Photo

Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#2781 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
  • 614 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:22 AM

did you try oncewed.com? lots of brides on there didn't even wear their dresses - they just changed their mind. even a larger size could be altered. may be worth the cost just to try it, and then you can always sell it again if it doesn't work out. but I bet that when you go shopping, the consultants can pull similar dresses to see if you like the style on. : ) good luck!

Originally Posted by Starfish0512 

I have been obsessing over this dress for quite some time now, and finally it's time to make appointments to go shopping in NYC ( I'm from Boston) so I wanted to  make sure they had the dress before I went... discontinued, heart broken. Not sure I can get it out of my mind...  I do have a few others that I like and will be trying but really had that gut feeling about this one.

Marchesa.jpg

#2782 JQLong

JQLong
    • 336 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:48 AM

You look beautiful. What an amazing dress.

So Amazing......July 4, 2012!!!!!!

#2783 Brenners

Brenners
      • 807 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:09 PM

Try on similar styles.  What they look like in magazines and online on the models is not always what you find when you try them on.  I planned on avoiding anything form-fitting like mermaid/trumpet/fit-and-flare but found that they look the most flattering on me.  You never know until you try them on which will be the one.  Good luck!

Originally Posted by Starfish0512 

I have been obsessing over this dress for quite some time now, and finally it's time to make appointments to go shopping in NYC ( I'm from Boston) so I wanted to  make sure they had the dress before I went... discontinued, heart broken. Not sure I can get it out of my mind...  I do have a few others that I like and will be trying but really had that gut feeling about this one.

Marchesa.jpg

#2784 aahq45

aahq45
        • 179 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:23 PM

Thanks for the oncewed.com website!!  What a great idea!!!

#2785 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
          • 614 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:35 AM

sure! I love it because it may not be that something was ever worn (or even altered), and you could save a lot of $$. : ) good luck on the hunt! your dress is out there. : )

Originally Posted by aahq45 

Thanks for the oncewed.com website!!  What a great idea!!!

#2786 starrysim

starrysim
            • 349 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by choeft201 

I make it thru all pages of this ; ) Today is my 1st dress fitting 2nd time around. I bought the 1st dress when we still planned on having the wedding here. I went in for my 1st appt and saw the 2nd dress on a mannequin..I had to try it on and fell in love. After a few months of fighting with my mom and family...I went with what I wanted and now I'm wearing the 2nd dress..1st one is now for sale if anyone loves it : ) The 2nd one is way to big in these pics : )

I love this dress!  I am wearing a WToo dress as well!

Yaay! Which one?  Maybe I know already, but right now I can't think of another WToo bride here (I'm a Dulconee girl)

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#2787 choeft201

choeft201
              • 156 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:48 PM

I'm not sure of her name..I know it is a private label designer. I asked at my last fitting but I forgot to write it down. I'll ask next time I go for a fitting in a few weeks and get back to you

Puerto Vallarta...June 18th, 2011

#2788 Starfish0512

Starfish0512
                • 283 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:49 PM

Thank you ladies for the support in my quest of finding "the one" and lesee - so sweet of you to post those links for me, I will definitely check them out!  I know someone also asked who the designer is, Marchesa...  I took the liberty of asking them myself, just to make sure the bridal shop wasn't  completely sure.  We'll see if they answer! 

#2789 daizyduke

daizyduke
                  • 230 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:14 PM

everyone has such beautiful dresses.  Can't wait to go dress shopping.

#2790 kwebb28

kwebb28
                    • 12 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

Hey everyone!! I am thinking of buying this Maggie Sottero Destination dress(rd1086)! I LOVE it!!!! But there is another dress by  Alfred Angelo that I also adore! They are 2 different dresses...I'd love to have anyone's opinion about which one I should chose! My family hasn't been much help with deciding because they love them both too!! lol

dress14.jpg

dress9.jpgdress12.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users