Photo

Non-resident Wedding Guests Have to PAY to Get In to Velas Vallarta?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 windowsurfer

windowsurfer
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

Hi - is this real? If attending a wedding here and wanting to spend time with family and friends on the Velas Vallarta property, but residing at a nearby private accomodation -- will we have to pay each time we enter the facility? Or is this a rumor started by the competition?

#2 lemonlover

lemonlover
    • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

I know some of the resorts require your VENDORS to buy day passes.....like my florist is coming in to sit by the pool and drink shots all day. Gimme a break.

#3 TAkathy

TAkathy
      • Insiders
      • 89 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:54 PM

It is not uncommon for resorts to charge a fee for guests who attend a wedding at their property and are not staying there during their stay.  This occurs in other places, not just Mexico.

It seems a bit odd for vendors to be required to pay to enter the premises however but the policies are independently established and important to know so that your guests are properly informed and prepared.

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
        AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
        Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#4 JessicaR

JessicaR
        • 11 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:56 AM

I've heard of this in weddings like Las Caletas, in Adventure weddings theres a charge of $500 USD if you hire an external photographer or Videographer. The budget was tight so in the hotel my sister did her wedding there was no external charge for any of the vendors to come in the hotel, they just needed to be identified when entering the premises.

#5 leahjuly

leahjuly
          • 6 posts
          • Wedding Date:March 30, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta
          • LocationGeneva, Switzerland

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

Im getting marries at Las Caletas at the end of the month and my guests and I are staying at Velas Vallarta. Velas told us the same thing about paying for other guests to come onto the property. Im not sure how well they police this though, having been there a few months ago it seems pretty simple to avoid paying if they're just hanging out by the pool. This is why we chose not to hold the wedding at Velas though, if we're already paying X dollars for them as a guest, Im not going to pay for them again just to come onto the property for the event. Im actually not a fan of Velas' management. (not the property, that is fabulous) The only reason my guest are staying there is because my fiancĂ©'s family are condo owners and have been for decades so I was obligated with the family. 

Las Caletas on the other hand is very different. They are very accommodating. They do charge $300 to bring in an external photographer because they do employ their own photography team. We are bringing our own photographer though and since they were cheaper, even with the additional $300, the photography cost would have been the same as hiring theirs. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users