Jump to content

Photo

Show us your wedding dress!


  • Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#5221 k032379

k032379
  • Jr. Member
  • 161 posts

    Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

    This is sooooo cute. 

     

    Originally Posted by finleya 

    I completely understand the sadness with the experience being over! I have the same thing. Since I was so early I am waiting another 6 months before I get it altered just to see how much weight I lose between now and then. 

     

    That being said I guess I should put my dress up here too! Sorry it is the stock photo, the picture of me in my actual dress got deleted from my sister's phone, so I will just have to wait until alteration time to get another. :(

     

    I got it in diamond white so that I don't match the sand lol, and I am getting rid of the bow. I am also thinking about changing the neckline to make it more of a sweetheart, but still undecided about that part. 

     

    JSM1103.jpg

     


     



     



     



    #5222 ashk

    ashk
    • Newbie
    • 100 posts

      Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

      Finleya, what a gorgeous dress! I also have somewhat of a straight-across bodice, and am going to make it a slight sweetheart - I was amazed at what a difference such a slight alteration can make!


      23 days and counting until "We Do" in the beautiful Riviera Maya!

      Grand Sirenis January 20, 2013

      Yay! the world still exists - it would've really sucked to have done all this planning for nothing! :D


      #5223 TauruSmith

      TauruSmith
      • Jr. Member
      • 198 posts
      • Wedding Date:May 18, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

      Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:09 AM

      frontdress.jpgbackdress.jpg

      I found my dress at the Bridal Garden in NYC. It is a non-profit who donates all of their proceeds to educational programs for children. It was a very laid back experience and it was nice to not buy into the "wedding machine". I was able to take the dress home with me that very day! I am altering the neckline to sweetheart, the back to come down in a v, instead of straight across, adding buttons all the way down the back, and removing the underlayer, where it hits the floors, so it will only be lace gliding over the sand!! I'm  going to wait about 6 months to start the alterations though.



      #5224 Meagan816

      Meagan816
      • Jr. Member
      • 165 posts

        Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:33 AM

        I love the lace dresses girls!  I haven't even started looking yet, but I think I want something with lace...yours are all SO pretty!



        #5225 TauruSmith

        TauruSmith
        • Jr. Member
        • 198 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 18, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

        Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:22 AM

        oh and I'm also removing the fabric band that goes under the bust.



        #5226 kristinalilly

        kristinalilly
        • Jr. Member
        • 182 posts

          Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:25 AM

          Really lovely!
           

          Originally Posted by TauruSmith 

          frontdress.jpgbackdress.jpg

          I found my dress at the Bridal Garden in NYC. It is a non-profit who donates all of their proceeds to educational programs for children. It was a very laid back experience and it was nice to not buy into the "wedding machine". I was able to take the dress home with me that very day! I am altering the neckline to sweetheart, the back to come down in a v, instead of straight across, adding buttons all the way down the back, and removing the underlayer, where it hits the floors, so it will only be lace gliding over the sand!! I'm  going to wait about 6 months to start the alterations though.



           



          #5227 sun surf sand

          sun surf sand
          • Newbie
          • 75 posts

            Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:29 AM


            Your dress is absolutely beautiful, the detailing is so, so pretty, I haven't see anything like it before. 

            Originally Posted by finleya 

            I completely understand the sadness with the experience being over! I have the same thing. Since I was so early I am waiting another 6 months before I get it altered just to see how much weight I lose between now and then. 

             

            That being said I guess I should put my dress up here too! Sorry it is the stock photo, the picture of me in my actual dress got deleted from my sister's phone, so I will just have to wait until alteration time to get another. :(

             

            I got it in diamond white so that I don't match the sand lol, and I am getting rid of the bow. I am also thinking about changing the neckline to make it more of a sweetheart, but still undecided about that part. 

             

            JSM1103.jpg

             


             



             



             



            #5228 finleya

            finleya
            • Jr. Member
            • 189 posts

              Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

              I totally agree! It becomes a whole new dress!!!
               

              Originally Posted by ashk 

              Finleya, what a gorgeous dress! I also have somewhat of a straight-across bodice, and am going to make it a slight sweetheart - I was amazed at what a difference such a slight alteration can make!



              And thank you all so much! I actually found it on the second day I went looking and just couldn't take my eyes off of it!!!



              #5229 mimiq

              mimiq
              • Jr. Member
              • 184 posts

                Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

                i always think at least a little sweetheart is super flattering!
                 

                Originally Posted by ashk 

                Finleya, what a gorgeous dress! I also have somewhat of a straight-across bodice, and am going to make it a slight sweetheart - I was amazed at what a difference such a slight alteration can make!



                 



                #5230 mimiq

                mimiq
                • Jr. Member
                • 184 posts

                  Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:58 AM


                  That sounds like an awesome experience!  Gorgeous dress too by the way!  Might have to see if they have any stores like that here in vancouver!

                  Originally Posted by TauruSmith 

                  frontdress.jpgbackdress.jpg

                  I found my dress at the Bridal Garden in NYC. It is a non-profit who donates all of their proceeds to educational programs for children. It was a very laid back experience and it was nice to not buy into the "wedding machine". I was able to take the dress home with me that very day! I am altering the neckline to sweetheart, the back to come down in a v, instead of straight across, adding buttons all the way down the back, and removing the underlayer, where it hits the floors, so it will only be lace gliding over the sand!! I'm  going to wait about 6 months to start the alterations though.



                   






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users