Show us your wedding dress!

Absolutely Gorgeous....Love it!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 View Post

So I officially cheated on my dress, and quite frankly, Iâ€m happy I did.  Long story short I was watching an episode of SYTTD with my Fi and my dress happened to be featured (no he didnâ€t know).  He tends to freely voice his opinions about the dresses in the show and my dress was no exception… “Thatâ€s an interesting dress, but it doesnâ€t look suitable for a wedding.  If it wasnâ€t white you wouldnâ€t know it was a wedding dressâ€.  You know what, he was right.  While I love every detail of my dress and think it reflects my personality to a ‘T†it never gave me a bridal feeling which is a pretty important factor to overlook.  And after having this conversation and trying my dress on again I knew I couldnâ€t were it on our wedding day.  Any-who, hereâ€s dress #2, not sure about the veil or the sash, but the dress is a definite keeper…

Elissae - with the sash, and either sewn or the bow. I love, LOVE the dress, but the sash just adds a wonderful pop, and accentuates your waist.

ChocoTaco - ohhhh how I love the new dress! it's phenomenal on you!! and how did you get your FI to watch SYTTD?? Mine makes fun of me for "still" watching it even though I bought my dress about a year ago lol He asked the other day if I'd still watch SYTTD after our wedding. uhm, YEAH! goofy boys...

DazeyDawl - your dress, WOW. I love it on you!!

So many other gorgeous dresses too -I'm so behind in commenting, but know that you all look FABULOUS!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllieH 

ChocoTaco - ohhhh how I love the new dress! it's phenomenal on you!! and how did you get your FI to watch SYTTD?? Mine makes fun of me for "still" watching it even though I bought my dress about a year ago lol He asked the other day if I'd still watch SYTTD after our wedding. uhm, YEAH! goofy boys...

Thanks Allie! Oddly enough, Justin has periodically watched SYTTD with me even prior to the engagement, so he should know that I plan on watching it after the wedding too. 

Originally Posted by Tulumbride2013 View Post

Ellisae

I think this dress looks gorgeous on you! No need for doubts. Pretty sure this was made for you. As for the sash, I think the dress needs it. It really dresses up and adds that bling which I personally love. Although, with out it, it still looks stunning! Your options are open!

Thank you Tulumbride2013 ~ I love the bling myself...I think you are right - the dress needs it!!

Originally Posted by uhura526 View Post

absolutely this dress was made for you! It looks stunning on you and also agree that you should keep the bow. It is a wonderful accent to the dress and looks naked without it IMHO.  Congrats on finding the perfect gown!

You are so sweet uhura526 - thank you...you girls are starting to boost my confidence again....so you like the bow?  I am thinking maybe keep it....the dress zips up the back - no buttons so I am bot hiding anything as far as detail.....just a bit if lace is all....

Quote:

Iâ€m sorry that trying your dress on again didnâ€t evoke the feelings that you anticipated, but rest assured this dress is gorgeous and you look fantastic in it.

Regarding the sash, Iâ€ve also contemplated whether I should wear one and if I should sew or tie it on.  I also have a lace mermaid and maybe my thought process will help a bit.  I think in most cases a sash helps to define the waist  and can really enhance the overall silhouette, especially with mermaids.  I know that many think that lace is beautiful on its on (which it is) and doesnâ€t need the help of a blinged-out sash, but I think of them as the icing on the cake. If there is no other bling on the dress, it can help to jazz it up a bit and itâ€s a detail that really makes the dress yours.  So I vote for the sash. 

I havenâ€t decided whether I will so sew or tie my sash, but Iâ€m leaning towards sewing.  I have a button closure down the back of the bodice and I love buttons, they were a dress requirement for me.  I donâ€t want the tied sash to take away from my buttons - I canâ€t tell if your dress has buttons, but I know many Palomas do. With that said, I am looking for embellishment that will wrap all the way around my waist.  But if I canâ€t find one in my budget that I like, then I will go with a tied sash.  Dependent on the length, I think it may look odd to have the embellishment just “floating†on the dress.   I also agree with your friend that the tied sash adds a romantic touch, but I feel that Iâ€m already achieving that with the lace

ChocoTaco7568 ~ aww thank you...I was sad that I did not have same reaction, but I am going to follow my gut (which never steers me wrong) and tell myself I made the right decision.  Also - all you ladies and your comments are making me feel more confident with my choice.  As far as the sash - I like the way you perceive it.  You are right - it will enhance the silhouette with the mermaid....it's funny that you mentioned that many think lace is beautiful on its own...I think in my case it's a generational thing because my Mom & Nanny are the ones loving the lace...no sash....  As far as your new dress - I love the sash and I think yes - sew it on so as to not hide the button detail on the back....my dress is a zipper up the back - no buttons - so perhaps I keep the bow, however, shorten the length of it.....

