Sign in to follow this  
ashk

Planning our Riviera Maya Wedding!

Well I don't know if I'm crazy (good possibility) but I can't seem to figure out how to edit my posts...

Here's all 3 bridesmaid goodie bags filled with treats

I also put together a version for our moms - pashmina, lotion, sleep mask, sanitizer, lotion.

My Shoes!

My ceremony shoes

I wasn't completely satisfied with them - they "needed something"

So I started playing around with ribbons and jewels etc, and found the perfect thing - strips of rhinestone and pearl stickers from Dollarama! They completely change the look  - I'm so pleased with how they turned out.

My Reception Shoes

I got a super-cute pair of white, low heel flipflops this summer and dressed them up with white satin ribbon and pearl beads.

They came with the pretty bows.

My bridesmaids and I actually had a shoe-decorating party, and we all added beads to dress up our shoes. They're all wearing the same wedge sandal in different colours, and added beads etc to suit their personal styles and dresses.

Then we got creative, and they made earrings and necklaces to match too!

Take 4 girls, add beads and jewels, mix in hot glue gun plus needle and thread, plus munchies, and you have a creative party!!

Originally Posted by ashk View Post

My girls and I wanted to do something kind of fun and silly for some of the pictures, so I bought us parasols and then painted theirs (there's those acrylic paints again!)

They are good quality paper parasols. I got my white one from Creative Bag, and then 3 white ones for the girls at a wholesale shop for $3 each.

I used a sponge brush, and thinned the paint out with water so light will still shine through. I also painted the insides, but it's more of a wash (mixed even more water with the paint) just so the insides weren't white (although the darker colours showed through fairly well)

Then hung them to dry. I also painted the top plastic cap with full-strength paint.

This is cute.  I wish I'm more creative to do something like this!

Oooo, your wedding is sooo close and I just love, love, love your creativity!!!

I wish I was crafty like this, but alas I must stick to purchasing my things.

I love your OOT bags and your other goodie bags, such great ideas!

Thanks so much for sharing, I know it will be beautiful!!

Thank you!!

So, set back today.... the resort can't get my flowers as they are out of season!!! I agonized over my choice, as I originally wanted to feature phaleanopsis orchids (waaay too expensive), then plumeria (too delicate and not available) so I finally got all excited about hibiscus, and today got an email from my WC that they're out of season!!!

Back to the drawing board I guess!

Sorry to hear about your setback :(

If you are really set on certain flowers, have you thought about using  an outside florist?  They usually work out cheaper than your resort, even after a delivery fee. You will probably be able to get exactly what you want.   I am in contact with Marvin from Maya Floral for my May wedding, and so far he has been great!  Marvin@mayafloral.com   I am sure there are other great florists in the area as well!  

Good luck!

Hi AndreaandAaron,

Ohh, you're a double A couple too :D

Our wedding is just over a week away (we leave next Thursday 6am!!), so I don't have time to switch florists. Lesson to be learned: don't take so long to make up your mind, so you have time to regroup!! Oh well, it will be gorgeous I'm sure.

Originally Posted by ashk View Post

Hi AndreaandAaron,

Ohh, you're a double A couple too :D

Our wedding is just over a week away (we leave next Thursday 6am!!), so I don't have time to switch florists. Lesson to be learned: don't take so long to make up your mind, so you have time to regroup!! Oh well, it will be gorgeous I'm sure.

Have an awesome time!  I'm sure everything will be gorgeous. :-)