Show us your wedding dress!

I found my dress! Here it is: MaggieSottero.com - Monterey - Dress Detail

When I first started on this dress search I was hesitant about that "feeling" that everyones talks about when they find the dress. But lo and behold... I sort of had it. Does that make sense? We went in for the appt and it was the only place that I was completely unorganized (I had no "notes") for and had no idea what dress makers they carried and whatnot. I sort of was like eh whatever we'll check the place out.

I tell my attendant what styles I have liked so far and that it's in Mexico and she just starts pulling stuff. I try on the first few and loved, loved these grecian type ones real flowy and was like 90% sure that was the dress and then she says i just want to see one more- and I put the dress on and it wasn't magical but my mom and sis as I come out mouth "Oh that's the dress" it was really weird cause I look in the mirror and was like all confused. It wasn't what I imagined- but I love it! Of course my mom was all teary too, but she had been a few other times too. This time though she was on the phone with my dad in like 5 minutes flat telling him we found it. :) cute.

So maybe that's the feeling? A mixture of happy, amazed, confused and teary?! It was funny. Then I just kept saying "I love it" over and over again. Then i hung out staring at myself for like 15 minutes in it while we ordered it and talked about stuff. The whole thing was surreal. I'm happy to check this off my list!

So I went to my first bridal salon today and found a really great dress. It's over my budget by $1,000, but hey, what's a thousand more when you're spending so much already? : ) yikes. We'll see... I'm going to a couple more boutique this week.

So, here is the one I really like. Augusta Jones "Anushka"

Augusta Jones

Another one I like but they didn't have it in the store, so I might have to order it to try on. Augusta Jones "Kenzie"

Augusta Jones

This one was fun but it didn't feel like a wedding dress. I loved it though!

Modern Trouseau :::: Bridal Gowns & Accessories, Mother of the Occasion dresses

"Keira" dress from the 2008 Fall Collection

Alright girls, it's my turn (finally!!). I managed to find THE dress yesterday. I can't tell you all how happy I am. I thought I'd never find what I was looking for ... until I ventured out onto our city's best-known street for wedding dresses/party dresses etc. And there happened to be a ginormous sidewalk sale! As I was walking into one of the bridal stores, I spotted this dress on a manequin on an outside table and said to my Mum, "You NEED to get them to take that off the manequin and let me try it on!).

So, they did ... and it was a PERFECT fit (well, it needs some adjusting in the boob area and the length, of course) but the general fit is just perfection. It was the last one of that model and the price was phenomenal. So, I took it yesterday and it's currently in my closet at home!!!!!!!

As soon as I got home I had to put it back on and my Mum took some pictures (away from my fiance's prying eyes) ... please forgive the photog skills, my mother is not the best. LOL

This is the lace detail:

Click the image to open in full size.

I know this one is blurry, but at least you can see the shape of the dress and the fit on the body:

This is the top ... please forgive my ratty red nails and you can ALMOST see my trinity engagement ring ... hehehe

And here's the whole thing!

I'm going to have the lining removed from underneath the train, so it's just the lace behind me ... :)

Another odd picture from my mother that made my ass look huge. LOL She was lying on the floor for some odd reason ... :-p

And here it is straight on - you can tell in this one I need the boob area adjusted, and the length obviously!!! I'm quite short!!

The dress is by Mori Lee ... and I tried to find a picture of it on a model online, but I don't know the model number ... and it's on on their website.

Anyways, thanks girls for posting all your lovely dresses, it really helped me decide on the style I wanted!!! :)

Yes, I bought it at Mon Amie (was so mad to get home and see my dress in on of their adds....). How did you come accross Mon Amie? You are in WI right? Love the selection, but the service is less than desirable (except for the last girl I got, Sarah W. she was fantastic and helpful)!

I live in Mpls. My little sister lives in Santa Monica so I flew out my mom for mothers day... there were a few designers that I couldn't find in MN.

I worked with Caitlyn, super nice... but there was some pushy accessories lady and the manager was ok, kind of bossy... and as you can see the sample dress is a little tight (I've already lost 9 lbs, yeeaa!) but it zipped up... and she ordered me a dress 3 times bigger... hmmm, will be interesting. I tried to tell her that I won't be coming there for altrations, but she wasn't having it!

I bought my dress yesterday! I was strating to not believe that I would get "that feeling" but as soon as I put this dress on I did!!!! Here is the picture of the dress off the website. It is so beautiful! The dress is light and comfortable and I think it is going to look great on the beach!!! My sister has the pictures of me in it and she has not sent them to me yet! I will post as soon as I get them.

MaggieSottero.com - Ireland - Dress Detail

Brandie