8281 replies to this topic

#1461 Ayita

Ayita
  • 861 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:18 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by clgriffi7
    I need help!!!

My anticipated wedding date isn't until November 2011, so it is way early to be looking at dresses. My work does a shutdown over the 4th of July, so I was on vacation this week and couldn't help but dress shop. I hit 3 stores and found a dress I love and it is on sale (15% off). My question to all of you is: should I buy the dress now while it is on sale even though it is 16-17 months before my wedding?
    HELLZ YEAH !!!!! WOW WOW !! get it girl !

#1462 avong1228

avong1228
    • 384 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:35 PM

Wow! Gorgeous!! I agree with the other girls, get it if you love it but you have stop shopping.

#1463 murmel

murmel
      • Resort/Area Ambassadors
      • 1,407 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
      • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=clgriffi7;1355477]I need help!!!

My anticipated wedding date isn't until November 2011, so it is way early to be looking at dresses. My work does a shutdown over the 4th of July, so I was on vacation this week and couldn't help but dress shop. I hit 3 stores and found a dress I love and it is on sale (15% off). My question to all of you is: should I buy the dress now while it is on sale even though it is 16-17 months before my wedding?

Click the image to open in full size.

When you see the one you love, get it! Otherwise next year when you start dress shopping, all you'll be looking for is this one, and you'll never find it again!

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#1464 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
      • Banned
      • 630 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

Thanks for the encouragement ladies! I plan on going and ordering that dress tomorrow.

One more question: Do you think that mermaid with the ruffles will do well for a TTD shoot or should I think of ordering a flowy chiffon/organza knock-off?

Courtney

#1465 TheFutureMrs.Sears

TheFutureMrs.Sears
        • 734 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:09 PM

clgriffi7, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR DRESS!! ITS STUNNING AND LOOKS AMAZING ON YOU!!
          http://global.thekno...rs/tt44496.aspx

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
          http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#1466 tris

tris
          • 609 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:18 PM

[QUOTE=murmel;1356114]
            Quote:
            I need help!!!

When you see the one you love, get it! Otherwise next year when you start dress shopping, all you'll be looking for is this one, and you'll never find it again!
            YES! ... I love it!
            A co-worker is getting married Sept 2011 and she's had her dress for 3 or 4 months already :)
            Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#1467 islandbride317

islandbride317
            • 1,866 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

clgriffi7 -- CONGRATS on deciding to go and get that gorgeous gown, girl!

I think the ruffles are an ADORABLE, totally Mexico-appropriate touch, and it already fits you beautifully (plus it's on sale, too!) = a dress that was totally MEANT for you!

#1468 Boo

Boo
              • 785 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:19 AM

Quote:
                I need help!!!

I am going to try and upload pictures of me in the dress (hopefully it will work - this will be my first attempt at uploading). Sorry for the other bride in the background of the "front" picture. BTW - I am getting married in Mexico, so I thought the ruffles were a nice touch.

Gorgeous dress!

I am wearing a mermaid dress for the day of and have no plans of finding a 2nd dress for TTD session, I figure if this is 'the' dress might as well get as many pictures as possible in it :) but maybe thats just me

#1469 murmel

murmel
                • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                • 1,407 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
                • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:10 AM

Quote:
                Thanks for the encouragement ladies! I plan on going and ordering that dress tomorrow.

One more question: Do you think that mermaid with the ruffles will do well for a TTD shoot or should I think of ordering a flowy chiffon/organza knock-off?

Courtney
                Hi Courtney,

It's a TTD for your wedding dress...not a different dress! I say do it :) Plus most people I have spoken to say that jumping into a pool or the ocean didn't seem to affect the dress at all. Once the TTD is done, just rinse the dress off in the shower and let it dry!
                Hope you got the dress of your dreams! :)

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#1470 michelle2011

michelle2011
                • 1,301 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:26 AM

stunning dress i love it! Beautiful.. i got my dress 16 months before our wedding! I say the same if it's "the one" then go for it :o)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users