8281 replies to this topic

#5831 elissae

elissae
  • 631 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
  • LocationClifton Park, NY

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

You are a gorgeous bride!  Congratulations.  

Originally Posted by LPerry 

Well, here is the final product! I wish I had a more full length photo...but the photog images aren't in yet.

A few words of advice:

If you can get away with it...DON'T wear crinoline. I'm telling you, I had sweat running down my legs, and I smelled like a field worker b/c that sucker doesn't breathe at all! I peeled out of it as soon as my beach wedding was over, and just wore the dress w/out the petticoat for the rest of the night. I wish I had saved the $70 and not bought it.

I did not transport my dress in the hanging bag. I knew we'd have to carry it all over the airport, and put it on a shuttle...and it was heavy and cumbersome and I had to contend w/that crinoline monster. I also heard from some people that the flight attendants aren't always so accommodating when handling wedding dresses. At the suggestion of my aunt (who is very smart) I rolled up the dress, in the Davids Bridal bag, and packed it in a suitcase by itself with the petticoat and my shoes. As soon as I got to the hotel, I unpacked it, and hung it up in the closet. It looked perfect, and we ironed the sash with the curling iron..lol. So on the way home, I did the same thing...and was able to pack some of the souvenirs we brought back with us. Totally worked out perfectly and in the end only cost me $25 for the extra bag. Totally worth it to not have to worry about it, if you ask me.

I'm thinking I'm going to sell it. I loved it, and it was perfect...but really, what am I going to do with it now? I felt so beautiful in it...and never dreamed I'd be able to pull off a strapless gown. I'd kind of like to pass that feeling on to someone else.

It's a bridal 20W, but taken in about an inch on either side and in the back. I wear a 14-16 in street clothes. It could easily be taken in more if needed to fit someone w/less of a chest or smaller waist. It's a gorgeous, light organza, and almost looks like linen. Perfect for a beach wedding.

If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to make a deal!

Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.

#5832 chantal09

chantal09
  • 192 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

my dress! Have my fitting coming up on August 20th! Couldn't be more excited!

#5833 jamieirene

jamieirene
    • 650 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

Well my big day has come and gone!  It came so quickly!  Here is a recap of my dress!

Dress when I first saw it online:

Me in the store trying it on for the first time...and then buying it right after:

Me in the dress on my wedding day!

#5834 Katryne

Katryne
      • 260 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

Awww JamieIrene! What a great dress story! :) Congrats, you looked gorgeous and so very happy!!

#5835 jamieirene

jamieirene
        • 650 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Katryne 

Awww JamieIrene! What a great dress story! :) Congrats, you looked gorgeous and so very happy!!

Thanks!!!

#5836 elissae

elissae
          • 631 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
          • LocationClifton Park, NY

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

CONGRATS - you look spectacular!!!!!  I cannot believe your day has come & gone already!

Originally Posted by jamieirene 

Well my big day has come and gone!  It came so quickly!  Here is a recap of my dress!

Dress when I first saw it online:

Me in the store trying it on for the first time...and then buying it right after:

Me in the dress on my wedding day!

Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.

#5837 MsBlissMpls

MsBlissMpls
          • 253 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jamaicanmecrazy 

I bought this dress!! I want to do trash the dress as well, was your dress ruined though?

Not ruined at all! I was SO happy to get it back from the cleaners. I got a discount for cleaning because it was in such good shape compared to the other dresses that she normally cleans (which did not experience a TTD). The sad thing now is that I want to wear it again, but was told to only touch it with the white cotton gloves they gave me to shake the dress out twice a year. So sad. Definately have as much fun as you can in your dress before it goes in the box! :)  

#5838 newfiegal75

newfiegal75
            • 95 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:28 AM

Thank you :) 

#5839 McLecker

McLecker
              • 194 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

wow beautiful. love how you captured the stages!

#5840 cherany

cherany
                • 234 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by chantal09 

my dress! Have my fitting coming up on August 20th! Couldn't be more excited!

Gorgeous!  Your fitting is so soon, too! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users