Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
missroxy

Official OCTOBER 2013 BRIDES

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by meganjune View Post

 

We are getting married in the DR on October 19, 2013 as well!!! We'll be at Now Larimar. Time is flying by!

 

5 MORE MONTHS!!!!! YAHHOOOOOOO!!! rockon.gif

 

Just ordered my flowers and have been getting RSVPs back....just need to get the guy's outfits, set our schedule, book spa appointments and get OOT bags together!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our time is fastly approaching ladies!!  I getting more and more excited each day woot.gif.  I have my dress, just need to get my groom on the ball with his attire.  We have all of our supplies for our OOT bags and now just have to get our final details together.  Guests are booking their trips and we are getting RSVPs in.  Things are moving along nicely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting married October 10th, in Montepulciano, Italy. Town hall wedding at a building built in the mid 1400's. Traditional Italian reception with 4 courses of food and the millefolie wedding cake that the chef makes in front of you. Musicians playing accordion, mandolin and guitar and singing traditional Italian songs while walking to the wine cave reception venue. Honeymoon in Nice France and Portofino, Italy. I'm having a custom dress made at Miosa Couture here in Sacramento. I can't wait!!! 5 months from Friday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How's everyone's wedding planning going?  I've been pretty much at a stand-still for a while, but I'm starting to kick into gear here.  I would love to hear what you ladies are working on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by favorsmr View Post

 

How's everyone's wedding planning going?  I've been pretty much at a stand-still for a while, but I'm starting to kick into gear here.  I would love to hear what you ladies are working on.

Just started getting my stuff together last night, been waiting to purchase my OOT bags (waiting for a deal or the right ones), so last night I put together my little welcome packets from vistaprint... itinerary, thank you note, crossword puzzle, spanish/english translation, restaurant guide and room number list (blank so they can fill in who they want to).  Next on the immediate agenda is to buy envelopes and stuff/address them with the pre-trip brochure I made so I can send it out a few weeks before the wedding.

 

But I'm really just filling my time, no need to do this stuff so early, but why not?

 

Also need to figure out what my guy is gonna wear and his best man...

 

RSVPs are due May 31st!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our wedding planner, Francesca, is working out the details in Italy. Since she is from there and speaks the language, it is becoming the best thing we have done so far with the wedding planning. The original restaurant for the reception was unresponsive so she has located 2 more that have the same wine cave style and is getting quotes from them. So far everything is far less than we thought so we have decided to have a videographer. Looking through Vimeo wedding videos to get an idea of the style that works for our wedding style. Are there any other sites I should look at for videos? We are going to send gift boxes to all attendees before the trip instead of welcome packages. We will include luggage tags, travel items such as electricity converters, TSA luggage locks, money belts and inflatable neck pillows for the airplane. In the gift box will be a printed note saying how excited we are to have them at our wedding. We didn't send invites, as this was a family vacation that I planned before the engagement and decision to have the wedding there. I would like to have favors but can't think of something that would be useful and something inspired by our italian venue. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by nbateman View Post

 

Just started getting my stuff together last night, been waiting to purchase my OOT bags (waiting for a deal or the right ones), so last night I put together my little welcome packets from vistaprint... itinerary, thank you note, crossword puzzle, spanish/english translation, restaurant guide and room number list (blank so they can fill in who they want to).  Next on the immediate agenda is to buy envelopes and stuff/address them with the pre-trip brochure I made so I can send it out a few weeks before the wedding.

 

But I'm really just filling my time, no need to do this stuff so early, but why not?

 

Also need to figure out what my guy is gonna wear and his best man...

 

RSVPs are due May 31st!

 

I already have my OOT bags, and have bought quite a few things already to go in them.  I did my best estimate on the number of guests base on the amount of interested that was expressed to us. So far, it looks like we will be very close to that number. I have decided to make my welcome packet into a booklet and I started working on that also.  Ours will have a lot of the same things that you have, and we will also are doing intoduction pages with everyone's name and picture.

 

I mentioned to FI yesterday that he needed to help finalize his attire.  He's having issues with his best man trying to back out of the wedding so he's a little angry about that.  Especially, when he doesn't have anyone else that he would want to do it.  Hopefully that will get resolved soon, though.

 

We are also bringing our own centerpieces, and just recently decided what we are going to do for that. 

 

So things are coming along nicely...

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Italy2013 View Post

 

Our wedding planner, Francesca, is working out the details in Italy. Since she is from there and speaks the language, it is becoming the best thing we have done so far with the wedding planning. The original restaurant for the reception was unresponsive so she has located 2 more that have the same wine cave style and is getting quotes from them. So far everything is far less than we thought so we have decided to have a videographer. Looking through Vimeo wedding videos to get an idea of the style that works for our wedding style.

 

Are there any other sites I should look at for videos?

 

We are going to send gift boxes to all attendees before the trip instead of welcome packages. We will include luggage tags, travel items such as electricity converters, TSA luggage locks, money belts and inflatable neck pillows for the airplane. In the gift box will be a printed note saying how excited we are to have them at our wedding. We didn't send invites, as this was a family vacation that I planned before the engagement and decision to have the wedding there.

 

I would like to have favors but can't think of something that would be useful and something inspired by our italian venue. Does anyone have a suggestion?

 

I don't know any specific sites for videos...Sorry :-(

 

As far as your favors, We are doing a small picture frame with a beach/tropical theme since we are going to the caribbean.  Perhaps you can find something similar with an italian theme or theme related to the specific area that you will be going in Italy?  HTH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am getting married October 4th at La Zebra in Tulum, MX!!! Very excited!!! 88 more days!!!

I feel like it's all the little things I need to take care of now...AND pay the $$$ haha! shots.gif

Happy planning everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi Brides! I have a Wally Bag - 66" available - $90 + shipping (US only) The wally bag typically sells for $120-$180. I used this gown bag once to transport my dress from MN to Mexico for our wedding - IT WAS PERFECT!   I was actually able to pack 4 additional maxi dresses, and my husband's wedding attire, plus a few pairs of shoes and some jewelry. I packed the dress the night before we left, and just moments before we left, I zipped the bag and folded it - ready for travel. It comes up with a nice over-the-shoulder strap, making it really easy to carry through the airports. No issues on Delta with the bag as my carry-on - I chose to put in the overhead bin, but the flight attendant did offer to hang it in the closet for me. Once we got to the resort, about 10 hours after I first folded the bag, I unpacked the bag and my dress was perfect - no wrinkles! My dress was mostly lace and had a bit of a train, but it arrived perfectly!  Honestly, this is the best way to travel with your dress! 
    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
  • Topics

×