Photo

Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#4961 mimiq

mimiq
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:37 AM

i kinda want to get some input from my FI, but he doesn't want to see it!

Originally Posted by LPerry 

Am I the only crazy person here whose FI has already seen the dress?

#4962 mimiq

mimiq
    • 184 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

It looks lovely on you!  I am hoping to have some of your luck when I next go looking.  I have seen lots of great dresses, but not sure if i've found the one.  have started to think that maybe i'm just not that kind of girl too!  I am taking a break for a while and then will start looking again with a fresh outlook!

Originally Posted by sgreen99 

Yay I finally get to post something!  I found my dress last week, I had an awesome shopping trip with my mama and three girlfriends.  I was getting nervous because none of the dresses gave me "the feelings", so I figured maybe I'm just not that kind of girl to get all emotional about the dress. But, then my sales lady pulled this one out, as soon as she started doing me up I knew it, I completely pictured myself walking towards my man wearing this dress! ...and then I ugly cried and so did all of my girls.  I COMPLETELY lucked out with this dress, I can buy if straight off the rack, the only modifications I need are a sweetheart neckline, cups and a bustle.  Finally a time when being 5' 11" will be a positive when it comes to the length of an article of clothing

I'm super pumped!!

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

#4963 mimiq

mimiq
      • 184 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:44 AM

It looks lovely on you!  I am hoping to have some of your luck when I next go looking.  I have seen lots of great dresses, but not sure if i've found the one.  have started to think that maybe i'm just not that kind of girl too!  I am taking a break for a while and then will start looking again with a fresh outlook!

Yay I finally get to post something!  I found my dress last week, I had an awesome shopping trip with my mama and three girlfriends.  I was getting nervous because none of the dresses gave me "the feelings", so I figured maybe I'm just not that kind of girl to get all emotional about the dress. But, then my sales lady pulled this one out, as soon as she started doing me up I knew it, I completely pictured myself walking towards my man wearing this dress! ...and then I ugly cried and so did all of my girls.  I COMPLETELY lucked out with this dress, I can buy if straight off the rack, the only modifications I need are a sweetheart neckline, cups and a bustle.  Finally a time when being 5' 11" will be a positive when it comes to the length of an article of clothing

I'm super pumped!!

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

#4964 erinmc

erinmc
        • 284 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

very beautiful!!

Originally Posted by AllieH 

it's mine, all mine!!! picked it up on Friday. will need alterations to fix the bodice (too big, and want a soft sweetheart), and hem (only about 6" too long...mercy!). hoping to take some of the lace that comes off the bottom after the hem for some other accents. not my veil, but I loved this one - very lightweight netting that would blow so beautifully in the breeze. 

please excuse the post-work tired/shiny face. 

IMG_4586.jpg

IMG_4589.jpg

Attached Files

#4965 Katie McLean

Katie McLean
          • 41 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

Here is a picture of my wedding dress for our Jamaica wedding!  I had originally wanted a train but have decided to do a long veil instead....I wanted something dragging in the sand! This dress fits me perfectly, doesn't need to be hemmed or anything, so i'm buying it right off the rack and just going to get cups sewn in and call it good! I didn't get a good picture of the detailing on the bodice part, but it's a very pretty flower detail...I  love it!

Dress 4.JPG

photo 2.JPG

#4966 erinmc

erinmc
            • 284 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

I have been to 6 different bridal shops and tried on alot of dress's. I can't find this on anywhere!! I called all over the state I live in!! Every dress I try on I keep on comparing to this dress even though I didn't even it on. One shop said they can order it in for $200. UGH!!! I don't know what to do!!

I have been to 6 different bridal salons and tried on tons of dress's but I can't find this one anywhere. I called all over the state I live in. One shop (that's over 3 hours away) said they can order it in for $200. UGH!!!! I don't know what to do!!!! 

#4967 Bride2012

Bride2012
              • Banned
              • 442 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

Thanks sgreen99! That is so sweet of you!

You are stunning, my gosh!!

#4968 Branya2012

Branya2012
                • 200 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:52 PM

Soooooooooo beautiful!!!!! I love it! It fits you so well! Love the flower details on the side. :)

Originally Posted by Katie McLean 

Here is a picture of my wedding dress for our Jamaica wedding!  I had originally wanted a train but have decided to do a long veil instead....I wanted something dragging in the sand! This dress fits me perfectly, doesn't need to be hemmed or anything, so i'm buying it right off the rack and just going to get cups sewn in and call it good! I didn't get a good picture of the detailing on the bodice part, but it's a very pretty flower detail...I  love it!

Dress 4.JPG

photo 2.JPG

~ December 5, 2012 ~

~ Las Caletas, Mexico ~

#4969 Janinej9

Janinej9
                  • 12 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:54 PM

Thank You so much ! It is not a corset it has buttons up the back. I cant wait until mine comes in! This was the sample in the store.

#4970 Janinej9

Janinej9
                    • 12 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

You look amazing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users