Originally Posted by brgephar View Post

I like the bling and bow! It's very pretty without but I like the little "something extra" the belt gives it!

Agreed brgephar!  Thank you so much for your input - it means a lot!

Originally Posted by CourtandMatt View Post

You look STUNNING!  I love that dress on you!  I say bring the belt with you to the wedding and you can decide then.  The dress looks beautiful both ways, but at least if you don't sew it in you can decide later whether to use it or not.  Plus, I think the ribbon in the back is pretty!!  

GORGEOUS!!

Awww, thanks CourtandMatt!!!!!  I think the belt will be a keeper - perhaps shorten the bow in back a bit.....I also received a free veil (promotion when I ordered dress).  I am not wearing it for the ceremony, however, I decided to bring to Mexico to get a few pictures with it....

Originally Posted by pokeyholly View Post

You look so gorgeous!! That dress is perfect on you. I definitely love it with the sash ;) And the bow is really pretty at the back.

Thanks pokeyholly!!!!  IYou are so kind!  I think the consensus is belt/bow.  I appreciate your input!!!!!

Originally Posted by AndreaandAaron View Post

Such a beautiful dress!  I love the sash- gives it some extra sparkle and accentuates your tiny waist!  I can't tell if the back of the dress has little buttons, if so, I'd say maybe skip the bow.... buttons all the way down look so elegant and timeless.

Either way, you look gorgeous!

Hi AndreaandAaron - thank you so much!  The back of the dress zips up - no buttons.  I agree with your thoughts about the buttons - all the way down do look so elegant & timeless!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lianne View Post

I absolutely LOVE this dress and I'm so jealous that I didn't see this dress before I got mine.  LOVE!!!! and I like the sash too.  

Lianne - you are too kind!!!!!  Thanks so much - really, all you ladies are SO FABULOUS!

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

Elissae - with the sash, and either sewn or the bow. I love, LOVE the dress, but the sash just adds a wonderful pop, and accentuates your waist.

Thanks abunch AllieH!!!! - the sash it is!!!!!  You all made this so easy!!!!!  I knew I could count on you all!!!  xoxo

DazeyDawl - your dress, WOW. I love it on you!!

So many other gorgeous dresses too -I'm so behind in commenting, but know that you all look FABULOUS!

Originally Posted by elissae View Post

Well my dress arrived last week!  I went to the bridal shop Saturday to inspect, try it on and pay off the balance.  I ordered it 9 months ago and was about 5 lbs lighter (maybe a few inches less, too!).  When they measured me back in January, they wanted to order me the size 10.  I asked to order a size 12 instead since I know coming off the summer I am a bit heavier and would rather have more to work with then not enough as far as alterations go.  Thank goodness I did because the size 12 fit almost perfectly, a little bit too snug for my comfort, but I am not use to wearing form fitting dresses/gowns like this.  And I know I hope to lose those 5 lbs and a few inches between now and the wedding.  There will be a few alterations needed, like perhaps an inch on the hem and an eyelet hook on the back which ironically once was not sewn into the dress.

I gotta say I have been so happy about my dress choice all these months, but ironically this past Saturday I had some doubt...I was even a tiny bit sad.  I have no clue what came over me...hours later I felt better about my choice after looking at the pics, but that initial thought of doubt scared me.  Maybe it was just all the excitement and build up to that day...who knows!  I just wish that did not happen initially.  :-(

I had ordered an accessory belt to bling up the dress a bit.  I was planning to tie as a bow in the back and not sew/attach to the dress.  However, now I am unsure.  My Mom & Nanny seem to think the dress alone, without the belt, is the way to go.  Mom thought the bow took away from the beauty of the back of the dress.  My best friend thought the bling of the belt was "me" and perhaps sew the belt onto the dress, bling in front, however, no bow in back, just sew the ribbon to back of dress to the center zipper.

My other girlfriend thought the bow in the back was simple and romantic.  Now I am on the fence.  I was looking to have the belt and match my jewelry with it.  Just some hanging earrings and a bracelet (no necklace since I'd have the bling of the belt).  Also, no veil, just a tropical flower in my hair.

