Photo

Newbie from PA

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 Sharonie

Sharonie
  • 557 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 04:30 PM

to the forum! Like others mentioned, both Beaches and Riu are family friendly in Jamaica. With Beaches, you can switch to Sandals for HM. Explore tripadvisor.com or consult a TA who focuses on DW for more choices. Good luck and happy planning!!!

#12 Chiquita

Chiquita
    • 2,674 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 09:05 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum :)

#13 JanaBrooke

JanaBrooke
      • 82 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 09:11 PM

Welcome!! I am throwing around the idea of bringing a babysitter with me. A bunch of my friends all have little ones under the age of 3 and I have a couple co-workers that have offered to come along and be the "babysitter." So that's an idea. I'll pay for their airfare and stay, etc. Just a thought!!

#14 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
        • 1,257 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 09:54 PM

Welcome to the forum! What part of PA?

#15 tiannamalia

tiannamalia
          • 7 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:41 PM

Thank you so much for your ideas! I never thought of a Disney Cruise. I'll have to bring that up to my fiance. We love Disney and so does his family! I'll check out some of the websites you posted too.

My mother said she would take care of the baby but I feel bad because I want her to be able to have some fun too. I don't want her to feel as if she is a babysitter and not on vacation. The only thing I could think of to fix the situation is to work it out with someone in his family to take the baby for a day so she could have some time off. But then I feel as if I'm imposing on them. I'm sure I will figure it out.

I love the Sandals idea if we stay at Beeches. We will have to get away from the kids for a little bit or else I'll spend my entire HM playing mommy roleand not the new wife role. Does that make since?

Anyways, thanks again for the posts! I'll let you know what we decide.

Tianna

#16 2bwilliams

2bwilliams
            • 6 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:24 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie from Chicago and in a similare situation. I have no clue where to start and we are both indecisive so any suggestions would be great. We have no kids but are hoping our families (with kids) will join us.

Thanks!!!

Congrats!
              Jen 2 b Williams

#17 LadyP

LadyP
              • 3,156 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:25 AM

#18 dragonfly

dragonfly
                • 1,820 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:39 AM

Welcome, sounds like your proposal was wonderful, good luck in your planning.

Kelly~

#19 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
                  • 716 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:00 PM

Tianna!

#20 meandpaul

meandpaul
                    • 233 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:11 PM

I am getting married at Beaches Boscobel on 9/1/08 (so that my mother and daughter can attend). The evening of the 1st, we are going over to Sandals Grande Ocho Rios for the honeymoon for 5 nights. Another idea... Feel free to contact me with any questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users