Photo

Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#2811 Aphrodite

Aphrodite
  • 178 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:17 AM

And after reading through the rest of the posts it looks like you picked #1! lol

Again, both were great choices.  I was looking at Maggie's desintation dresses before I ended up choosing something completely different! lol 

I ended up with a Mori Lee mermaid style.

Both dresses looked great on you!

#2812 Aphrodite

Aphrodite
    • 178 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:18 AM

Can't wait to see the pics! :o)

It's funny how things work themselves out when things that are meant to be are jeopardized ;o)

Originally Posted by carrierae 

Well my whole world got flipped upside down. I am an officer in the Marine Corps and I was told I would not be deploying until next year (because I am a department head and the only one to run the shop while my comm chief is deployed). My fiance and I planned our wedding this Aug in Jamaica. I was told two weeks ago, I am leaving for Africa for a 6 month deployment. Oh the emotions I was going through....at first, it was unsure I would be able to come back to attend my own wedding. Well luckily for us, they granted me 9 days of leave to get  back. Now a bigger concern....my dress. I ordered a David Tutera dress (the "molly"), which I was in love with that was not coming in until July. When I tried it on, I surpised the store owner by not needing a single bit of alterations, but I didn't bother to measure myself....especially since I could try on the dress. Now I don't know if I have gained or lost 5 lbs since then! I was able to contact David Tutera and let me tell you....they rock! They were able to get me my dress (without paying any extra fees), in less than two weeks! It is ready for me to pick up!!!! yay! I'm going to go in on Tuesday and try it on. I'm also going to measure myself so I know what my size is. No time for alterations. Definitely check out their dresses, they bent over backwards to send in a sample for me to TRY on before I ordered it (back in Jan) and now they are helping again by taking one more stressful event out of the equation. His company is amazing!

PS- I will post pics from Tuesday's dress fitting!

#2813 KeraSmiley

KeraSmiley
      • 42 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:00 AM

Altered from a size 12 down to a size 2!!!!!
        I love the final product! I was extremely worried that it would be too significant of an alteration and that the final product would look weird...but it looks perfect! It looks as if it were always a size 2!!

(In the photo's, it's a bit loose at the top...I didn't have it strapped tightly. I was just trying it to see if my heels were too low for my dress...so it was a quick on and off) But when it's strapped tightly, it's barely breathable!!...just how I like it!

contentmediaexternalimagesmedia1282.jpg

contentmediaexternalimagesmedia1284.jpg

#2814 Maritza919

Maritza919
        • 421 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:32 AM

Love seeing all the ladies in their dresses! Can't wait till mine comes in. Still some time to go. :)

#2815 choeft201

choeft201
          • 156 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:39 AM

That is beautiful..and you look great

Puerto Vallarta...June 18th, 2011

#2816 J-me

J-me
            • 398 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:59 PM

So beautiful!! Very princess, yet looks light-weight - perfect for a DW! :)

#2817 Jwed12

Jwed12
              • 251 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:28 PM

Kera Smiley,

Wow that is beautiful! I don't know you at all, but that dress has so much personality! It fits you great. Seems like you'd be a pretty fun bride to party with. :) Great choice!

#2818 JessicaP2012

JessicaP2012
                • 162 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:35 PM

KeraSmiley, this dress is absolutely stunning on you! Love it!

Originally Posted by KeraSmiley 

I love the final product! I was extremely worried that it would be too significant of an alteration and that the final product would look weird...but it looks perfect! It looks as if it were always a size 2!!

(In the photo's, it's a bit loose at the top...I didn't have it strapped tightly. I was just trying it to see if my heels were too low for my dress...so it was a quick on and off) But when it's strapped tightly, it's barely breathable!!...just how I like it!

#2819 aahq45

aahq45
                  • 179 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:32 PM

WOW!!!  You are stunning in this dress!!!  LOVE it!!!  Congrats on finding "the one"!!! :)

#2820 muzikgrrl

muzikgrrl
                    • 193 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:46 PM

That dress is beautiful!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users