Photo

Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#4431 shellbell9567

shellbell9567
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:31 AM

Thanks for all the compliments! I really did end up loving it, it was silk so it was so soft and beautiful close up. Amjohnson-- no they have a line of several wedding dresses, they are just more casual than most. My sister also got her bridesmaid dress there and it was beautiful. I really recommend people giving them a try. 

The funny thing I learned that day was that I was so stressed about a windy day and in the end it made my pictures turn out so wonderful. Thats the best advice I have for everyone, go with the flow and everything will turn out great. 

#4432 Jber713

Jber713
    • 179 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:45 PM

WOW those are stunning pictures! I hope I have some that turn out close to that! 

Jen

#4433 sunny55143

sunny55143
      • 84 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:30 AM

Hi ladies, I just ordered my dress yesterday!  I am going to attempt to post the pics, but here's the link just in case (it's Da Vinci 8521):

8251 - front.jpg  8521 - back.png

I had been scouring this thread for a while trying to find what I was looking for and you all had such good ideas and feedback!  My question is, what do you think about tying a blue sash (wedding color) around my waist in this dress?  I'm concerned about how it might look with the way the back is angled down.  The lady at the store suggested maybe loosely knotting a sash on the front left side instead...

Thanks for any feedback!  Wish it was February and it was here now!

Cynthia

#4434 Janet1480

Janet1480
        • 709 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:07 AM

WOW ...breathtakingly beautiful....love the first one on the rocks....you look like a model!

Originally Posted by Brenners 

That is truly beautiful!  Perfect for a DW!  You look so happy!  Congrats.

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#4435 Pucca

Pucca
          • 485 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:25 AM

What a beautiful dress and what beautiful photos! The wind really enhanced everything I think! Congratulations! 

Originally Posted by shellbell9567 

Ok, I posted a pic of mine on the model a few months ago, but now my wedding has come and gone--it was truly wonderful--and I thought I would post one of me in the dress. I chose a simple dress from BCBG of all places but it turned out to be perfect for me:

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

#4436 Jber713

Jber713
            • 179 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:37 AM

I think with the corset back a sash might take away from the beauty of that, just a thought.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by sunny55143 

Hi ladies, I just ordered my dress yesterday!  I am going to attempt to post the pics, but here's the link just in case (it's Da Vinci 8521):

I had been scouring this thread for a while trying to find what I was looking for and you all had such good ideas and feedback!  My question is, what do you think about tying a blue sash (wedding color) around my waist in this dress?  I'm concerned about how it might look with the way the back is angled down.  The lady at the store suggested maybe loosely knotting a sash on the front left side instead...

Cynthia

Jen

#4437 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
              • 1,748 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:00 AM

I dont think you need a sash, honestly the dress is beautiful just the way it is and I feel like a coloured sash would just detract from it! just my opinion though

Cynthia

#4438 belledame

belledame
                • 195 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

@ Sunny

You definitely do not need the sash....the dress is gorgeous without it. It might make it look busy with the design in the back.

#4439 Janet1480

Janet1480
                  • 709 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:15 PM

How about asking the bridal salon if they can add a belt type feature sewn on to just the front of the dress? The sash would def take away from the back and the beautiful lines and tie up style but if you find the front too plain you can add some sort of bling to the front only without utilizing a sash....just an idea :)

Cynthia

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#4440 Cateyedcutie

Cateyedcutie
                    • 159 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

Ditto! It'll take away from the dress. 

Originally Posted by belledame 

@ Sunny

You definitely do not need the sash....the dress is gorgeous without it. It might make it look busy with the design in the back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users