Photo

Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#2571 jonesr1979

jonesr1979
  • 235 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:51 AM

Hey Ladies! thank you for all the compliments! I just got back from the honeymoon last night. I will post more pics one i get them! I actually have no clue what my mom is wearing LOL. All i know is that it is from a shop in winnipeg manitoba called stella's bridal. My mom is still in Jamaica but once she gets back I'll ask her who the designer was.

#2572 JBean

JBean
    • 429 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:55 AM

This is kind of what happened to me as well, no first dress, but first day I found "the one" - and it was 15 months in advance!! I don't regret it though... I still love it and I'm sure you will too!

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl 

ha, my wedding isn't until may next year, and I went out to try on dresses because I had absolutely NO CLUE what I wanted. first stop was david's bridal, and the night before I pulled some photos of dresses I wanted to see specifically. I'm sure you can guess what happened next.

first. freakin. dress. : )

so I spent the past few weeks going to different stores and trying on a other styles I'd seen in magazines, etc because I knew I liked that first one but wanted to see other options, and when I went back to david's last week to try it again... I bought it. >1 year in advance. but it's like I said to my mom when she asked about waiting, "wait for what? what's going to change?" and there are always the resale sites like oncewed in case something comes up.

I'm a little sad it's over, but dress shopping was not the world's easiest process, so there's a sense of relief, too. and then everything starts with the ordering and the altering and the shoes and the accessories - all in all, I think it's a good piece to have early on. : ) 

Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
      Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
      Bride & Groom + 29

#2573 HazelsMelody

HazelsMelody
      • 169 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:26 AM

My dress didn't turn out so bad after all. :o) I felt like a tropical princess all day!

I just picked my dress up!

Don't mind the camera - I couldn't find the timer setting on my camera so I had to do it with the mirror.

I am freaking out! I am having second thoughts with this dress, I almost feel like I don't like it anymore!! It makes me look very bottom heavy. Definitely looks better on the model than on me. But it's too late now. It's done and paid for. It's still pretty, I just don't feel as gorgeous as I thought I would.

Iberostar Varadero
        25 March 2011
        Bride & Groom and kids + 20 booked.

#2574 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
        • 447 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by JLR1726 

thanks! It is an essence of australia dress. its kinda over my budget buuuuut i love it!

I LOVE the first one on you as well! Budget? Isn't everyone over budget on their wedding? LOL

#2575 erinbrooke124

erinbrooke124
          • 282 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:43 PM

Finally had my first dress fitting after trying on my dress last September!  Glad I loved it as much as the first time...although I felt like my hips grew :(  I think my true dress size revealed my true curves lol

208.JPG194.JPG

June 14, 2011 <3
            Photographer:Sascha Gluck
            Hair/Makeup: Fernando Fuentes
            Dress: Blue by Enzoani - Casablanca :: Bridesmaids: Alfred Angelo Pure 7108/7109
            Booked:Bride+Groom+35 Guests

#2576 muzikgrrl

muzikgrrl
            • 193 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by erinbrooke124 

Finally had my first dress fitting after trying on my dress last September!  Glad I loved it as much as the first time...although I felt like my hips grew :(  I think my true dress size revealed my true curves lol

208.JPG194.JPG

What a beautiful dress!

#2577 eholt

eholt
              • 528 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:07 PM

Love this dress!  You look great in it!

208.JPG194.JPG

May 19, 2011
                Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
                Montego Bay, Jamaica
                http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#2578 starrysim

starrysim
                • 349 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:37 PM

Is this the Enzoani blue Casablanca?  I tried it on, it's such a stunning dress!  But the way the corset/boning stopped right above the stomach really didn't look flattering on me.  I think it's also why it's making you look like you have big hips :)  It looks amazing on you, congrats!  

208.JPG194.JPG

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#2579 jamieirene

jamieirene
                  • 650 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:28 AM

Beautiful dress!

#2580 JBean

JBean
                    • 429 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:27 AM

You look amazing Erin!