TTD, but FI doesn't want it. Ideas?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 futuremrswarner

futuremrswarner
  • 360 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Hi ladies, 

I REALLY want to do a TTD session with my photographer, and love the ones by the beach and in/under the water. I showed pictures to my FI and he loves them, but he insists that he doesn't want to be wearing clothes and getting wet in them. Any ideas on how to convince him?

Or would you guys suggest just doing a TTD myself without him? It kinda sucks he won't be in the pictures though.

#2 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
    • 670 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

That stinks you can't get him to do it! Maybe you can do it alone though? I've seen boudoir style ttd photos that are stunning!

#3 Barash

Barash
      • 72 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

Don't try to convince him. Talk to him, most importantly - listen. And try to understand why he doesn't want it.

You might be able to make him look at TTD differently by turning his cons around. If he simply doesn't want to be wet in clothes, then maybe you can get him wearing nice swim shorts for the session.

Explain your motivation. Do you want it because of beautiful pics? Then put it as modern art. Photos already are a powerful tool of capturing a single moment. Yes, TTD photos are often staged, but professional work with water and light makes it a 1/100 sec painting.

Good luck!

#4 Lizrmt

Lizrmt
        • 173 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

My FI is the same, pictures are cool, but he won't do it. He hates having his picture taken. Getting a couple of official wedding poses out of him will be hard enough never mind a second photo shoot. So I've decided to do a TTD with my 8 year old niece in her flowergirl dress. I think the pics will be awesome of us splashing and playing in the ocean, building a sand castle, climbing a tree, etc. And it's greats auntie bonding time too (I'm in Ontario, she lives in Saskatchewan) I only see her 1-2 times per year! PS you could also do a TTD with your bridesmaids!

#5 futuremrswarner

futuremrswarner
          • 360 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Barash 

Don't try to convince him. Talk to him, most importantly - listen. And try to understand why he doesn't want it.

You might be able to make him look at TTD differently by turning his cons around. If he simply doesn't want to be wet in clothes, then maybe you can get him wearing nice swim shorts for the session.

Explain your motivation. Do you want it because of beautiful pics? Then put it as modern art. Photos already are a powerful tool of capturing a single moment. Yes, TTD photos are often staged, but professional work with water and light makes it a 1/100 sec painting.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. I realized there really isnt any convincing I could do that would change his mind. You're right. Maybe I can talk with him and see where we can compromise to get the pictures done with both of us in it. I'll try that out first.

#6 futuremrswarner

futuremrswarner
            • 360 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Lizrmt 

My FI is the same, pictures are cool, but he won't do it. He hates having his picture taken. Getting a couple of official wedding poses out of him will be hard enough never mind a second photo shoot. So I've decided to do a TTD with my 8 year old niece in her flowergirl dress. I think the pics will be awesome of us splashing and playing in the ocean, building a sand castle, climbing a tree, etc. And it's greats auntie bonding time too (I'm in Ontario, she lives in Saskatchewan) I only see her 1-2 times per year!
              PS you could also do a TTD with your bridesmaids!

If not, then for sure... I'll probably just do them with my bridesmaids, cause they're all down for some nice pictures underwater and splashing around in the water. Thanks for that suggestion.

#7 Laura2013

Laura2013
              • 177 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

@ Lizrmt. That's a great idea to do your TTD with your niece. It is prob best not to force the issue when just starting your marriage if he just isn't into it. You will still be able to get lots of gorgeous photos of you in your dress and then some playful ones with your niece. 

#8 inloveinkorea

inloveinkorea
                • 177 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

My fiance is the same way! He doesn't get it. He thinks it's stupid. 3 more months to work on him! 

Visit my Etsy shop for affordable DIY invitations and wedsite design! http://www.etsy.com/...eaOfLoveStudios

#9 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
                  • Vendor
                  • 1,243 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by futuremrswarner 

Hi ladies, 

I REALLY want to do a TTD session with my photographer, and love the ones by the beach and in/under the water. I showed pictures to my FI and he loves them, but he insists that he doesn't want to be wearing clothes and getting wet in them. Any ideas on how to convince him?

Or would you guys suggest just doing a TTD myself without him? It kinda sucks he won't be in the pictures though.

Hi FutureMrsWarner,

Men are usually vey hesitant about doing a TTD session but in the end, they are the ones that enjoy it the most!!!!! These are all about enjoying your love, intimacy and getting super creative!!

Why not talk him into doing a Conceptual Art Session together?

Or a Couples Boudoir if you dare...very sexy....

If FI really does not want to take part of it, why not do something different for yourself and for him??

We love to play with our mermaid couples!!

Interested in more info?? Send me a PM.

Best wishes :)

#10 futuremrswarner

futuremrswarner
                    • 360 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

So I showed some TTD photos of other couples that did not involve getting wet.. just pictures in the caves/cenotes and he likes those. So I guess I will take that.. and take the underwater ones myself :) Better than nothing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users