#4891 AllieH

AllieH
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

ckrn - your dress is beautiful and looks great on you!! 

MsBliss - your dress is gorgeous too. I love the ruffles and the deep sweetheart. I like either the side pony or the up do. both show off your lovely neckline and make you look nice and tall(er

Choco - your dress is so sophisticated and unique - love it!!! I think I'd leave the shoulder - it makes a nice diagonal line with the pleating under the bust and then up over the other shoulder. 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#4892 Krysti

Krysti
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

Nicc80,

We got his shirt from www.islandimporter.com: the Linen Amalfi Shirt (short sleeve) in ivory.  It comes in various colours and is priced at $50 USD.  It's a great shirt that can be worn over and over again! :)

#4893 Krysti

Krysti
    • 30 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

So couture looking!  Love it!  I say keep the shoulder strap...it compliments the dress so well!

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

LOVE my dress, it fit's my personality perfectly! Unfortunately, I have to wait until 2013 to wear it. But this gives me time to decide on whether or not I will keep the one shoulder strap on convert the dressinto a strapless.  Any thoughts?

Photo07281600.jpgPhoto07281602.jpg

#4894 Krysti

Krysti
      • 30 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

Absolutely love your dress!!  What a fantastic choice you made!  I think hair to the side with a flower to show off your neck and shoulders :)

Originally Posted by MsBlissMpls 

I just picked up my dress & have no one to share it with because they might mention it in front of my fiance! Love this forum!

It needs some fitting around the top where it is to big, but I love it. Now I need to decide what to do with my hair. Up, down, side pony, veil/ flower?? No idea - time to move to the hair forum....But I do love the dress! Can't wait until it's tailored & we are on the beach with professional photos! :)

Amanda DressI.JPGAmanda Dress IX.JPG

AmandaDress- Hairpiece I.JPGAmandaDress- Hair up Hairpiece.JPG

#4895 CKNMVS

CKNMVS
        • 35 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

This is mine but I have some second thoughts.... Back is corset

Attached File  to post.JPG   297.45KB   0 downloads

• Attached File  to post.JPG   104.81KB   0 downloads

#4896 WPGBride

WPGBride
          • 203 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

Absolutly gorgeous! If I didn't already have a dress I would totally want yours ! as for strap or no strap, I think it all depends on your figure. Some people look better in strapless and some look better with a one shoulder strap. Who is the designer by the way?

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

LOVE my dress, it fit's my personality perfectly! Unfortunately, I have to wait until 2013 to wear it. But this gives me time to decide on whether or not I will keep the one shoulder strap on convert the dressinto a strapless.  Any thoughts?

Photo07281600.jpgPhoto07281602.jpg

#4897 Sharon99

Sharon99
            • 1,301 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:43 AM

Amanda, you look gorgeous!!! I had to think for a second if this was the model photo! Love the hair up or to the side look.

Originally Posted by MsBlissMpls 

I just picked up my dress & have no one to share it with because they might mention it in front of my fiance! Love this forum!

It needs some fitting around the top where it is to big, but I love it. Now I need to decide what to do with my hair. Up, down, side pony, veil/ flower?? No idea - time to move to the hair forum....But I do love the dress! Can't wait until it's tailored & we are on the beach with professional photos! :)

Amanda DressI.JPGAmanda Dress IX.JPG

AmandaDress- Hairpiece I.JPGAmandaDress- Hair up Hairpiece.JPG

#4898 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
              • 955 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:46 AM

Thanks for the input and compliments ladies. This Dress is by Alvina Valenta.  I love the attention to detail and construction of her dresses. I am definitely amoung the 30% of women who purchased a dress that was consistant with what they originally envisioned...All 3 dresses that i ultimately chose between were ones that I had went into the bridal stores with pictures of.

#4899 MsBlissMpls

MsBlissMpls
                • 253 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:58 AM

Thank you for all of the compliments. You are all so sweet. I am leaning towards the side pony with curls & a flower with netting. We'll be on the beach & the flower (even if fake) will look nice and tropical. I'm so excited I could explode. Thanks again!  

#4900 Speckles121

Speckles121
                  • 720 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

ahhhh thats soo exciting!! mine won't come in for 8 months they said..so if it comes in sooner i'll be excited!! make sure to post pictures bc i CANNOT wait to see it!!

Originally Posted by geishagyrl 

Congrats for being another E of A bride! Your dress is gorgeous! I originally thought I wanted something with ruffles but I found out I'm too short for them. They make me look more like a midget. LOL. When does it come in? I got a call this weekend saying my dress was in so I'll be posting pics of it soon! I'm super excited...it's been 6 months!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users