Photo

Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#4471 Allie2012

Allie2012
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

I absolutely LOVE your dress! Very similar shape and style to mine :) When I went searching for a wedding dress the sales consultant told me that anything goes these days for destination wedding dresses. You should buy whatever you like best and what you feel the most beautiful in regardless of where you are getting married. So I think that you absolutely made the right choice, and I think that it would look amazing done up with turquoise accessories, and I know a lot of girls on here are doing a bright hair flower as well!

Originally Posted by ntlsnow 

MY DRESS!

So...I bought my dress before we decided to do a Destination Wedding. I am hoping it will work. I chose a less glitzy dress because I wanted to glam it up with a huge necklace, bracelets, and earrings. I still do plan to do that, maybe in a pretty tropical turquoise/blue color. :-)

Would love opinions on this since I am worried about wearing this 'type' of dress on the beach.

#4472 SS2012

SS2012
    • 180 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:41 PM

looooooove this dress! gorgeous, i love the layers. like other girls have said: others have worn much larger dresses to the DW! if its the dress of your dreams it will work perfectly! 

#4473 Jessicalily

Jessicalily
      • Banned
      • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

come see my wedding dress i bought form http://www.weddingdressesinuk.co.uk/, i really feel grateful and happy.

d7c527388f4dc83c65b53d8bf048ffab.jpg

fd1c7e5f11b1ef4686499744cf7a2c94.jpg

#4474 amitksharma

amitksharma
        • Banned
        • 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:02 AM

Nice dress....whats the name of the designer ?

#4475 AwayDC

AwayDC
          • 155 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:03 AM

Its gorgeous! Looks very light and like you mentioned glaming it up a bit will be the perfect touch.

#4476 ntlsnow

ntlsnow
            • 204 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:24 AM

Thank you for the advice and compliments ladies! This was the 3rd dress I tried on, and it is quite an overwhelming feeling when it is "the one". My emotions were hard to describe, I just felt immense joy and happiness, and the second I looked in the mirror I pictured my fiance seeing me in it. My mom and BFF were there and all of us were crying. LOL

It is a tad heavier than it looks, that is what I was worried about. But you are all right, I am in love with it (wish I could wear it every day right now!!!) and no other dress would compare...you cannot change what you love. :-)

The designer on it is Watters, one of the best decisions I have ever made. Now off to find some crazy glam jewlery. To be continued.... :-)

#4477 LonaJ

LonaJ
              • 79 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:18 PM

Here is a picture of my top pick....can't wait to actually try it on!

2037f%201024x768.jpg

#4478 Janet1480

Janet1480
                • 709 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:14 PM

Check out Redi By Chelsea...she is amazing...she designed all my jewelry exactly as i dreamed it up! I highly recommed her :) just an idea and an option for you  to look at ;)

Originally Posted by ntlsnow 

Thank you for the advice and compliments ladies! This was the 3rd dress I tried on, and it is quite an overwhelming feeling when it is "the one". My emotions were hard to describe, I just felt immense joy and happiness, and the second I looked in the mirror I pictured my fiance seeing me in it. My mom and BFF were there and all of us were crying. LOL

It is a tad heavier than it looks, that is what I was worried about. But you are all right, I am in love with it (wish I could wear it every day right now!!!) and no other dress would compare...you cannot change what you love. :-)

The designer on it is Watters, one of the best decisions I have ever made. Now off to find some crazy glam jewlery. To be continued.... :-)

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#4479 LaraJo

LaraJo
                  • 159 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:31 PM

Love love loved my Modern Trousseau gown and can not say enough positive things about this company. April in the showroom in NY is an absolute DOLL and Callie, the designer/owner is just incredible. They even altered the flowers on my shoes for free so my toes would "peep" a little more. Just an amazing company that makes a bride feel 100% special!!

#4480 LaraJo

LaraJo
                    • 159 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:50 PM

Woops! Must have hit submit a little early. Anyway, from start to finish, and 2 sets of alterations in between, I was 100% happy with my experience at Modern Trousseau. They are a wonderful bunch of women who cater to their brides' every need. Here are the pics:

0053.jpg

0032.jpg

0079.jpg

0101.jpg

0338.jpg

0321.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)