Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#2111 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
  • 349 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:13 AM

Hi Ladies,

I made an appointment at Macy's Bridal salon just to "look" with my mom and it ended up being a truck show, all the new dresses for 2011 were in and for 15% off. Lucky for me, the VP of the company was there and giving me extra special attention. He ended up giving me an extra 5% off (20% off my dress) and gave me all my alterations for half off! I am officially the "Bargain Bride"!!

I'm going to be making some changes to the dress. The neckline will be more sweetheart and the ruffles in the back will sweep into the front of the dress. I'm also going to be added some embellishments to the dress that the seamstress said she will tack on for FREE. I live close to NYC so I'm going to make a day in the garment district and use my company account to buy the trims at wholesale.

3170-Demetrios - Copy.jpgBack of Dress.jpg

#2112 rpingree001

rpingree001
    • 264 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:59 AM

That is gorgeous!!!  And nothing wrong with a bargain bride, especially if you get everything you want! 

Originally Posted by DeAngelis2be 

Hi Ladies,

I made an appointment at Macy's Bridal salon just to "look" with my mom and it ended up being a truck show, all the new dresses for 2011 were in and for 15% off. Lucky for me, the VP of the company was there and giving me extra special attention. He ended up giving me an extra 5% off (20% off my dress) and gave me all my alterations for half off! I am officially the "Bargain Bride"!!

I'm going to be making some changes to the dress. The neckline will be more sweetheart and the ruffles in the back will sweep into the front of the dress. I'm also going to be added some embellishments to the dress that the seamstress said she will tack on for FREE. I live close to NYC so I'm going to make a day in the garment district and use my company account to buy the trims at wholesale.

3170-Demetrios - Copy.jpgBack of Dress.jpg

#2113 JBean

JBean
      • 429 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:01 AM

Ohhh I love this! 

Originally Posted by Bride2B22 

Hi Ladies!!!

HERE is my dress!! I started looking for dresses in August and tried on 4 dresses at Davids Bridal.....this was my first time even looking at dresses.......i was looking for 4 specific things: Sweetheart neckline, mermaid, vintage looking lace, brings out all the right curves......and i found that in the first dress i tried on! i couldnt believe it. I didn't even go to the store with the intentions of liking anything nevermind falling inlove with it! Here are a few pics of the dress.....pictures do not do it justice!! I LOVE IT! '  and i need ZERO alterations! its like heaven lol

The dress is by Oleg Cassini

1000x500px-LL-bdb109e6_image1.jpeg

1000x500px-LL-67529e93_image3.jpeg

Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
        Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
        Bride & Groom + 29

#2114 natalie7

natalie7
        • Site Supporter
        • 298 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:02 PM

Here is my dress.... LOVE!!

41248_Maggie_Sottero_Rhianna_Royale_2.jpg41249_Maggie_Sottero_Rhianna_Royale_15_jpg.jpg41247_Maggie_Sottero_Rhianna_Royale_1.jpg

#2115 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
          • 1,131 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:05 PM

beautiful gowns ladies!!!!!

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
            ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#2116 CanadianLindsey

CanadianLindsey
            • 284 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:23 PM

I hope you post a picture of you wearing it on your wedding day!  It looks beautiful and very detailed!  It will look amazing from every angle!

Originally Posted by natalie7 

Here is my dress.... LOVE!!

41248_Maggie_Sottero_Rhianna_Royale_2.jpg41249_Maggie_Sottero_Rhianna_Royale_15_jpg.jpg41247_Maggie_Sottero_Rhianna_Royale_1.jpg

#2117 natalie7

natalie7
              • Site Supporter
              • 298 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:40 PM

aw .. you are so sweet!! I CANNOT WAIT TO WEAR IT!!! I will definitely post a picture. I cannot wait to do my whole planning thread...

#2118 tris

tris
                • 609 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:46 PM

omg natalie7 that dress is spectacular!! SO PRETTY!!!

Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#2119 natalie7

natalie7
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 298 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:41 PM

Thanks Trista, I wanted something more "destination---y" which is charmeuse or chiffon, but they were all so PLAIN and simple and blah! Something that I would wear to someone elses wedding in a different color.

Do you think this dress is "TOO MUCH" for a beach wedding? That's the only thing I'm afraid of... I guess in the end, it doesn't matter!

#2120 Bride2B22

Bride2B22
                    • 677 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:48 PM

Natalie i think the dress is beautiful! I wouldnt let a "beach wedding" stop you from wearing the dress of your dreams! after all so many brides on here have has beach weddings with beautiful gowns!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users