Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#3191 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
  • 447 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by merrylee 

Deannamarie, I totally missed that you changed dresses trying to read through the 100 pages I hadn't seen in a while.  You looked stunning

Hey! Yes I did....The other "fun, blue, flowery" dress will now make it's debut at the at home reception!! :) Thank you This one was much better suited for the beach!

#3192 nandrwed2011

nandrwed2011
    • 16 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

Thank you Merrylee!!!!! :)

Originally Posted by merrylee 

I love this dress it's beautiful, and you make it look more so.  Congrats

#3193 Brenners

Brenners
      • 807 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:12 PM

Starfish do you live in NY?  Because you should be able to just go into any shop that sells Pronovias and they should be able to just tell you if you can order it to your requests.  Unless of course you are wanting a trip to NY! 

@ Brenners - what a great idea! Never thought of asking! Thinking I may have to go to NY for that kind of request.   

@JayKay -  Removing the straps completely, turn into a sweetheart neckline.  The seamstress folded the straps in created a v in the back too, looks gorgeous!

@ToriLynn - which pronovias are you considering?!  I have found one from the 2012 collection that I really want to try as well but it's not in stores yet...  Thinking a trip to NY may be required.

What's amazing about this whole ordeal is that I found this dress on Newbury St in Boston at what I thought was a very reasonable price. They offered to sell me the sample - great condition and do the alterations, simple right? So I stop into this little shanty of a bridal shop, knowing they carry pronovias, VERY surprised by the way the shop looks - pure judgement call here - to find out they have the dress, will order me a new one (this is where I worked with the alterations lady directly), do the alterations there of course for $1000 CHEAPER!!!!   To me it's a no brainer - order the dress but it's that what if that's stopping me!

So I stopped into this little shant So I stopped into this little shanty

#3194 Brenners

Brenners
        • 807 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:40 PM

Carrierae that is very beautiful and fun!

Originally Posted by carrierae 

It keeps saying its "being held for moderation"....its been well over a day and I tried to post twice! :(

Here's a link, I'll see if it works....here's some of my proofs

http://cdn.bestdesti...35c_4bsmall.jpg

#3195 Brenners

Brenners
          • 807 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:44 PM

I love the one shoulder!  Very beautiful!

Originally Posted by kris10kay 

Here is my dress! I ordered it finally and got it in white :) When it comes in I am having my seamstress make the top into a sweat heart! dress.jpg

#3196 Starfish0512

Starfish0512
            • 283 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:59 PM

I agree with you 100% I "should" be able to do that....  I just didn't trust the answer I was receiving.  I drove into NY today, no I don't live there, or near there for that matter but I am SO glad I did!  I found my answer and trusted the people who gave it to me and fell in love with a dress that doesn't need alterations.  Will post tomorrow - exaughasted from my day of traveling

Starfish do you live in NY?  Because you should be able to just go into any shop that sells Pronovias and they should be able to just tell you if you can order it to your requests.  Unless of course you are wanting a trip to NY! 

#3197 Brenners

Brenners
              • 807 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:09 PM

YEAH!!!  That is so exciting and so worth the trip! 

I agree with you 100% I "should" be able to do that....  I just didn't trust the answer I was receiving.  I drove into NY today, no I don't live there, or near there for that matter but I am SO glad I did!  I found my answer and trusted the people who gave it to me and fell in love with a dress that doesn't need alterations.  Will post tomorrow - exaughasted from my day of traveling

#3198 Shahlo

Shahlo
                • 253 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:56 PM

Well ladies, here is my dress that I ordered online. I had such a hard time finding something that I loved so I had to look online. I've tried fitted and mermaid styles and loved how they looked on me, but I am still not sure if I did the right decision with this dress. Can't wait to get it so I can finally relax and not worry about it anymore.

yhst-61083666167599_2158_13589223.jpgyhst-61083666167599_2158_13995028.jpg

#3199 Starfish0512

Starfish0512
                  • 283 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:50 AM

I've been known to be a bit impulsive with my decisions, this time be it no different.  I decided Thursday after experiencing some (ok a lot of) stress over answers I was receiving from a LBS regarding a dress that I found and loved but wanted to make alterations to, that I needed to go straight to the designer to get an answer that I trusted.  I made an appointment in NYC and I made my trek (10 hours total) into the city to find my dress.  I had an amazing experience, very personalized service, they provided me with the answers I was in search of and then proceeded to find me the perfect dress for our event that wont require major alterations.  Simple yet unique with the design on the bodice, I immediately knew I was done looking, I had found my dress and a wave of relief washed over me.  The woman I worked with, I am grateful for her kindness, her camera skills lacked a bit...

Pronovias Paola.JPGPronovias Paola Bodice.JPGPronovias Paola Full Length.JPG

#3200 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                    • 860 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:33 AM

This is amazing! Who is the designer? I don't think you'll be disappointed at all!

Originally Posted by Shahlo 

Well ladies, here is my dress that I ordered online. I had such a hard time finding something that I loved so I had to look online. I've tried fitted and mermaid styles and loved how they looked on me, but I am still not sure if I did the right decision with this dress. Can't wait to get it so I can finally relax and not worry about it anymore.

yhst-61083666167599_2158_13589223.jpgyhst-61083666167599_2158_13995028.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users