Show us your wedding dress!

I posted my dress in here earlier, but I have updated pics from my dress fitting. I go back on Saturday for my final fitting. Hopefully the length will be right, because we leave next Wednesday!!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2dd33b3127cceffcd559cffd500000030O00AYtW7Nu4ZN2IPbz4C/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2dd33b3127cceffcd34a4bf4500000030O00AYtW7Nu4ZN2IPbz4C/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

I just know I can be very picky and change my mind a ton of times.. lol.. But I have found that there are sooo many different styles that I don't know which I like the best, especially on me. So far I have started at Davids Bridal. I have visited 2 of them and fell in love wih one dress, but once I got home and looked at the pictures I didn't care for it so much. (I take pictures of every dress I try on, because after all, once the wedding is over all we will have is our memories and tons of pictures.)

I'm going to start going to some boutiques in Atlanta, GA (Where my fiance is from) It's just a fun experience getting to be a bride and have all the attention of getting to try on pretty dresses. Also, after trying on dresses the past couple of times, I am determined to get in shape and be in a size 6 wedding dress and look good in a bikini. lol.. It just gives me more motivation. :o)

Originally Posted by Peach View Post

You are not getting married until 2013 summer and you have tried on that many? I wonder if I should start. I was going to in this summer, but thought that might even be too early.

Have you had an okay experience so far, despite not finding the dress?

we're dress twins!! : ) I bought that one almost a year ago and thought I got a killer deal at $349.99. just watch out for the alterations cost. the skirt has three layers (e.g. THREE HEMS), but it's a whole new look once it's shorter. it really brings out the front pleating detail (I just came from alterations - can you tell?! ; ) try to shop around. the first place quoted me $180, David's said anywhere from $90 - $120, and I went to an independent woman and finally settled with her at $125. I wanted to keep the train so convinced her to hem just the front of the dress, even though she didn't like the 'points' created by not hemming the train proportionally.

that's actually an important issue for all brides who are currently dress shopping. be sure to think of the potential alteration cost when you're choosing your dress. $250 - $500 is not unheard of, regardless of the price of the dress. and if it has lace/beading detail, the price only goes up. like the ring, the dress is the first piece of a very elaborate puzzle including veil, shoes, undergarments, hairpieces, belts, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, ALTERATIONS, etc. if your max budget is $1,500, you may want to drop the dress cost to $1,000 to make room for everything else. just something I wish I'd been aware of earlier on in the process.

happy shopping, and great choice, oneill!! ; )

Originally Posted by ONEILL12 View Post

066.JPG065.JPG

I purchased my dress yesterday at David's Bridal. It was the first dress I tried on and I fell in love with it! I saw it online before going into the store and wasn't too impressed,  but I think the model wearing it and the setting of the picture gave it a different feel. It's very light-weight and comfortable and great for a beach wedding. I'm not going to wear a veil, maybe just a flower in my hair. The dress does have a train that you can't see well in the pictures. The best part was a sale price of $250!!

Alright, I need some help in a moment of panic.

I bought my dress back in September and it just came in so I went to try it on. I really like it, I just see so many flowy, plain dresses that I like and feel like would suit me better. What do you guys think? Is this dress too formal/got too much going on for a beach wedding? I only tried on a few dresses before buying this one, so maybe I'm just freaking out now that the wedding's closer and I haven't yet lost those 15lbs I was planning on dropping :)

dress.JPG

This dress is beautiful on you!  It's your wedding, there is no such thing as too formal when it comes to your wedding dress!!!!

That being said, if you REALLY feel like this dress isn't the one, keep looking. You shouldn't have any doubts on your wedding day.

I do think it is stunning though! I'm not sure where you're going to lose the 15lbs because you look great!

Originally Posted by kristinalilly View Post

I bought my dress back in September and it just came in so I went to try it on. I really like it, I just see so many flowy, plain dresses that I like and feel like would suit me better. What do you guys think? Is this dress too formal/got too much going on for a beach wedding? I only tried on a few dresses before buying this one, so maybe I'm just freaking out now that the wedding's closer and I haven't yet lost those 15lbs I was planning on dropping :)

dress.JPG

i LOVE your dress. I wish I had tried it on..you are going to look great! Even if you dont lose the weight..you still look skinny minny!!

dress.JPG

I absolutely LOVE this dress on you!!! This was one of my top 3 when I was dress hunting. I think it's absolutely gorgeous for a beach wedding!! If you feel it's your dress then it doesn't matter how big or formal it may be as long as you love it. I've got a fairly poofy dress for our beach wedding and I wouldn't have it any other way, even if I happen to melt on the big day LOL!

dress.JPG

After looking on this thread for a year, I'm so excited to finally put my dress on here!:)  The style was NOTHING like I had imagined wearing on my day, but I fell in love with the belt/flower combination.  It was a perfect fit for me!

487.jpg233.jpg601.jpg