Photo

Thoughts on a Friday wedding

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 piscesgirl

piscesgirl
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:11 PM

Does anyone have thoughts about having a wedding in Mexico on a Friday? It shouldn't really matter, if it's on a Friday or Saturday.... right? If people don't want to take an extra day off to travel, they probably wouldn't have come in the first place?

I can't believe the Saturdays in November 2008 are already gone!
    Willow reading an e-mail....

#2 jenvh

jenvh
    • 135 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:15 PM

I am having mine on a wednesday.

#3 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:16 PM

I'm getting married on a Friday, and I believe a lot of the girls got married on days other than Saturday. I think it doesn't matter as much what day of the week because people are on vacation. If people are coming just for the weekend, Friday should still be fine.

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:23 PM

mine was on a Friday, just because that was the day that was open. i'd actually say most weddings are mid-week for a destination wedding.

#5 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:24 PM

I got married on a friday and I think a lot of people were happy they still had the rest of their weekend to travel and enjoy Napa
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#6 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:27 PM

I originally wanted a saturday, but the ones I wanted were already taken. So I chose a Friday. I can honestly say that it worked out better choosing a friday because everyone is coming in on different days, we'll have the wedding on friday, we have saturday to relax and hang out with everyone and then everyone is flying home on Sunday, so if they need to they can be back for work on Monday. It actually worked out good.

I think if we had it on saturday and then people had to fly out early on sunday they wouldn't really have as much fun at the wedding because they'd have to get to bed early, etc...

#7 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,754 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:32 PM

We're having our wedding on a Friday. We preferred having a friday wedding since most of our guests are leaving on Sunday and didn't want them to have a full day to recup!

#8 Spazz

Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:40 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by amyh
                We're having our wedding on a Friday. We preferred having a friday wedding since most of our guests are leaving on Sunday and didn't want them to have a full day to recup!
                That was what I was thinking too! People may not like getting on a plane after a late night out.

#9 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:44 PM

I think friday is fine.

#10 Yari

Yari
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:52 PM

I'm having mine on a Friday too...I think it is fine and like everyone has said allows for guests to have a long weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users