Photo

Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#2141 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:12 PM

Okay....I will be honest I have been really reluctant to post a picture of the dress I bought because I was afraid if everyone didn't like it. i am going to be brave and post it! I know it looks nothing like a traditional wedding gown (it's a prom dress, actually) but when I put it on it fit my curves perfectly!  We originally only tried on the dress to see what the shape would look like but then i fell in love! :) It's sexy, fun, and dramatic! I can't wait to post pics of me in the dress! And of coarse, I will be detaching the bottom for the reception! :)

dress front.jpgdress back.jpgdress short.jpgdress short back.jpg

#2142 summafool1

summafool1
    • 223 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:31 PM

i think its your day and you should wear whatever you want!! :)

#2143 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
      • 710 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by MDLady 

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Bride2B22 

Hi Ladies!!!

HERE is my dress!! I started looking for dresses in August and tried on 4 dresses at Davids Bridal.....this was my first time even looking at dresses.......i was looking for 4 specific things: Sweetheart neckline, mermaid, vintage looking lace, brings out all the right curves......and i found that in the first dress i tried on! i couldnt believe it. I didn't even go to the store with the intentions of liking anything nevermind falling inlove with it! Here are a few pics of the dress.....pictures do not do it justice!! I LOVE IT! '  and i need ZERO alterations! its like heaven lol

The dress is by Oleg Cassini

1000x500px-LL-bdb109e6_image1.jpeg

1000x500px-LL-67529e93_image3.jpeg

This dress is BEAUTIFUL!!!!  So very classy and flattering on you.  Sexy too!!!  Great choice!

The dress looks fabulous on you!! it can't be anymore perfect than it is, considering that it fits like a glove and you don't need alterations.

#2144 Bride2B22

Bride2B22
        • 677 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:16 PM

Thanks Diamondgirl!!!!

Deannamarie85- that dress is super fun!!!! it's your wedding, and you can wear what you want to lol 

#2145 starrysim

starrysim
          • 349 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:21 PM

Go for it!  That's what's awesome about a DW - you can be as un-traditional as you want (unless of course your mother fights you every step of the non-traditional way like mine is)

Originally Posted by deannamarie85 

Okay....I will be honest I have been really reluctant to post a picture of the dress I bought because I was afraid if everyone didn't like it. i am going to be brave and post it! I know it looks nothing like a traditional wedding gown (it's a prom dress, actually) but when I put it on it fit my curves perfectly!  We originally only tried on the dress to see what the shape would look like but then i fell in love! :) It's sexy, fun, and dramatic! I can't wait to post pics of me in the dress! And of coarse, I will be detaching the bottom for the reception! :)

Attached Files

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#2146 Pucca

Pucca
            • 485 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:25 PM

What a fun dress!!! 

dress front.jpgdress back.jpgdress short.jpgdress short back.jpg

#2147 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
              • 718 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:48 AM

I've been browsing the dresses of brides and BMs. They're all look stunning and gorgeous. 

#2148 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
                • 447 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:11 PM

Thanks to all the ladies for the nice words of encouragement! My mom and future MIL def. fought it in the begining, but my  sister helped to remind me that it is my wedding and I should just go for it if this is what I want. I am going with a birdcage veil and with the flowers I am hoping it will look more "bride-y" :)  This forum is so great!

#2149 Sharon99

Sharon99
                  • 1,301 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:51 AM

deannamarie85 I like it, I think it will look great! This definitely screams destination wedding to me!! If you love it then that's your dress! Who cares what anyone thinks! Its your day! If you feel beautiful in it you will look beautiful!

#2150 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
                    • 447 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:39 AM

Thanks to all the ladies for the nice words of encouragement! My mom and future MIL def. fought it in the begining, but my  sister helped to remind me that it is my wedding and I should just go for it if this is what I want. I am going with a birdcage veil and with the flowers I am hoping it will look more "bride-y" :)  This forum is so great!

Thanks! It felt very tropical to me! I can't wait to see my fiance's face when he sees me in it!

deannamarie85 I like it, I think it will look great! This definitely screams destination wedding to me!! If you love it then that's your dress! Who cares what anyone thinks! Its your day! If you feel beautiful in it you will look beautiful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users