Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#5561 LTLFAITHY

LTLFAITHY
  • 180 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by kkeeve01 

i also am a 2 and i agree the dresses become so distorted when I try them on thats its very hard to tell how it will lay/fit when properly sized. I know I shouldn't be complaining about being a size 2 but in this situation it kind of sucks and is not helping me make a decision. Good news is... it has been 24 hours since i tried on the dresses and I still like them and am going to retry them on with only my mother this time. To many people = to many opinions!

I was talking about this same thing on another thread the other day. I think it SUCKS that they don't have two sample sizes ~ I totally understand having the 10, 12, etc. so that a lot of girls can fit into the dress, but you just can't tell how a dress is really going to look (even though they can do amazing things with those clamps) when it is 10 sizes too big. Everything is just so out of proportion!! I don't understand why they don't have a 6 and a 12?? 

~Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun~

54 Booked + The Bride & Groom!

#5562 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
    • 955 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

I think all brides need to define ‘the moment’ for themselves.  Mine wasn't clich© by any means but it was definitely a moment of pure elation. It was me, and everything that I wanted and I didn’t want to take it off. I expected to have this tears of joy emotional reaction, because I thought that’s what it meant to find the one, but as the search for the perfect dress started I realized that the reaction I was seeking didn’t align with the person that I am. 

#5563 allieplask

allieplask
      • 177 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

agree with you and kkeeve01 ... it's nice to know others are having similar problems even though we shouldn't be complaining about being a size 2 but it's such a gamble to buy a dress, wait 6-9 months to get it and not  even truly know what it's going to look like!  i did go to david's bridal just to look around and they had dresses in my size - even though i didn't love anything there it was nice to see exactly how something would fit without having it all pinned up in the back... clamps can only do so much - not to mention i always seem to pop them off when i move around.

Originally Posted by LTLFAITHY 

I was talking about this same thing on another thread the other day. I think it SUCKS that they don't have two sample sizes ~ I totally understand having the 10, 12, etc. so that a lot of girls can fit into the dress, but you just can't tell how a dress is really going to look (even though they can do amazing things with those clamps) when it is 10 sizes too big. Everything is just so out of proportion!! I don't understand why they don't have a 6 and a 12?? 

wedding website: www.allienick.com

#5564 lianne

lianne
        • 134 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by cdc150 

I never had "the moment" with my dress.  Looking at pictures I know that was the perfect dress!  When I tried it one, I just really liked something about it.  My 2nd fitting was when I knew I made the ri'ght decision. 

I also never had "the moment" so It's good to hear I'm not the only one lol. I'm sure I will think its "the dress" the day of when I'm all glammed up. Still have just under a year to go, ugh! lol.

#5565 SandRWedding

SandRWedding
          • 16 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

Stephanie&Ryan-Barcelo Maya palace - LuckiePhotography-35.jpgStephanie&Ryan-Barcelo Maya palace - LuckiePhotography-62.jpgStephanie&Ryan-Barcelo Maya palace - LuckiePhotography-13.jpg

Here is my dress; Pronovias by Manuel Mota. Loved seeing all the beautiful dresses on here :)

#5566 k032379

k032379
            • 161 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

This is gorgeous on you. K

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Here is my dress; Pronovias by Manuel Mota. Loved seeing all the beautiful dresses on here :)

#5567 Brenners

Brenners
              • 807 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

I am a firm believer to try on any and all styles.  I had no idea that my dress that would be "the one" was going to be lace.  I tried on many styles, fabrics, and every shade of white and ivory until I found MY dress.  And I knew that it was my dress as did my girlfriends who saw my face when I turned to look in the mirror.  And when they put the veil on me (I was dead set against one), I was a goner.  So don't just try one style, one designer, one anything.  Try them all and remember that it is supposed to be fun!  Even try on the ugly ones to throw in a good laugh!  And do not worry as you will find the perfect dress that is meant for you!

#5568 elissae

elissae
                • 631 posts
                • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
                • LocationClifton Park, NY

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

I think all brides need to define ‘the moment’ for themselves.  Mine wasn't clich© by any means but it was definitely a moment of pure elation. It was me, and everything that I wanted and I didn’t want to take it off. I expected to have this tears of joy emotional reaction, because I thought that’s what it meant to find the one, but as the search for the perfect dress started I realized that the reaction I was seeking didn’t align with the person that I am. 

I agree with ChocoTaco7568.  One bride's moment is different from another,  I did not pick out my dress to try on.  My mother did.  I even mouthed to my BF, I do not want mermaid!!!  She mouthed back just try it on with all these others!

Well, I did not have that O-M-G, O-M-G, O-M-G jumping up & down experience when I realized THE ONE.  Although I became very emotional in the dress that my mom picked, perhaps it was the first one that made me FEEL like a bride.  It was like it hit me and I was like, "I am getting married."  That is when my eyes began to water because as I looked in the mirror, I could see myself in the moment in this dress...it was so beautiful....and I did not want to take it off right away!  Ironically, it was nothing I originally had in mind,  

So ladies - BE OPEN, TRY EVERYTHING ON - because YOU NEVER KNOW!!!!

I love my dress - I am bad, but will share it again,  I always do when I get the chance.

Dress 2.JPG Dress 4.JPG Dress Belt.JPG Dress & Veil.JPG

Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.

#5569 kkeeve01

kkeeve01
                • 43 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:38 AM

love love love it, you looked amazing!!!

Originally Posted by SandRWedding 

Stephanie&Ryan-Barcelo Maya palace - LuckiePhotography-35.jpgStephanie&Ryan-Barcelo Maya palace - LuckiePhotography-62.jpgStephanie&Ryan-Barcelo Maya palace - LuckiePhotography-13.jpg

Here is my dress; Pronovias by Manuel Mota. Loved seeing all the beautiful dresses on here :)

#5570 elissae

elissae
                  • 631 posts
                  • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
                  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
                  • LocationClifton Park, NY

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:39 AM

Absolutely breathtaking dress!  You two make a beautiful couple!

Originally Posted by SandRWedding 

Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users