Show us your wedding dress!

My kids are very critical (takes after their dad). First they don't even want me to renew my vows on the cruise...since it is a Disney Cruise they feel that is should be "fun". Second they feel that since I had a first wedding even though it was in a court house they feel that I shouldn't have a big beautiful dress and it should be a sundress of some sort. I want that Wedding and this is my dream come true. I am not even having them stand next to me. My best friend and cousin are my Matron of Honors and my little granddaughters are my flower girls. My feeling is if they don't like it then they don't get a free cruise.
So sorry to hear that just awful. You have every right to have whatever wedding you want don't let them ruin your day. I agree with the other ladies you look like a princess! ! Beautiful

My dress came in yesterday, I ordered it small intentionally, 2 sizes. The stored measured me and was sure it'd be easy to make it fit since the smaller size fit my bust and hip measurements, just not my waist. So I pick it up today and this younger girl is there and insists I put it on, I'm like no thanks, it doesn't fit yet, but she insisted so I put it on. WOW was she a jerk, "ohhhh wow, you ordered it quite a few sizes too small didn't you?" No... Just two. "I don't know WHAT you're going to do.. I would have NEVER suggested you buy a dress that size" Okay, for one, your sales lady had no doubt it would work. For two are you KIDDING ME? I'm picking up my weddin dress and I have NEVER felt so embarrassed. She made a huge deal about it in the middle if the store, my sister was there and she wa SHOCKED how rude this girl was. I started to tear up as I paid for it, a different girl took my money so I told her what happened. The manager called me to apologize... But I'm sure nowhere near ready to post pics now. I'm so disappointed that girl ruined what should have been very exciting.
She had no right to voice her nasty personal opinions. .she should be fired.probably a jealous b*#@!.. that's awful for you to go through. I hope you don't let that ruin your feelings of uour dress..you should make it well known of the type of services you received there. Find someone else for your alterations

Thanks ladies, I appreciate the support :) She really is in the wrong line of work. I'm taking this and just adding it to my list of motivating reasons to work out hard. I'm for sure not going to them for alterations, but I plan to go back and show her how wrong she was in a few months.

Originally Posted by TealMarie View Post

I really hope it all works out for you. Is it too late to take it to an independent seamstress? She might be more willing to actually do what you ask and work hard to keep you as a return customer.

I've heard about some places putting off ordering your dress (ie: keeping the money from your deposit to buy more dresses for their store and ordering yours later on) or putting off doing alterations because your wedding isn't until such and such a date. Because of this whenever I had appointments I told them my wedding was a month earlier so that I got everything done in more than enough time. It was funny to see my Mom's reaction the first time I said the wrong date to the lady. She looked like I had two heads!

Im nervous to look into a seamstress just because I am not from here and really would just have to yelp it. Atleast if they mess up i can be like WELLLLLL you owe me a dress. 

I did tell them my wedding was a week earlier than when we are leaving on the plane :) But didnt seem to help too much. Hopefully the process is just something that is way easier than I think it to be and they can get it done quick!! Thanks for the reply!

also my dress is : Casablanca 2066. looks totally different on the model than it does on me.

that ENZOANI HEATHER dress posted a few pages back is gorgeous. reminds me of mine.. i love it. i was between mine & enzoani fernanda or something like that.... enzoani makes gorgeous dresses

Originally Posted by EmilyT View Post

hey ladies, i was on here so often in the past that i felt like i should share my slideshow with you for full view of my dress that i kept posting pictures of LOL

also a few brides asked about my hair so this will let you see it clearer ;)

Not gunna lie.. I just watched that video TWICE! haha Everything about your wedding was gorgeous!! It just got me so excited to be in Cancun in 29 days!!! Congrats to you and your hubby!

Originally Posted by EmilyT View Post

hey ladies, i was on here so often in the past that i felt like i should share my slideshow with you for full view of my dress that i kept posting pictures of LOL

also a few brides asked about my hair so this will let you see it clearer ;)

You looked so beautiful!!! I love your dress.  Mine is a similar fit so I am hoping I look like that!