Sign in to follow this  
piscesgirl

Thoughts on a Friday wedding

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly76 View Post
I think if we had it on saturday and then people had to fly out early on sunday they wouldn't really have as much fun at the wedding because they'd have to get to bed early, etc...
This is exactly why we chose a Friday as well. Plus, my TA suggested that those who choose to stay for 7 nights might prefer to do a Sunday-Sunday trip so they only need to take off 5 days of work.

Thank you so much for starting this thread. pinkie.gifpinkie.gifpinkie.gif I was wondering the same thing . . . . you all have me rethinking dates which is good because I was so stuck on my date because I liked the way the numbers sounded (yah my friends think Im crazy). Friday is an awesome idea and Im glad to hear that so many of your guests were receptive to the idea!!!

I had the same thoughts when I was planning our ceremony. I would think that those who truly want to be there to share in your day will come on a Friday or Saturday or Sunday! Happy planning!smile123.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaBrooke View Post
Thank you so much for starting this thread. pinkie.gifpinkie.gifpinkie.gif I was wondering the same thing . . . . you all have me rethinking dates which is good because I was so stuck on my date because I liked the way the numbers sounded (yah my friends think Im crazy). Friday is an awesome idea and Im glad to hear that so many of your guests were receptive to the idea!!!
If it helps, I got married on 05.07.07 because I liked the way the numbers looked and sounded. We either wanted 7-7-07, 5-5-07, or 5-7-07- and that's the only one that was still available for the photographer and the resort. I got married on a Tuesday

Thanks, everyone! I feel much better about it now! smile36.gif And it's nice to know other people were wondering about it too. (I wanted the date 11.08.08, so you're not the only one thinking about the actual numbers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisha0612 View Post
Mine is scheduled for a Friday....and we also thought about the numbers...
10-10-08
Me too...10-10-08.

I just love the ways the numbers look.

We were looking for a Saturday in October, but the week we wanted was taken.. good thing. We rationalized after we booked our Sunday wedding that our friends always go BIG the first night. They all get in Friday, recover Saturday, just in time for our Sunday wedding.. go BIG again! Most of them are leaving Tuesday. Some family/friends are leaving Monday, but most Tuesday or later..turns out sunday worked for all our guests because they can leave the next day or extend a few days for vacation.

You know what.. whatever you guys decide.. your guests will either make it work or they can't . You'll still have a beautiful wedding and they'll all be happy for you!