Photo

Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#1981 roo66

roo66
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:42 AM

Nicky i love your dress.You dreamt about it for so long, another big thing off the list.x

#1982 Brandy

Brandy
    • 2,628 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:19 AM

Yeah, I know Mocha exactly what you mean! I didnt really get that aha moment either I just had this feeling that i had to keep trying dresses on, I had to see what else was out there, and it just made it all more confusing for me, but when I put that one dress back on again, I knew it was the one, it made me feel different then all the other dresses, I didnt have "that moment" but I just knew it made me feel different, not to mention I had to order a dress that day or else I wouldnt get a dress for my wedding, my dress isnt coming in until March!! And thats rush ordered. Getting Married April 2nd and we leave March 30th.

#1983 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
      • 1,917 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:02 AM

Brandy, I told my FI last night about my dress insecurities. He asked if I wanted permission to buy another dress. And reminded me that he didn't care what I wore, I would look beautiful to him and that's what mattered. But I don't want to look blah and I don't feel great in my dress.  I really don't feel like this is the dress that I want to be married in. I've tried on at least 100 dresses and haven't liked any of them. I just felt pressure to buy a dress. Even trying on the dress with the alterations done didn't make me feel any better. The seamstress forgot to move a couple of things, so I have to go back on Monday to pick it up. I just don't know what to do.  I know I don't have time to order a new dress, so I would have to settle for a sample. And I still haven't seen anything I like. 

I guess it doesn't help that we still don't have bridesmaid dresses either! I can't find anything that will look good on my MoH. She is at least a size 16, so it's really tough to find something that doesn't make her look like she's wearing a tent. The one dress that came in an appropriate color I would have had to order in size 22 to fit and it would still require a lot of alterations.

#1984 aholen

aholen
        • Site Supporter
        • 101 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:26 PM

Yay, I finally found a dress! It's darn hard to find a pretty dress that isn't super heavy--I was a little worried I would't find anything that I wouldn't make me melt before I reached the end of the aisle! I finally found a gown made of silk--a bit pricier than I had wanted, but otherwise perfect! I also found a cute little dress for our welcome dinner the night before!

P1010351.JPG

P1010349.JPG

6576_front.jpg

#1985 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
          • 1,917 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:44 PM

aholen - Gorgeous dresses. I love the back of your ceremony gown and the short one is so cute with the detailing.

#1986 JR14

JR14
            • 244 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:07 PM

I absolutely love your gown remdog!!  Please post pictures of you when you get it and I'd be curious to know how the knock-off compared?!?  

Originally Posted by JLR1726 

this is so beautiful. where is it from? does it have a specific designer? fabulous choice!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by remdog 

Here's my dress.  I loved it so much and didn't want to do my TTD in it so I also bought a knock off of the same thing.  

J + R ~ Bristol Buenaventura, Panama ~ 26.May.2011~~ 95 booked (+ bride & groom)

#1987 JR14

JR14
              • 244 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:07 PM

LOVE the back of your dress.... mine is very similar!! ;-)

Originally Posted by aholen 

Yay, I finally found a dress! It's darn hard to find a pretty dress that isn't super heavy--I was a little worried I would't find anything that I wouldn't make me melt before I reached the end of the aisle! I finally found a gown made of silk--a bit pricier than I had wanted, but otherwise perfect! I also found a cute little dress for our welcome dinner the night before!

P1010351.JPG

P1010349.JPG

6576_front.jpg

J + R ~ Bristol Buenaventura, Panama ~ 26.May.2011~~ 95 booked (+ bride & groom)

#1988 wnmrtn8

wnmrtn8
                • 170 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:21 PM

Very pretty dresses. Where did you find your little dress I really like it?

Originally Posted by aholen 

P1010351.JPG

P1010349.JPG

6576_front.jpg

This is the dress I will be wearing for my wedding Mikaella_1406-_Front_t_w300_h400.jpg

#1989 Lindslou

Lindslou
                  • 187 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:40 PM

Wnmrtn8, I love love your dress.  Who made it?

Looking to share a photographer the middle of Feb 2011 in Holguin Cuba

http://tickers.Ticke....35f2/event.png

#1990 ashly87

ashly87
                    • 120 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:56 AM

Here's my dress!  Bonny Essence Style 8008

dress1216.jpegdress1215.jpeg

"I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of stars makes me dream" - Vincent Van Goh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users