Photo

Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#3001 Sharon99

Sharon99
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:06 AM

Wow that's great it all worked out for you! Really turned out beautiful!

Originally Posted by lshaef 

Thank you for all of the nice compliments! To answer a few questions:
    Soutache Lace ($105 per yard) and silk crepe satin ($53 per yard) - total with taxes and shipping $540.
    I paid $500 to have it made. A steal since alterations alone are a couple hundred. She paid for the lining, little bit of tulle, buttons, etc.
    It might look really heavy but it wasn't at all. I was a bit hot dancing but that is to be expected. The dress moved freely and I never once felt constricted or uncomfortable.
    I got a bit dirty at the bottom but we weren't in the sand that much. Still deciding what to do - clean and preserve it or not.

The best thing was I wanted a lace that was $260 per yard. Fell in love with it to only find out they didn't have enough and they called France but couldn't get any. Kind of glad that didn't work out! Ha!

#3002 RyGuysBride

RyGuysBride
    • 150 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:22 AM

Thanks for the info Ishaef! Again, beautiful dress!

#3003 RyGuysBride

RyGuysBride
      • 150 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:23 AM

Congrats Sharon99!!!! It's a beautiful dress and I'm sure you won't regret your choice!

Originally Posted by Sharon99 

Well thought I would let you ladies know I tried on more dresses again last night & finally made a decision & bought #2!! I kept comparing everything to it & thought just get it already!! So even though I didnt have that "moment" I still love it & cant wait to get it in 6-7 months!!! UGH! Hopefully I won't be extremely hot since it's satin. 

Thanks again for all the advice!!

#3004 Brenners

Brenners
        • 807 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:14 AM

That is so great!  I don't think lace would be heavy at all and it looks perfect for the beach.  I think the lace you finally chose was perfect!

Thank you for all of the nice compliments! To answer a few questions:
          Soutache Lace ($105 per yard) and silk crepe satin ($53 per yard) - total with taxes and shipping $540.
          I paid $500 to have it made. A steal since alterations alone are a couple hundred. She paid for the lining, little bit of tulle, buttons, etc.
          It might look really heavy but it wasn't at all. I was a bit hot dancing but that is to be expected. The dress moved freely and I never once felt constricted or uncomfortable.
          I got a bit dirty at the bottom but we weren't in the sand that much. Still deciding what to do - clean and preserve it or not.

The best thing was I wanted a lace that was $260 per yard. Fell in love with it to only find out they didn't have enough and they called France but couldn't get any. Kind of glad that didn't work out! Ha!

#3005 Brenners

Brenners
          • 807 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:18 AM

Congrats Sharon!  It is a beautiful dress!  Please post pics when it comes in!

Well thought I would let you ladies know I tried on more dresses again last night & finally made a decision & bought #2!! I kept comparing everything to it & thought just get it already!! So even though I didnt have that "moment" I still love it & cant wait to get it in 6-7 months!!! UGH! Hopefully I won't be extremely hot since it's satin. 

#3006 choeft201

choeft201
            • 156 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:22 AM

Please don't look at my face in these..not sure what I was doing : ) This is the pics from the final fitting..wedding is next week ; )Dressfront.jpgDressside.jpg

Puerto Vallarta...June 18th, 2011

#3007 Brenners

Brenners
              • 807 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:32 AM

You look beautiful!  Where in Puerto Vallarta are you getting married?  I love Puerto Vallarta!

Originally Posted by choeft201 

Please don't look at my face in these..not sure what I was doing : ) This is the pics from the final fitting..wedding is next week ; )Dressfront.jpgDressside.jpg

#3008 latinive

latinive
                • 179 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:23 AM

You look beautiful.  How exciting.  Have a wonderful wedding!!!

Originally Posted by choeft201 

#3009 MichCraw

MichCraw
                  • 369 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:32 AM

You absolutely look like royalty!!! An exotic princess.... it fits you beautifully ... and the detail looks really amazing!! Congrats

I got married April 16th and had my dress made.  I tried on many dresses and couldn't find the dress I liked so my mother in law (who has a hook up for everything) sent me to a lady she knows.  I described what I wanted done and bought the fabric myself in NYC in B & J Fabrics.  I LOVE my dress.  I don't have a super close up of the back of it which I am sad about but still waiting on seeing more pictures.  It has beautiful buttons down the back.

_MG_5482.jpg_MG_6035.jpg

#3010 beachbum21

beachbum21
                    • 438 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:44 AM

Yay!! Congrats! :) I'm sure you will look stunning and you'll have "that moment" on your wedding day :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users