Jump to content

Photo

Show us your wedding dress!


  • Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#5611 chippymunk

chippymunk
  • Newbie
  • 5 posts

    Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:36 PM

    Originally Posted by SandRWedding 

    Stephanie&Ryan-Barcelo Maya palace - LuckiePhotography-62.jpg

     

    Here is my dress; Pronovias by Manuel Mota. Loved seeing all the beautiful dresses on here :)

    Your dress is stunning!!! I too am a Pronovias bride. I adore their gowns!!



    #5612 elissae

    elissae
    • Member
    • 631 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
    • LocationClifton Park, NY

    Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:03 AM

    LOVE IT CINNAGIRL!  You look gorgeous!!  It looks like it was made for you!! 

     

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by cinnagirl 

    My dress finally came in!! I picked it up on Sunday. It's a Vera Wang White from David's Bridal in Scarborough. 

     

    IMG_4833.JPG

     

    IMG_4835.JPG

    I love love love the dress. I'm so glad I went the distance to try it on in the first place. My experience at David's Bridal was crappy though so I won't be going there for anything else. 


    Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.


    #5613 SandRWedding

    SandRWedding
    • Newbie
    • 16 posts

      Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:51 AM

      Originally Posted by chippymunk 

      Your dress is stunning!!! I too am a Pronovias bride. I adore their gowns!!

       

       

      Originally Posted by murmel 

      LOVE the train on this dress! Beautiful! I had a Pronovias as well, and they truly are wonderful gowns. Congrats on your wedding!

       

      Thank you!! They make AMAZING gowns. I love that I have never seen another bride with my exact same dress either :) Are your gowns posted on here??



      #5614 principessa

      principessa
      • Jr. Member
      • 219 posts

        Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:02 AM

        You look fabulous in that dress!!

         

        Originally Posted by cinnagirl 

        My dress finally came in!! I picked it up on Sunday. It's a Vera Wang White from David's Bridal in Scarborough. 

         

        IMG_4833.JPG

         

        IMG_4835.JPG

        I love love love the dress. I'm so glad I went the distance to try it on in the first place. My experience at David's Bridal was crappy though so I won't be going there for anything else. 



        #5615 shaeshae18

        shaeshae18
        • Banned
        • 153 posts

          Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:42 AM

          What was wrong with David's Bridal?


          -S

          #5616 shaeshae18

          shaeshae18
          • Banned
          • 153 posts

            Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:43 AM

            BTW, your dress is beautiful and it really shows off a nice figure and small waist!


            -S

            #5617 LTLFAITHY

            LTLFAITHY
            • Jr. Member
            • 180 posts

              Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

              Originally Posted by shaeshae18 

              What was wrong with David's Bridal?

               

              I don't think that there is anything wrong with David's Bridal, I just think that they are such a huge corporation that customer service can kind of be kind of lacking. They don't need the positive word of mouth and recommendations that smaller bridal boutiques need, and I think that comes across with their less than positive attitudes. The other problem that I have seen is that because there are SO many stores (and I'm not sure how their franchises work) I think one store might tell you one thing that may apply to their store, but doesn't necessarily mean that it applies to all stores. My SIL got her wedding dress and we got our bridesmaid dresses from a David's Bridal, we are in AZ but the wedding was in MI. The store in AZ told us that it would not be a problem that we could bring her dress to any David's Bridal a day or two before the wedding (no appointment needed) and have it steamed. Turns out that is not the policy in all stores, and she needed an appointment, blah, blah, blah - anyway, it turned into a huge ordeal. Should she have called the store in MI to confirm this was their policy, maybe, but at the end of the day she was assured something that just wasn't true. 


              ~Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun~

              4.27.13

              54 Booked + The Bride & Groom!


              #5618 shaeshae18

              shaeshae18
              • Banned
              • 153 posts

                Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

                Originally Posted by LTLFAITHY 

                 

                I don't think that there is anything wrong with David's Bridal, I just think that they are such a huge corporation that customer service can kind of be kind of lacking. They don't need the positive word of mouth and recommendations that smaller bridal boutiques need, and I think that comes across with their less than positive attitudes. The other problem that I have seen is that because there are SO many stores (and I'm not sure how their franchises work) I think one store might tell you one thing that may apply to their store, but doesn't necessarily mean that it applies to all stores. My SIL got her wedding dress and we got our bridesmaid dresses from a David's Bridal, we are in AZ but the wedding was in MI. The store in AZ told us that it would not be a problem that we could bring her dress to any David's Bridal a day or two before the wedding (no appointment needed) and have it steamed. Turns out that is not the policy in all stores, and she needed an appointment, blah, blah, blah - anyway, it turned into a huge ordeal. Should she have called the store in MI to confirm this was their policy, maybe, but at the end of the day she was assured something that just wasn't true. 

                Oh ok, I totally understand what you mean by that.  It's good to know though that since they are a big franchise, you might not be getting the same service as you would elsewhere.  I didn't really even think about that.  That's a shame.


                -S

                #5619 cinnagirl

                cinnagirl
                • Jr. Member
                • 261 posts

                  Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

                  Originally Posted by shaeshae18 

                  Oh ok, I totally understand what you mean by that.  It's good to know though that since they are a big franchise, you might not be getting the same service as you would elsewhere.  I didn't really even think about that.  That's a shame.

                  That's pretty much it. It felt like a retail store where no one really cares if you're there or not. I went to pick up my dress and the girl at the cash desk was rude and pretty much just handed my dress to me. I had to ask to try it on. And then while I was trying it on, three different people asked if I needed alterations. It felt like because I had already bought my dress, no one cared to be pleasant to me, and then the only time the staff talked to me was to try and get more money from me. This is just my experience of course. 



                  #5620 CandyApple13

                  CandyApple13
                  • Newbie
                  • 27 posts

                    Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:42 PM

                    this is my dress... I cannot wait for it to come in and try it on again (just a few weeks!)

                     

                     3558_22e5_1.jpg






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users