I would love any input you ladies may have.  Here are pics from Saturday with and without the belt/bow.  Thanks girls! xoxo

I have to tell you- I have never seen your dress but see your comments on other ladies dresses and you are so complimentary and sweet. Now its our turn to allay your fears. Your dress is gorgeous and fits you very nicely. I love that there are different fabrics at play. It's really just a matter of taste. Some people like a classic chic look, some people like a little wow factor. My comment is coming from group B. I think it looks great with the sash and I agree with your friend. The bow gives it a soft, whimsical feel, while the bling in front gives it a little something extra. You really cant go wrong- because both looks are beautiful. It's about what you feel great in. It's tough when there are other people with you to react and there are conflicting opinions. But honestly, honestly- I love the dress either way. If you took away the sash- would you add a hair accessory or veil and jewelry? Maybe seeing it with those things would change your mind about wanting the sash. There are other ways to add bling and wow factor if you are concerned the belt is detracting from the elegant beauty of the dress.

I haven't had my first fitting. I didn't really need alterations because on the size chart, my proportions fit perfectly within one of the sizes, so they just ordered it. But when I did the inspection (no trying on) I had the same feeling you're talking about. I felt regret. The dress didn't look the way I had the picture in my head. And I almost cried. And my mother saw it written all over my face. I'm sure I'll struggle through my next few appointments. I think brides feel that way because of the pressure to be perfect. I know the day of your wedding you will not feel an ounce of regret- and neither will I. Everything is going to be fine! You have a fantastic dress, a great figure, and you're marrying your great love. In other news- you have one of the largest guest counts I have seen lol I had hoped for that many guests but we have just a small tally. In my opinion- you're all set for a fabulous day!thewave.gif

Well my dress arrived last week!  I went to the bridal shop Saturday to inspect, try it on and pay off the balance.  I ordered it 9 months ago and was about 5 lbs lighter (maybe a few inches less, too!).  When they measured me back in January, they wanted to order me the size 10.  I asked to order a size 12 instead since I know coming off the summer I am a bit heavier and would rather have more to work with then not enough as far as alterations go.  Thank goodness I did because the size 12 fit almost perfectly, a little bit too snug for my comfort, but I am not use to wearing form fitting dresses/gowns like this.  And I know I hope to lose those 5 lbs and a few inches between now and the wedding.  There will be a few alterations needed, like perhaps an inch on the hem and an eyelet hook on the back which ironically once was not sewn into the dress. I gotta say I have been so happy about my dress choice all these months, but ironically this past Saturday I had some doubt...I was even a tiny bit sad.  I have no clue what came over me...hours later I felt better about my choice after looking at the pics, but that initial thought of doubt scared me.  Maybe it was just all the excitement and build up to that day...who knows!  I just wish that did not happen initially.  :-( I had ordered an accessory belt to bling up the dress a bit.  I was planning to tie as a bow in the back and not sew/attach to the dress.  However, now I am unsure.  My Mom & Nanny seem to think the dress alone, without the belt, is the way to go.  Mom thought the bow took away from the beauty of the back of the dress.  My best friend thought the bling of the belt was "me" and perhaps sew the belt onto the dress, bling in front, however, no bow in back, just sew the ribbon to back of dress to the center zipper. My other girlfriend thought the bow in the back was simple and romantic.  Now I am on the fence.   I was looking to have the belt and match my jewelry with it.  Just some hanging earrings and a bracelet (no necklace since I'd have the bling of the belt).  Also, no veil, just a tropical flower in my hair. I would love any input you ladies may have.  Here are pics from Saturday with and without the belt/bow.  Thanks girls! xoxo LLLL LL LLLL
The dress looks so stunning on you, I love it! As for the belt, I deffinately like it with the belt.... :)

Originally Posted by melnryluvco View Post

Sooo elegant and beautiful!!! Congrats

Originally Posted by chantal09 View Post

What a beautiful and detailed dress! Congrats!

Originally Posted by elissae View Post

What a pretty dress - you look very elegant - great choice! CONGRATS!

Dazeydawl - EXQUISITE - first dress I've ever seen like this - MAGICAL! Congrats!

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 View Post

Yay, so happy for you and I'm glad your dress met all of your expectations. It's beautiful and fit's perfectly.I love all the trexture/dimension... Congrats!

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall View Post

Well thats a pretty ballsy move! I'm glad the risk paid off. The gown is gorgeous. I love the intricate beadwork and the belt is insane, and it fits you perfectly.

