Jump to content
Jennifer

Show us your wedding dress!

Recommended Posts

OK Ladies- I am having a HUGE problem choosing a dress and i thought I would ask for your input... I am between two dresses both Maggie Sottero... The first is the Vanessa- I love it , it looks good on me and it is SOO SOO comfortable ( i feel like I'm in sweatpants in it... i love it) but I have worn SOO many dresses in that same style/shape so everyone who sees it on me is like "its so you" and yes it is "So me" BUT I dont want it to look like everyother dress I've ever worn.... which may be where my problem is...  The other one is the Marion,- To me it feels more bridal, I feel like a real bride, I think it also looks just good as the vanessa but its just not as comfortable... but it isn't something I would typically wear...  So my question- Is it more important to feel comfortable OR to feel bridal?! Should I go with a shape that I tend to gravitate towards for other occasions because it looks good on me and works OR should I go with something that is out of my comfort zone but makes me feel more like a bride?! Either way i havent had that "THIS IS MY DRESS" moment and now I'm thinking I never will... Time is ticking down for me and I Really can't choose... Hopefully you guys can help... I'm so torn I'm considering asking my fiancee but I want him to be surprised... LLLL
I like dress #2, the sweetheart neckline is so flattering. I never had a this is 'the dress' feeling, and I too was tempted to ask my fiancé, I ending up ordering the dress I thought I liked, but couldn't stop thinking about another one. The next day I called the store before the order had been sent out and ordered the dress I couldn't get off my mind. If you don't have a 'this is my dress feeling', go with your gut, it 's always right...even if it's different than all of our favorite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Katryne View Post

 

So here's me in the Gown.. The baby's mine! She's 10 month old and I'm expecting again due 2-3 months before the wedding!

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

I love this dress!!! I love how fluffy the bottom looks and the beading detail on the side is soo flattering!!! You make it look amazing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You look like a princess!!!!  Love love the dress!!!  

Originally Posted by Katryne View Post

So here's me in the Gown.. The baby's mine! She's 10 month old and I'm expecting again due 2-3 months before the wedding!

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by kfarkas26 View Post

 

OK Ladies-

I am having a HUGE problem choosing a dress and i thought I would ask for your input... I am between two dresses both Maggie Sottero...

The first is the Vanessa- I love it , it looks good on me and it is SOO SOO comfortable ( i feel like I'm in sweatpants in it... i love it) but I have worn SOO many dresses in that same style/shape so everyone who sees it on me is like "its so you" and yes it is "So me" BUT I dont want it to look like everyother dress I've ever worn.... which may be where my problem is... 

The other one is the Marion,- To me it feels more bridal, I feel like a real bride, I think it also looks just good as the vanessa but its just not as comfortable... but it isn't something I would typically wear... 

 

So my question- Is it more important to feel comfortable OR to feel bridal?! Should I go with a shape that I tend to gravitate towards for other occasions because it looks good on me and works OR should I go with something that is out of my comfort zone but makes me feel more like a bride?! Either way i havent had that "THIS IS MY DRESS" moment and now I'm thinking I never will... Time is ticking down for me and I Really can't choose... Hopefully you guys can help... I'm so torn I'm considering asking my fiancee but I want him to be surprised...

 

700700

 

Both dresses are beautiful. I'm one of those brides that wanted to be beautiful but also wanted to be comfortable. Comfort was very important to me because I would be wearing the dress for at least 6 hours. If you're really uncomfortable in the second dress I'd say don't get it. I tried on a beautiful dress that was absolutely gorgeous but in the end I knew I would be so tired from being uncomfortable that I wouldn't have thoroughly enjoyed my own wedding despite making me feel like a bride and all; and that was not an option for me! So I looked for something more comfortable and found the "this is it" dress. You can have them alter the first dress into a sweetheart neckline which I think would make it more beautiful and hence a little bit more "different" than what you usually wear. Plus if you're wearing a veil it will make the look different than usual. Having said that, if you're not too thrilled about either of those choices, I'd say keep looking. Maggie Sottero has so many more dresses that have some similarities but might give you that "I love it" feeling. If you keep coming back to either of the two above, then get the dress that keeps popping up in your head. 

 

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This dress is absolutley stunning!!!

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 View Post

Ladies... I am super excited to announce I finally found my wedding dress!! cheer2.gif

Hopefully my fiance wont get on here for a sneak peak. :o( But I am too excited to not share you all of you!! :o)

 

I am going to have the flower removed from the top of the dress and make it into a clip for my hair. :o)

Sorry for the blurriness.

1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOVE the sparkle belt!! Congrats!!

 

Originally Posted by heather1214 View Post

My dress came in last week and I was finally able to try it on this week!  I'm so excited, I don't need ANY alterations!!! It's the perfect length in front and I'm not doing anything to the train. One more thing checked off the list!! cheer2.gif

 

 

400

 

 

400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all. You should LOVE your dress. You may not have a tearjerking experience, I didn't, but you should without a doubt be in LOVE with your dress. That being said I say dress #1 and here's why. I've personally tried on dress #2 and I also loved it but my concern was that with the slightest ocean breeze that the slit in front may open wider than I wanted. Don't get me wrong I want to give my new husband a lil show but that comes later in privacy and not on the beach during our ceremony. Whatever you choose make sure you LOVE it and not just putting up with a dress. Best of luck to you and you better let us know what you end up doing!

 

 

Originally Posted by kfarkas26 View Post

OK Ladies-

I am having a HUGE problem choosing a dress and i thought I would ask for your input... I am between two dresses both Maggie Sottero...

The first is the Vanessa- I love it , it looks good on me and it is SOO SOO comfortable ( i feel like I'm in sweatpants in it... i love it) but I have worn SOO many dresses in that same style/shape so everyone who sees it on me is like "its so you" and yes it is "So me" BUT I dont want it to look like everyother dress I've ever worn.... which may be where my problem is... 

The other one is the Marion,- To me it feels more bridal, I feel like a real bride, I think it also looks just good as the vanessa but its just not as comfortable... but it isn't something I would typically wear... 


So my question- Is it more important to feel comfortable OR to feel bridal?! Should I go with a shape that I tend to gravitate towards for other occasions because it looks good on me and works OR should I go with something that is out of my comfort zone but makes me feel more like a bride?! Either way i havent had that "THIS IS MY DRESS" moment and now I'm thinking I never will... Time is ticking down for me and I Really can't choose... Hopefully you guys can help... I'm so torn I'm considering asking my fiancee but I want him to be surprised...

 

700700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so thrilled to have finally found my dress! I fell in love with Allure 8859 before even trying it on. I tried it on as my first gown out of 7 that I picked and no other dressed made me feel as giddy as this one. I'm so relieved to finally have a better picture of what I will look like on our wedding day. The best part is that it will arrive in 2 weeks! Here's a pic of the dress, as soon as mine comes in I will post pictures woot.gif

 

 

700

 

700

 

 

700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finding the dress has been the most fun thing in this whole process! Congrats to you!!

 

 

Originally Posted by Tink View Post

I'm so thrilled to have finally found my dress! I fell in love with Allure 8859 before even trying it on. I tried it on as my first gown out of 7 that I picked and no other dressed made me feel as giddy as this one. I'm so relieved to finally have a better picture of what I will look like on our wedding day. The best part is that it will arrive in 2 weeks! Here's a pic of the dress, as soon as mine comes in I will post pictures woot.gif

 

 

700

 

700

 

 

700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
  • Topics

×