Show us your wedding dress!

Hey RyGuysBride!  I went to two new bridal salons today and kept comparing them to the dress from yesterday so I called and got in to the other salon and brought my friends with me.  I tried on the three I liked yesterday and kept coming back to the one that I really liked the best.  Another friend of mine wants to go with me so I have an appointment next Sunday and will take her with me then.  I went from satin to silk to organza to lace and all over the place again but I kept going back to lace.  Some of the organza gowns were very light but they just were not me.  This lace dress isn't too heavy (A line so not the volume and weight of a ball gown) and the neck line and hem are quite lovely.  It is a Casablanca style number 1918 - I will try to post a pic but I have problems on here sometimes!

OK - my post just went blank!  My dress is a Casablanca style 1918.  I went all over the board the last few weeks from satin to silk to organza to chiffon to lace.  I kept coming back to the lace.  I have an appointment again a week from tomorrow and will bring along another friend as two of my friends saw it today and liked it.  I think it is the one but we will see!  I will try posting a pic!

Originally Posted by RyGuysBride View Post

Hey Brenners! I went to another appointment today too and I'm still dress-less. This is the 6th store I've been to.

I have it nailed down to one in particular that I keep going back to and ironically, it seems to be in most stores I go to! Maybe it's a sign!

What are the dresses you're considering? Are they all the same style?

I know we'll find dresses eventually! Hang in there and have fun with it!

I checked it out on the website. It's so classic and elegant looking! I love the way the lace falls on the train!

Originally Posted by Brenners View Post

OK - my post just went blank!  My dress is a Casablanca style 1918.  I went all over the board the last few weeks from satin to silk to organza to chiffon to lace.  I kept coming back to the lace.  I have an appointment again a week from tomorrow and will bring along another friend as two of my friends saw it today and liked it.  I think it is the one but we will see!  I will try posting a pic!

Thanks!  What is the dress that you keep coming back to?  And what do you like about it??  :)

I checked it out on the website. It's so classic and elegant looking! I love the way the lace falls on the train!

I'm not sure how to post photos either but the one I keep comparing everything else too is the Maggie Sottero Adorae. I love the shape of it... it's fitted to just above the knees and then flares out. There is beading under the bust and rouching. It's so flattering and feels so glamorous! Writing this, I think I'm convincing myself more and more! haha

It's absolutely beautiful Brenners. Lace is always beautiful and it's perfect for the DW.

Originally Posted by Brenners View Post

Beautiful dress!!!

Originally Posted by Kimberli1211 View Post

So I know I've already had my turn, but I found another excuse to post.... my dress came in and I had my first fitting today!!! I had to take my hair piece and earrings and all.  It fits like a glove and the only alteration I need to make is a half inch off the bottom. YAY!! My daughter spent the whole time smoothing and fluffing and directing me to pose. :) 

SAM_1463.JPGSAM_1489.JPG(Allure 8766)

Oh that is a beautiful dress!  It sounds like it is the one!  I liked dresses similar to that one as well but kept going back to mine.  Let me know what you choose!

I'm not sure how to post photos either but the one I keep comparing everything else too is the Maggie Sottero Adorae. I love the shape of it... it's fitted to just above the knees and then flares out. There is beading under the bust and rouching. It's so flattering and feels so glamorous! Writing this, I think I'm convincing myself more and more! haha