

                  Peach
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,293 posts

                    Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

                    Originally Posted by JennyAdele 

                    I am a wedding dress newbie! I'm going dress shopping for the first time on Wednesday! I wondered if anyone can suggest designers which are particularly good at fitting petite body types? I'm average height, but have a small bust, small waist, small hips, small shoulders... I've heard some designers are "known" for certain body types, so I was just wondering what designer I should ask to try on and find styles for for this Wednesday.

                     

                    Thanks ladies!! Your advice would greatly help!!


                    I think shape matters a lot, moreso than designer.

                    I am short, but certainly not petite width-wise (haha). I found that the puffier ones swallowed me up. I was drowning in them (shame, cuz I am a princess). Fitted - at least through part - may work better.






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users