Jennifer

Show us your wedding dress!

@Trace2013: Whoo hoo!  Yay for gorgeous, frugal wedding dresses.  Honestly, whether a dress is a "wedding gown" or a "bridesmaid's dress" or even just a normal white dress all comes down to what the retailers put on the label.  A lot of places will actually charge more for the EXACT SAME DRESS in white than in other colors, because they know women are willing to pay so much more for their wedding gown.  Your dress is simple and stunning, and everyone who sees you in it is going to think "bride" because guess what... you're going to be the bride!

Originally Posted by Trace2013 View Post

Hi girls!

Like many of you, I've been looking for something really simple and "flowy" without a train that would work for our beach destination wedding without having to blow the budget spending upwards of $1500 on the dress. Although they are beautiful, I'd much rather have that cash in my budget for something else than on my back all night.

When I was in the bridal shop and explaining what I wanted the sales girl were SO helpful and said "you know, that exact dress you are describing sounds a lot like one of the bridesmaid dresses we have..." I didn't want to be rude so I thought, why not? and tried it on... well. it was PERFECT! And available in white and the best part? $260!!!!!! So... Just wanted to give you ladies a heads up if you're looking for something a bit more simple and are on a budget, most bridesmaid dresses come in white and the cost savings speak for themselves! What do you guys think?? Does it look "bridesmaidy"? I haven't bought it yet, but I think its the one..  I might add a belt for the reception to glitz it up a bit but its sooo what I wanted and Im so happy! Hopefully you can see the link..

white.jpg

This is beautiful.  It is perfect for the beach.

Hey Everyone,

I don't have the pictures back yet from my photographers, but I attached some of the pics I do have.  I was unsure about my dress at first, but loved it!  It was perfect!  The train was really long and got dirty, but the resort made it like new.  I thought it looked so pretty and classy being long!  The photographers had me holding parts up and it was flowing in the wind.  Anyway, thought I would share a few pics.  I don't have a ton, so I tried with what I have...

528430_3777034537590_401690720_n.jpg

599496_4389369336658_1523798996_n.jpg

402891_4389364256531_60684945_n.jpg

547548_4389407177604_887049077_n.jpg

Originally Posted by lianne View Post

No way that's awesome!  Are you happy with the quality? 

Yes, I am.  There are little things that I have noticed, but no one else will.  I am really happy with the end product. 

Trace2013, other brides have also purchased bridesmaid dresses in white or ivory and have loved them.  I think this is lovely and you cannot tell at all that it is a bridesmaid dress.  You sound really excited and happy so I think you found the one.  Do not let the fact that it is technically called a "bridesmaid dress" rather than a "wedding gown" bother you one bit.  If you want to bling it up with a belt, then go for it!  Good luck and so happy you found your dress!  cheer2.gif

Hi girls!

Like many of you, I've been looking for something really simple and "flowy" without a train that would work for our beach destination wedding without having to blow the budget spending upwards of $1500 on the dress. Although they are beautiful, I'd much rather have that cash in my budget for something else than on my back all night.

When I was in the bridal shop and explaining what I wanted the sales girl were SO helpful and said "you know, that exact dress you are describing sounds a lot like one of the bridesmaid dresses we have..." I didn't want to be rude so I thought, why not? and tried it on... well. it was PERFECT! And available in white and the best part? $260!!!!!! So... Just wanted to give you ladies a heads up if you're looking for something a bit more simple and are on a budget, most bridesmaid dresses come in white and the cost savings speak for themselves! What do you guys think?? Does it look "bridesmaidy"? I haven't bought it yet, but I think its the one..  I might add a belt for the reception to glitz it up a bit but its sooo what I wanted and Im so happy! Hopefully you can see the link..

white.jpg

That is a beautiful dress and your pictures are amazing! Congrats!

Originally Posted by Shaecollins View Post

I posted some pics from one of my fittings a few months ago.  Here are a few pics from the professional! 

image-521.jpg

image-266.jpg

image-604.jpg

Hi girls! Like many of you, I've been looking for something really simple and "flowy" without a train that would work for our beach destination wedding without having to blow the budget spending upwards of $1500 on the dress. Although they are beautiful, I'd much rather have that cash in my budget for something else than on my back all night. When I was in the bridal shop and explaining what I wanted the sales girl were SO helpful and said "you know, that exact dress you are describing sounds a lot like one of the bridesmaid dresses we have..." I didn't want to be rude so I thought, why not? and tried it on... well. it was PERFECT! And available in white and the best part? $260!!!!!! So... Just wanted to give you ladies a heads up if you're looking for something a bit more simple and are on a budget, most bridesmaid dresses come in white and the cost savings speak for themselves! What do you guys think?? Does it look "bridesmaidy"? I haven't bought it yet, but I think its the one..  I might add a belt for the reception to glitz it up a bit but its sooo what I wanted and Im so happy! Hopefully you can see the link.. 300x450px-LL-8c68853c_white.jpeg
Gorgeous! Totally can't tell it's a bridesmaid dress! And yay!!! Another Winnipeg bride! I think there's a few of us on here

I LOVE this dress! Great choice. It will definitely be light and airy. A belt might be hard to add since it's not a straight waistline, but I think a glitzy headband in your updo would be gorgeous! Add some jewlery and a veil....you'll never be able to tell this was a bridesmaid's dress.

Hi girls!

white.jpg