Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#4161 YWS2012

YWS2012
  • 393 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:17 AM

Pucca

The dress is gorgeous!!!!!   3 cheers for your great find to fit your budget.!!!!!!

I'm plan to do the same thing so that my FI will be surprised   

#4162 emstypes

emstypes
    • 243 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

Thanks Pucca! 

#4163 starrysim

starrysim
      • 349 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amjohnson 

Hi Ladies,

So below are two photos of the dress I bought today! I am having a small civil ceremony here to make our marriage "legal" before we head to Mexico.

I really didn't want to wear my dress twice...wanted to keep it as a surprise for my fiance and our other guests in Mexico. So a local store has

an annual sample sale and I went with my best friend. This dress is retailed at 1900$ and I got it for 200$! That was my budget exactly!

Once I get nice photos with it on I will post them. My dress is ivory, I think the dress below is white. 

But I love this dress...maybe even more then my more expensive dress! Thoughts?

Thanks

wedding dress1.JPG  wedding dress2.JPG

This is beautiful, and getting such a great deal makes it even sweeter :)  I'm a bargain hunter, can you tell.

And a shout out to all the fellow brides doing INSANITY!!!  My fiance and I are almost done month two, and my stomach hasn't been this flat in years.  I just bought size 25 jeans, down from 27, none of my old clothes fit anymore :)  Can't wait to have my next dress fitting and have the dress actually fit!  I bought it one size big because I was afraid it would be too small, but I ended up losing weight in the end.  Yaaay for Insanity.  Here's my dress, trying the sample first (with a little stomach, but all pinned up), and then trying my own at home about a month ago (pre-alterations, so it's big, and not pinned, I'm trying to hold it tight in the back, lol).  Next fitting Oct 30, can't wait!  I've posted before, but here goes anyway...

3.jpg me1.jpg

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#4164 amjohnson

amjohnson
        • Site Supporter
        • 340 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:11 PM

Thank you Pucca!

My DW dress is a little more fun and modern, with floral beading and flower petals. As my brother, his fiancee, and my nephews and brother in law will not be at our wedding in Mexico,

I kind of want to wear a wedding dress for our civil ceremony here.We plan on doing it at a indoor botanical garden then go out for a nice dinner. 

I agree with you, I love this dress!..I feel sexier in this one. I am going to try both of them on this week and take some photos and then maybe I will ask you ladies again for your words of wisdom. I may even take both to Mexico, they are both light and can be packed in one garment bag. I could wear this one for the reception...

Never thought I would get two dresses and all under900$!!!

Originally Posted by Pucca 

I don't know what your DW dress looks like but I think this is dress is gorgeous!!! Would you consider wearing it for your DW instead and maybe just wearing a nice party dress for the legal ceremony?  I never considered wearing a wedding dress for my civil ceremony; I just thought it was too much for something that was only going to be 5 minutes long (that's literally how long it took us in front of the judge). I just wore something nice because I wanted to wear the wedding dress for the DW which will actually be the day we celebrate in full effect. 

I tried on this dress when I was searching for wedding dresses. I really liked the flow of it but I wanted something with straps so I ended up getting something else. Beautiful choice!

#4165 amjohnson

amjohnson
          • Site Supporter
          • 340 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:23 PM

Starrysim,

You look great! I also love your dress! So can you tell me what this Insanity workout is? I just want to firm up a bit more but my FI is feeling not as handsome and wants to tone up a bit

so maybe it would be something we can do together.

Thanks!

#4166 sxcT

sxcT
            • 1,282 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:48 AM

Great job Starrysim!!  I just finished Insanity on Friday and it felt so good!!  Keep up the hard work girl.  You look great in your dress already!!

#4167 Pucca

Pucca
              • 485 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by YWS2012 

Pucca

The dress is gorgeous!!!!! 

Thank you Pucca!

My DW dress is a little more fun and modern, with floral beading and flower petals. As my brother, his fiancee, and my nephews and brother in law will not be at our wedding in Mexico,

I kind of want to wear a wedding dress for our civil ceremony here.We plan on doing it at a indoor botanical garden then go out for a nice dinner. 

I agree with you, I love this dress!..I feel sexier in this one. I am going to try both of them on this week and take some photos and then maybe I will ask you ladies again for your words of wisdom. I may even take both to Mexico, they are both light and can be packed in one garment bag. I could wear this one for the reception...

Never thought I would get two dresses and all under900$!!!

Okay, that makes sense then!! Yes, I'd like to see the other one too, so take pictures and post them!  If you're doing a TTD session, you can also wear this one for it if you want to keep the other one on throughout your entire event. Either way, you can't lose! 

#4168 Kimberli1211

Kimberli1211
                • 237 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:57 AM

Way to go girl!!! I wish I had that motivation... I'm lucky if I can get myself to work out once in a week!! I swore I'd get myself in perfect swimsuit shape, so I wouldn't be the least self-conscious living in it for the week. Guess I better get busy if I want to accomplish that goal! ;) Good work- looking great!! :D

Originally Posted by starrysim 

And a shout out to all the fellow brides doing INSANITY!!!  My fiance and I are almost done month two, and my stomach hasn't been this flat in years.  I just bought size 25 jeans, down from 27, none of my old clothes fit anymore :)  Can't wait to have my next dress fitting and have the dress actually fit!  I bought it one size big because I was afraid it would be too small, but I ended up losing weight in the end.  Yaaay for Insanity.  Here's my dress, trying the sample first (with a little stomach, but all pinned up), and then trying my own at home about a month ago (pre-alterations, so it's big, and not pinned, I'm trying to hold it tight in the back, lol).  Next fitting Oct 30, can't wait!  I've posted before, but here goes anyway...

3.jpg me1.jpg

#4169 kat2012

kat2012
                  • 602 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:39 AM

I am with you on having no motivation. :(

Not sure how to find it these days...

Originally Posted by Kimberli1211 

Way to go girl!!! I wish I had that motivation... I'm lucky if I can get myself to work out once in a week!! I swore I'd get myself in perfect swimsuit shape, so I wouldn't be the least self-conscious living in it for the week. Guess I better get busy if I want to accomplish that goal! ;) Good work- looking great!! :D 

Attached Files

#4170 Bride2012

Bride2012
                    • Banned
                    • 442 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:41 AM

You look GREAT! Insanity has really paid off well for you!

3.jpg me1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users