Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#2611 amyr610

amyr610
  • Site Supporter
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

I love the mikaella!!! I wish I saw it before I ordered mine:) it's beautiful on you!

#2612 Brenners

Brenners
    • 807 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:59 PM

Going to my first bridal gown shopping appointment on Saturday.  I am excited and nervous at the same time.  I am 5'2" but fairly certain that the consultant will try to get me into a ball gown even though I will be drowning in it.  On the other hand I hope she does because I love a good laugh!

#2613 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
      • 614 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:10 PM

you might luck out and not have to try one on. I escaped without having to do so, although my mom would have liked it, ball gowns are kinda known to drown smaller frames.

good luck with the shopping! : )

Originally Posted by Brenners 

Going to my first bridal gown shopping appointment on Saturday.  I am excited and nervous at the same time.  I am 5'2" but fairly certain that the consultant will try to get me into a ball gown even though I will be drowning in it.  On the other hand I hope she does because I love a good laugh!

#2614 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:25 PM

Good luck with the shopping!!!  I had to try on a ball gown just to please my mother ahha!

Originally Posted by Brenners 

#2615 Aphrodite

Aphrodite
        • 178 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:22 PM

Good luck with your bridal gown shopping!  I never even came near a ballroom gown! lol

#2616 starrysim

starrysim
          • 349 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:36 PM

I was open to trying anything!  The most out-there dress I tried (considering I'm having a DW), was Enzoani blue Dabra.  It doesn't look like much on the picture, but it was gigantic!  Most of it was still sitting in the dressing room when I walked way out, it was that big.  I got a chuckle from Watters Perth as well.  It was about one size too small on me, and I was busting out all over the place (despite being a just a size 2, 34B, with no hips to speak of).  Just be open, and remember that trying on a dress is not making a commitment!  

And take pictures!  I cannot stress how important it is to have pictures to look at when you get home.  It's a completely different perspective, and if I had gone by my feeling on the spot, I would've ended up with some ugly dresses.  And have fun!  I was very stressed at the time, but now I wish I could do a bit more dress shopping, in a more relaxed state of mind.

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#2617 Brenners

Brenners
            • 807 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:41 PM

Jess, that is the perfect dress on you!  Great choice!

Originally Posted by JLR1726 

Soooooooooooooo I changed my mine on the dress..yikes. I finally got to try on the Mikaella 1406 and its beyond perfect. light weight, elegant, sexy and in the budget! I ordered it today!

IMG_0508.JPGIMG_0507.JPGIMG_0509.JPGIMG_0511.JPG

#2618 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
              • 614 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:45 PM

oh AGREED about the pictures - SOOOO important!! they were what helped me truly decide. my mom and I would get in the car after the appointment, and I'd immediately flip through them on the digital camera. then, even the finalists became a quick 'nope'. it was a great way to see what not only looked good on but also what photographed the best.

Originally Posted by starrysim 

I was open to trying anything!  The most out-there dress I tried (considering I'm having a DW), was Enzoani blue Dabra.  It doesn't look like much on the picture, but it was gigantic!  Most of it was still sitting in the dressing room when I walked way out, it was that big.  I got a chuckle from Watters Perth as well.  It was about one size too small on me, and I was busting out all over the place (despite being a just a size 2, 34B, with no hips to speak of).  Just be open, and remember that trying on a dress is not making a commitment!  

And take pictures!  I cannot stress how important it is to have pictures to look at when you get home.  It's a completely different perspective, and if I had gone by my feeling on the spot, I would've ended up with some ugly dresses.  And have fun!  I was very stressed at the time, but now I wish I could do a bit more dress shopping, in a more relaxed state of mind.

#2619 Brenners

Brenners
                • 807 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

I will let you all know how it goes on Saturday...once the giggles subside!  I am looking forward to it and will definitely bring a camera.  Great idea Starryism!  Thanks so much!

#2620 Sharon99

Sharon99
                  • 1,301 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:14 AM

Thanks for the camera advice!!  Great idea, I will definitely be taking mine with me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users