Photo

White or Ivory?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MeghanAnn

MeghanAnn
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

My dress is Ivory and I was wondering if my FI and groomsmen need to wear ivory instead of white. My mother told me that if the men wear white my dress will look dirty. They are just wearing the dress shirts no jackets or vests to cover. All of the ivory shirts I have seen have looked so ugly and yellow not even close to the color of my dress. HELP

#2 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
    • 955 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

I wouldn't say that your dress would look dirty, but a bright/stark white next to ivory will bring out the yellow undertone even in the lightest ivory.  If you haven't found ivory shirts for your men that you like, then I would opt for an off-white or antique white instead.

#3 MeghanAnn

MeghanAnn
      • 31 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

Thanks, I think that's what  I will do. Is "almond" a brighter white or off white. I keep seeing it online and I can not tell on the monitor.

#4 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
        • 955 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

I would say it's a safe bet that it's an off-white option, but I've never seen an almond colored shirt in person.

#5 inloveinkorea

inloveinkorea
          • 177 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

My dress if ivory and my fiance will be wearing an ivory shirt. I think it might look a little off if he was in bright-white. 

Visit my Etsy shop for affordable DIY invitations and wedsite design! http://www.etsy.com/...eaOfLoveStudios

#6 MeghanAnn

MeghanAnn
            • 31 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

inloveinkorea where did your fiance did his shirt? I'm having a hard time finding an ivory that is not to yellow.

#7 nbateman

nbateman
              • 280 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by MeghanAnn 

inloveinkorea where did your fiance did his shirt? I'm having a hard time finding an ivory that is not to yellow.

This is such a great thing to consider, thanks for bringing this up!!! I will have to keep this in mind! If you happen to find any shirts that are ivory, let everyone know!

#8 MeghanAnn

MeghanAnn
                • 31 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

We went out last weekend looking everywhere and I think we are going to go with these. It is an off white and does not look yellow at all.

http://shop.nordstro...resultback=1026

#9 AndreaandAaron

AndreaandAaron
                  • 180 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

We went out last weekend looking everywhere and I think we are going to go with these. It is an off white and does not look yellow at all.

Thanks! I will keep this one in mind for when we need to look for off-white shirts!  I have looked around a bit, the best I saw was one at Moores- but this one looks less yellow.  

Thanks for posting!

#10 nbateman

nbateman
                    • 280 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

Thanks for posting! I have a nordstrom near me and I will check these out when the time comes. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users