Originally Posted by missb0308 View Post

Well worth the wait, that is stunning!

Originally Posted by Tulumbride2013 View Post

Wow dazey,your dress is turkey incredible! I would have left work for this beauty too. Congrats to ya. That bet/sash is gorgeous!!!.

Originally Posted by kimber24 View Post

THIS IS STUNNING!

Originally Posted by pokeyholly View Post

Holy smokes! That is one amazing dress! You look incredible. :)

Thank You soooo much Ladies. Unfortunately now i think i am going through my dress regret. I loved it when i tried it on.. but now going back through the pictures... its making me sad :( Im thinking now its too much. Maybe i just need to go try it on again

So I officially cheated on my dress, and quite frankly, Iâ€m happy I did.  Long story short I was watching an episode of SYTTD with my Fi and my dress happened to be featured (no he didnâ€t know).  He tends to freely voice his opinions about the dresses in the show and my dress was no exception… “Thatâ€s an interesting dress, but it doesnâ€t look suitable for a wedding.  If it wasnâ€t white you wouldnâ€t know it was a wedding dressâ€.  You know what, he was right.  While I love every detail of my dress and think it reflects my personality to a ‘T†it never gave me a bridal feeling which is a pretty important factor to overlook.  And after having this conversation and trying my dress on again I knew I couldnâ€t were it on our wedding day.  Any-who, hereâ€s dress #2, not sure about the veil or the sash, but the dress is a definite keeper…

Choco.. I love this dress, obviously i love lace but this is stunning on you! I love the shape its gorgeous!

Originally Posted by elissae View Post

Well my dress arrived last week!  I went to the bridal shop Saturday to inspect, try it on and pay off the balance.  I ordered it 9 months ago and was about 5 lbs lighter (maybe a few inches less, too!).  When they measured me back in January, they wanted to order me the size 10.  I asked to order a size 12 instead since I know coming off the summer I am a bit heavier and would rather have more to work with then not enough as far as alterations go.  Thank goodness I did because the size 12 fit almost perfectly, a little bit too snug for my comfort, but I am not use to wearing form fitting dresses/gowns like this.  And I know I hope to lose those 5 lbs and a few inches between now and the wedding.  There will be a few alterations needed, like perhaps an inch on the hem and an eyelet hook on the back which ironically once was not sewn into the dress.

I gotta say I have been so happy about my dress choice all these months, but ironically this past Saturday I had some doubt...I was even a tiny bit sad.  I have no clue what came over me...hours later I felt better about my choice after looking at the pics, but that initial thought of doubt scared me.  Maybe it was just all the excitement and build up to that day...who knows!  I just wish that did not happen initially.  :-(

I had ordered an accessory belt to bling up the dress a bit.  I was planning to tie as a bow in the back and not sew/attach to the dress.  However, now I am unsure.  My Mom & Nanny seem to think the dress alone, without the belt, is the way to go.  Mom thought the bow took away from the beauty of the back of the dress.  My best friend thought the bling of the belt was "me" and perhaps sew the belt onto the dress, bling in front, however, no bow in back, just sew the ribbon to back of dress to the center zipper.

My other girlfriend thought the bow in the back was simple and romantic.  Now I am on the fence.  I was looking to have the belt and match my jewelry with it.  Just some hanging earrings and a bracelet (no necklace since I'd have the bling of the belt).  Also, no veil, just a tropical flower in my hair.

I would love any input you ladies may have.  Here are pics from Saturday with and without the belt/bow.  Thanks girls! xoxo

This is beautiful.. and i definately agree with the other ladies and say that you should wear the belt... the bling it add just gives it that something special.. i know you already bought this belt but i almost think that going with a sash in a heavier fabric.. like a thick satin would make the bow in the back more substantial and look a bit better... but it still looks great

Originally Posted by melnryluvco View Post

Ok so I've had a bit of dress drama lately. When I got my first dress we were planning on a simple ceremony in Maui with 10/12 people tops. But soon enough we had all sorts of people that wanted to go and it got to be too involved to plan a wedding and everyone's trip to HI. Not to mention expensive!! So we moved our ceremony and reception to Now Sapphire in Rivera Maya Mexico. With a new change in venue and a more 'upscale' feel I was feeling unsure and uncomfortable about my dress. So I was able to find another dress that made me feel more comfortable, beautiful and more importantly bridal. Here it is!!! It needs to be altered but I LOVE it!

This is such a pretty dress.. so glad you found something that made you feel more bridal and elegant for the change of venue