• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#1541 jszy10

jszy10
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:15 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Melaina
    Yeah, I'm too chicken to purchase a dress online (heck, I'm even nervous about buying my BM's dresses online!). It was just such a huge eye-opener to see that the same dress was available for the fraction of what I paid. I'd love to see what one of those knock-offs really look like.... Sigh.

I hear you!!! When I knew Maggie would be my designer, I found those low priced dresses and got so excited too!! I had so many people say to me that it wouldn't be what I expected and that this is my wedding dress I was talking about going cheap on...I kind of decided they were right that it wasn't worth it. I am so crazy about my dress!!!!! :o) I'd like to see what they look like too!! You picked a GREAT dress -- It's so wierd that I thought the landis was THE dress for me for awhile, then I started getting the itch that I just felt like it was missing something for me (my style I mean)..I got back on maggies site and fell in love with Leoni and that was that! I called over a dozen salons until one store finally had to order in a 'rental' just to try it on!! I was determined, but it was well worth it! In my case, it was good that I went looking again...even though they say not to!

...and wow, people get bitter on this site!!!

#1542 jszy10

jszy10
    • 1,192 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:16 AM

Crystal, it's beautiful!!!!! I love LOVE the flowers!!!!

#1543 jszy10

jszy10
      • 1,192 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:18 AM

Rachel, Thanks for the tip! I had no clue :oP

and say yes to the dress is still on my DVR too!! I can't stop!! haha

#1544 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
        • Banned
        • 1,034 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:33 AM

Crystal, very nice dress! It is perfect for beach wedding! I love the way it flows, it feels so light.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1545 Melaina

Melaina
          • 139 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:39 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jszy10
            I hear you!!! When I knew Maggie would be my designer, I found those low priced dresses and got so excited too!! I had so many people say to me that it wouldn't be what I expected and that this is my wedding dress I was talking about going cheap on...I kind of decided they were right that it wasn't worth it. I am so crazy about my dress!!!!! :o) I'd like to see what they look like too!! You picked a GREAT dress -- It's so wierd that I thought the landis was THE dress for me for awhile, then I started getting the itch that I just felt like it was missing something for me (my style I mean)..I got back on maggies site and fell in love with Leoni and that was that! I called over a dozen salons until one store finally had to order in a 'rental' just to try it on!! I was determined, but it was well worth it! In my case, it was good that I went looking again...even though they say not to!

...and wow, people get bitter on this site!!!

I love the Leoni :) You can deff tell that they're sister dresses!

#1546 vacationsrthebest

vacationsrthebest
            • 63 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:53 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Lolita29
              I LOVE YOUR DRESS!!!! IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!! What do you mean by it's a test market dress
              Test Market was explained to me as the designer only puts out a couple dresses national wide to see how well they sell and if the designer will mass produce them. I am the only one in my state with this dress :) It's kinda cool to have one that unique.

#1547 jszy10

jszy10
              • 1,192 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by vacationsrthebest
                Test Market was explained to me as the designer only puts out a couple dresses national wide to see how well they sell and if the designer will mass produce them. I am the only one in my state with this dress :) It's kinda cool to have one that unique.

That is really cool!!!!

#1548 Lolita29

Lolita29
                • 426 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:44 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by vacationsrthebest
                  Ooooo, that's really neat. A really like the skirt on the dress!!! It's beautiful and looks great on you

#1549 JennandMike08

JennandMike08
                  • 166 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:45 PM

I had a bad experience with the knock off. I originally wanted a Romona Keveza dress but after seeing the tag of 3k I thought going the knock off route would be good. The dress cost less than $300 but when I got it I didn't like it that much. After leaving it with my mom for two months I got it back and tried it on again and realized how much I hated it. I ended up shopping at the last minute for a dress and ended up with an Alfred Angelo that I loved much better...and the complete opposite of what I thought I wanted. For my body type I really needed to try on the dress to make sure it complimented me. Here's mine:
                    Click the image to open in full size.

#1550 ChicagoPT

ChicagoPT
                    • 307 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:26 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JennandMike08
                      I had a bad experience with the knock off. I originally wanted a Romona Keveza dress but after seeing the tag of 3k I thought going the knock off route would be good. The dress cost less than $300 but when I got it I didn't like it that much. After leaving it with my mom for two months I got it back and tried it on again and realized how much I hated it. I ended up shopping at the last minute for a dress and ended up with an Alfred Angelo that I loved much better...and the complete opposite of what I thought I wanted. For my body type I really needed to try on the dress to make sure it complimented me. Here's mine:
                      Click the image to open in full size.
                      it's gorgeous!!! I love the simplicity of it!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users