Jump to content

Photo

Show us your wedding dress!


  • Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#4441 sunny55143

sunny55143
  • Newbie
  • 84 posts

    Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:06 AM

    I like your idea of doing something just on the front, Janet, whether it be some bling or having a colored belt sewn in and ending at the corset tie-up.

     

    Thank you for the feedback, ladies!!



    #4442 MJKH

    MJKH
    • Site Supporter
    • 654 posts

      Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:08 AM


      Update - dropped in to "Store B" this morning - they're the ones ordering my wedding dresses and good news...my white dress is in (not sure why they didn't call!!) and the off white dress is scheduled for delivery in the next week.  So, I now have a booking for my first fitting on Jan 2!!!  The owner and master fitter were there and gave me the thumbs up that everything will be ready to go in plenty of time.
       

      Originally Posted by MJKH 

      Ok, here's the lowdown...need some advice:

       

      • mid-July of this year - ordered a Barijay dress for my FI's 17 year old daughter from "Store A" - was told it would take 3 - 4 months - dress still not in.
      • mid-August - ordered a Barijay dress for my reception, paid extra to "RUSH" - from "Store A" - dress is still not in.
      • mid-August - ordered two Bill Levkoff bridesmaid dresses from "Store B" - one in white and one in off white for me - white is the wedding dress, off white may be for TTD or AHR next May - neither dress is in.

       

      Like honestly, at what point do I need to panic and find a plan "B"?  7 weeks from this Sunday we leave for our wedding!!!  I called "Store A" last week about FI's daughter's dress and was basically told "don't call us, we'll call you."



       



      #4443 Janet1480

      Janet1480
      • Member
      • 709 posts

        Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:25 AM

        No worries...let us know (share pics) what you decide to do :)  
         

        Originally Posted by sunny55143 

        I like your idea of doing something just on the front, Janet, whether it be some bling or having a colored belt sewn in and ending at the corset tie-up.

         

        Thank you for the feedback, ladies!!



         


        Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana


        #4444 Cateyedcutie

        Cateyedcutie
        • Jr. Member
        • 159 posts

          Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:11 AM


          That's fantastic news, I'm happy for you. Any news on store a?

          Originally Posted by MJKH 


          Update - dropped in to "Store B" this morning - they're the ones ordering my wedding dresses and good news...my white dress is in (not sure why they didn't call!!) and the off white dress is scheduled for delivery in the next week.  So, I now have a booking for my first fitting on Jan 2!!!  The owner and master fitter were there and gave me the thumbs up that everything will be ready to go in plenty of time.
           



           



           



          #4445 X-Tina

          X-Tina
          • Newbie
          • 39 posts

            Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:32 AM

            Can anyone lead me to a place (other than etsy) that has diamond white flower sashes? I live in the greater Toronto area and I can't find anything that I like. Help!



            #4446 AD2012

            AD2012
            • Jr. Member
            • 240 posts

              Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:06 PM

              Have you looked at bridal stores or where you bought you dress? The place where I bought my dress had lots to choose from.

               

              Good Luck!
               

              Originally Posted by X-Tina 

              Can anyone lead me to a place (other than etsy) that has diamond white flower sashes? I live in the greater Toronto area and I can't find anything that I like. Help!



               



              #4447 Allie2012

              Allie2012
              • Jr. Member
              • 194 posts

                Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:33 PM


                Great news!!! You must be so relieved knowing that your first fitting Is Jan 2nd which will leave plenty of time for alterations!

                What about FI's daughter's dress?

                Originally Posted by MJKH 


                Update - dropped in to "Store B" this morning - they're the ones ordering my wedding dresses and good news...my white dress is in (not sure why they didn't call!!) and the off white dress is scheduled for delivery in the next week.  So, I now have a booking for my first fitting on Jan 2!!!  The owner and master fitter were there and gave me the thumbs up that everything will be ready to go in plenty of time.
                 



                 



                 



                #4448 belledame

                belledame
                • Jr. Member
                • 195 posts

                  Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:15 AM

                  That's awesome MJKH! Getting to try on the dress for the first time is always so exciting.



                  #4449 MrSRobinson1

                  MrSRobinson1
                  • Newbie
                  • 17 posts

                    Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:50 AM

                    Does anyone know the designer and/or model of this dress?

                    #4450 Brenners

                    Brenners
                    • Member
                    • 807 posts

                      Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

                      So happy to know that your dress came in and the other is on its way!  Congratulations!

                       

                      Quote:

                      Originally Posted by MJKH 


                      Update - dropped in to "Store B" this morning - they're the ones ordering my wedding dresses and good news...my white dress is in (not sure why they didn't call!!) and the off white dress is scheduled for delivery in the next week.  So, I now have a booking for my first fitting on Jan 2!!!  The owner and master fitter were there and gave me the thumbs up that everything will be ready to go in plenty of time.
                       



                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users