Photo

Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#3641 Starfish0512

Starfish0512
  • 283 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

Love the angles of the ruching on this dress! Very nice!!!

Originally Posted by Jennybell1 

wedding dress.jpg

#3642 Starfish0512

Starfish0512
    • 283 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:29 PM

Love it!!

Originally Posted by AquaCait 

Here's my dress!!!  Viola by Sottero and Midgley....I can't wait for it to come in...only 9 more months till I get to wear it!!!!!

Large View of the Viola Bridal GownLarge View of the Viola Bridal GownLarge View of the Viola Bridal Gown

#3643 Starfish0512

Starfish0512
      • 283 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:32 PM

Thanks for doing the test run for all of us!!! I was curious how these would work!  Was there a smell that came from them at all? Usually a pain relieving patch will have a menthol smell...  May have to give these a shot! Still really hot in GCM at 530pm :)

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland 

Cold Patch Test

Ok ladies so I decided to test out the suggestion to wear cold patches under your wedding gown!

I am working from home today, it's a hot muggy day, so I thought it was a good chance to test!

I got the patches from Walgreens as suggested on here -> http://www.walgreens...6067944-product

There a 3 patches which I cut in half, and applied three to each thigh.

I had no bad reactions, after a little while i forgot they were there, and i could definitely feel the coolness, although not cold and uncomfortable.

I don't think they will bring HUGE relief but anything that will help will be worth it considering there weren't uncomforable and are cheap.

Also they don't last super long. The box said up to 4 hours, but by 3 hours the effect was completely gone.

I plan to put them on right before I leave the hotel room so they will last through the ceremony and cocktail and into some of our photo session. Then when it comes close to reception time I will take them off, in perfect time before the garter has to come off!

#3644 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
        • 1,748 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:27 PM

Do you live in Cayman now?!?!

Originally Posted by Starfish0512 

Thanks for doing the test run for all of us!!! I was curious how these would work!  Was there a smell that came from them at all? Usually a pain relieving patch will have a menthol smell...  May have to give these a shot! Still really hot in GCM at 530pm :)

#3645 Kimberli1211

Kimberli1211
          • 237 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

Awesome Joanne, I've been waiting for a review! ;)

Cold Patch Test

Ok ladies so I decided to test out the suggestion to wear cold patches under your wedding gown!

I am working from home today, it's a hot muggy day, so I thought it was a good chance to test!

I got the patches from Walgreens as suggested on here -> http://www.walgreens...6067944-product

I had no bad reactions, after a little while i forgot they were there, and i could definitely feel the coolness, although not cold and uncomfortable.

I don't think they will bring HUGE relief but anything that will help will be worth it considering there weren't uncomforable and are cheap.

Also they don't last super long. The box said up to 4 hours, but by 3 hours the effect was completely gone.

I plan to put them on right before I leave the hotel room so they will last through the ceremony and cocktail and into some of our photo session. Then when it comes close to reception time I will take them off, in perfect time before the garter has to come off!

#3646 mandijacole

mandijacole
            • 156 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:26 PM

What an awesome idea!  I have never thought of this!   Thanks for trying it out for us all :)

Cold Patch Test

#3647 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
              • 860 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:42 AM

There was a menthol smell, but not very strong, and really was only when I held it up to my nose.

Originally Posted by Starfish0512 

#3648 mel72683

mel72683
                • 52 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:25 AM

Here is my dress :))

DSC_3028.JPG

#3649 Starfish0512

Starfish0512
                  • 283 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:57 AM

I wish!!!! FI and I have had conversations in the past of picking up and moving to an island... we are both on the same page there, if anything this DW has made me want to go even more (pretty sure I'd miss my family tremendously though)!  We did our site check 1 year to the date and it was uber hot at 530pm. 

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

Do you live in Cayman now?!?!

#3650 X-Tina

X-Tina
                    • 39 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:41 AM

Hi Ladies!

I really need your opinion on my dress selection. I can't decide between these two dresses. 

http://s1116.photobu...christina22210/

Help!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users