Photo

Sand Walkers

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 CRebecca

CRebecca
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

If you are not concerned with height, you may go with ballerina shoes... They are comfortable and keep sand away from your feet.

Or, if you prefer, you may walk bare with jewelry. 

#22 Ploman

Ploman
    • 425 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

I had my dress fitting, and they are tailoring my dress to my shoe height, and said that it might be a little long if i switch to flip flops later in the day. I decided to just live with that lol. 

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#23 JA2012

JA2012
      • 334 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

That will be my issue as well. I was told if I wana save $100 on my dress alterations, I should get 5" shoes. I found some cute wedges and now am realizing that if i don't alter the length, I will be swimming in the dress if i change to flats.

#24 JA2012

JA2012
        • 334 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

HOpefully by then, everyone will had had one too many to drink and won't notice and all my pics will be done so I won't even care. 

Too bad they didn't make 5" Air Jordans. I'd be in line for those. haha

#25 JA2012

JA2012
          • 334 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

FYI...Aldo.com has a great sale on flats, wedges and sandals if anyone is still looking. Heels also. Extra 30% off. If you sign up on mailing list you get an additional 10% off. My suede wedges came to $31. Reg price $100

#26 AllieH

AllieH
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 2,014 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
            • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
            • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

That was the issue I had too. I'm 5'3", and wanted to wear wedges for the ceremony, but didn't want the dress to drag (more) on the ground when I switched to flats. That's why I went ahead and had the dress hemmed for flats.

I've also heard that some girls have been able to get some sort of adjustable hem, so it can be shortened for flats after the ceremony. I thought about that, but didn't want to pay the extra $$ for it. It was easier just to do the hem.

Originally Posted by JA2012 

That will be my issue as well. I was told if I wana save $100 on my dress alterations, I should get 5" shoes. I found some cute wedges and now am realizing that if i don't alter the length, I will be swimming in the dress if i change to flats.

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#27 JA2012

JA2012
            • 334 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

My wedges are 5" tall. HAHAH! So if I don't alter it will def be noticeable. I think flats would be way more comfortable i just haven't really looked for any yet. Maybe I'll do that tonite.

#28 TauruSmith

TauruSmith
              • 198 posts
              • Wedding Date:May 18, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

I was planning on flats, but I really want to add some height, and I'm planning on trying to sell my dress after the wedding, so I'm worried about hemming it to fit my 5'2" height in flats. :-(  I'm wondering if wedges will actually work.

#29 Ploman

Ploman
              • 425 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by TauruSmith 

I was planning on flats, but I really want to add some height, and I'm planning on trying to sell my dress after the wedding, so I'm worried about hemming it to fit my 5'2" height in flats. :-(  I'm wondering if wedges will actually work.

I'll let everyone know how wedges worked in late January when I return, if you can wait until then to get your hemming done hehe

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#30 AllieH

AllieH
                • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                • 2,014 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
                • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
                • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

When they hemmed my dress, they didn't cut the fabric off the bottom actually. So it could still be let out if I sell it to someone taller. You could just ask your seamstress if that's feasible before she cuts. 

Originally Posted by TauruSmith 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users