Photo

Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#3031 Lindy S

Lindy S
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

I really love this dress by Allure! I'm thinking about purchasing it...it looks stunning on! Tell me what you think!

8758F.jpg8758B.jpg

#3032 Shahlo

Shahlo
    • 253 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:24 PM

Have you tried a shape like this? If you did and you liked it go for it! I think the dress is gorgeous

Originally Posted by Lindy S 

I really love this dress by Allure! I'm thinking about purchasing it...it looks stunning on! Tell me what you think!

8758F.jpg8758B.jpg

#3033 Leah2012

Leah2012
      • 154 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:41 PM

Beautiful dress! And would be perfect for a DW! So light and flowy!!

8758F.jpg8758B.jpg

#3034 Brenners

Brenners
        • 807 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:44 PM

RyGuysBride, I went by myself today and tried on different styles that I hadn't before.  I found three I liked and will bring my friends for another appointment to get their thoughts.  I am also going to another couple of shops tomorrow with my friends and will try on similar styles again.  I feel your pain because I am feeling the same way.  I hope I have the moment soon!

Originally Posted by RyGuysBride 

Thanks girls! I feel better knowing I'm not the only one having this problem! Sharon99, I'm at the stage that I'm thinking about going myself too! None of my bridesmaids are married yet and I feel like they think I'm nuts! haha The search continues!

#3035 Brenners

Brenners
          • 807 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:46 PM

Oh my gosh!  I just saw this dress today!  It was beautiful!

8758F.jpg8758B.jpg

#3036 starrysim

starrysim
            • 349 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:08 PM

To the girls who are having a hard time finding something they love, and not having the "this is it" feeling - hang in there!  I almost said yes to a few dresses, and they would've been mistakes!  Definitely trust your gut feeling, take lots of pics, sleep on it, and go to as many stores as you need to.  I tried on close to 100 dresses.  One the last day, I went to try on once again my top dress, thinking I would get it.  I tried on about 10 other dresses that day, and while many were pretty, none felt like "the one."  Then, the VERY LAST dress I was going to try on turned out to be the one!  I almost didn't try it because it was on a mannequin in the window, but the saleswoman was such a sweetheart and didn't mind at all.  I'm so happy with my final choice, and I'm glad I tried on that very last dress after all. 

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#3037 Brenners

Brenners
              • 807 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:23 PM

Thanks starryism!  I have three places book for appointments - two tomorrow and another a week from Sunday.  I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Originally Posted by starrysim 

To the girls who are having a hard time finding something they love, and not having the "this is it" feeling - hang in there!  I almost said yes to a few dresses, and they would've been mistakes!  Definitely trust your gut feeling, take lots of pics, sleep on it, and go to as many stores as you need to.  I tried on close to 100 dresses.  One the last day, I went to try on once again my top dress, thinking I would get it.  I tried on about 10 other dresses that day, and while many were pretty, none felt like "the one."  Then, the VERY LAST dress I was going to try on turned out to be the one!  I almost didn't try it because it was on a mannequin in the window, but the saleswoman was such a sweetheart and didn't mind at all.  I'm so happy with my final choice, and I'm glad I tried on that very last dress after all. 

#3038 Shahlo

Shahlo
                • 253 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:46 PM

You'll find it Brenners,

Take a lot of pictures, if you are allowed, from different angles. I found pictures really helped me to narrow down what i really liked. Keep us posted on your dress shopping!

Originally Posted by Brenners 

RyGuysBride, I went by myself today and tried on different styles that I hadn't before.  I found three I liked and will bring my friends for another appointment to get their thoughts.  I am also going to another couple of shops tomorrow with my friends and will try on similar styles again.  I feel your pain because I am feeling the same way.  I hope I have the moment soon!

#3039 Kimberli1211

Kimberli1211
                  • 237 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:24 PM

So I know I've already had my turn, but I found another excuse to post.... my dress came in and I had my first fitting today!!! I had to take my hair piece and earrings and all.  It fits like a glove and the only alteration I need to make is a half inch off the bottom. YAY!! My daughter spent the whole time smoothing and fluffing and directing me to pose. :) 

SAM_1463.JPGSAM_1489.JPG(Allure 8766)

#3040 janette34

janette34
                    • 417 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:19 AM

Looks great!

Originally Posted by Kimberli1211 

So I know I've already had my turn, but I found another excuse to post.... my dress came in and I had my first fitting today!!! I had to take my hair piece and earrings and all.  It fits like a glove and the only alteration I need to make is a half inch off the bottom. YAY!! My daughter spent the whole time smoothing and fluffing and directing me to pose. :) 

SAM_1463.JPGSAM_1489.JPG(Allure 8766)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users