Photo

Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#1421 SheriB

SheriB
  • 597 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:30 PM

Yikes! Can't figure out why those are so big and the first one wasn't. I will try to change that...

#1422 abbie32

abbie32
    • 89 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:50 PM

There are so many BEAUTIFUL dresses posted on here! I just started shopping for my wedding dress and I'm going again on Saturday with all of my BM's. I noticed that a few of the dresses look like they would be heavy. Last week I found I was just grabbing a dress and lifting a dress to see how heavy it is before even looking at it. I quickly eliminated half of the store. Is anyone else concerned about how hot they will be? I know it's the most important day of my life and I want to look beautiful but I don't want to be sweating like crazy and uncomfortable all day. I want a dress that I can wear all day and have fun in. Any suggestions on what kind of material I should be looking for that is breathable??

I found one last week that I loved and I was so shocked because it was the complete opposite of what I thought I would want. It was plain and strapless but once I added some jewelery and a headband I was in love. I'm thinking I will have my dress picked out by Saturday night. So excited!!

#1423 pamphilia

pamphilia
      • 362 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:58 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by abbie32
        There are so many BEAUTIFUL dresses posted on here! I just started shopping for my wedding dress and I'm going again on Saturday with all of my BM's. I noticed that a few of the dresses look like they would be heavy. Last week I found I was just grabbing a dress and lifting a dress to see how heavy it is before even looking at it. I quickly eliminated half of the store. Is anyone else concerned about how hot they will be? I know it's the most important day of my life and I want to look beautiful but I don't want to be sweating like crazy and uncomfortable all day. I want a dress that I can wear all day and have fun in. Any suggestions on what kind of material I should be looking for that is breathable??

I found one last week that I loved and I was so shocked because it was the complete opposite of what I thought I would want. It was plain and strapless but once I added some jewelery and a headband I was in love. I'm thinking I will have my dress picked out by Saturday night. So excited!!
        i am also concerned about having a really hot and heavy dess, so i am looking to stick to taffeta or chiffon and stay away from satin. most of the styles i like are taffeta anyhow, so i think i am good to go!

happy shopping!
        ~pam

#1424 sarahrose

sarahrose
        • 77 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:03 PM

I lifted dresses before trying them on. If they were heavy, they were out. I want to look beautiful, first and foremost, but i won't if i'm not comfortable!

#1425 SDSteph

SDSteph
          • 812 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:17 AM

I think this is my dress! It is exactly what I wanted! I booked a flight to shop for dresses in AZ and cant get out of if so who knows what will turn out but as of now this is the one! It is a Bari Jay style 69927. They have some amazing dresses. Cheers

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.
            Click the image to open in full size.
            Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#1426 tris

tris
            • 609 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:56 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by abbie32

I went into shopping thinking that I didn't care if it was heavy or not. I didn't want a ball gown, anyway, I wanted a mermaid style. BUT, after trying a few on and realizing how heavy some of them were to even get into them I totally starting lifting dresses and eliminating them too. Just thinking about how hot it's going to be I can't imagine having to carry around 20 lbs of dress too!

I'm so happy I found mine. It's simple lace, really light, and extremely flattering and beautiful.
              Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#1427 Natie1971

Natie1971
              • 342 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:45 PM

Ladies... your dresses are all so beautiful!!!

I wish I had pictures of my dress to share, but I haven't made it yet. I will be a two piece wedding sarong with scarf top made of white silk charmeuse and turquoise blue slip set underneath. When it is done I will post the pictures.

Natie

#1428 Jennie0521

Jennie0521
                • 48 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:06 PM

I am in love.......Here is my dream dress....I found this beauty on my first dress shopping trip a few weeks ago. Going back to order it in a few weeks....can't wait. As you can tell it is a little to small...can't wait to see it when it comes in, in my size...lol.
                  The Royal PCD - April 28th, 2011

#1429 rach2011

rach2011
                  • 46 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Lindslou
                    Well I have to share, I just bought my dress today. I tried it on last month and it is all that I've been thinking about. No other dress has made me this happy, it truely is the one for me

Casa Blanca Bridal :: Collections
                    Absolutely LOVE your dress! I haven't started shopping for mine yet. I have been looking on websites and looking for designers and after seeing yours I'm definitely including this in my list of prospects. Beautiful!!!!

#1430 rach2011

rach2011
                    • 46 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:22 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by tris
                      I went into shopping thinking that I didn't care if it was heavy or not. I didn't want a ball gown, anyway, I wanted a mermaid style. BUT, after trying a few on and realizing how heavy some of them were to even get into them I totally starting lifting dresses and eliminating them too. Just thinking about how hot it's going to be I can't imagine having to carry around 20 lbs of dress too!

I'm so happy I found mine. It's simple lace, really light, and extremely flattering and beautiful.
                      Do you have a picture? I didn't even think about that, the heaviness of it..hmmm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users