Sand Walkers

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Cherina

Cherina
  • Banned
  • 636 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

For all brides who are walking down a sandy isle what kind of shoes if any are you wearing? Are you concerned about hot sand or sinking heels. For brides who have made that walk how did you heels work?

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#2 Ploman

Ploman
    • 425 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

I've asked this question to the brides at my resort, and they said that the sand was not too hot in Jamaica if you get married later in the day, which the resort recommends anyways. We are getting married in Montego Bay in January around 4pm and will have the bridesmaids wear bare feet. 

I'm going to wear wedges because I like the look of adding some height. I have heard that you can walk in heels if you really focus on putting your weight into your toes while you walk, but that sounds like too much work for me. 

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#3 Cherina

Cherina
      • Banned
      • 636 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

That sounds like too much work for me also. Our wedding is sunset so the sans shouldn't be to hot. Did you get your wedges already? I would love to see them!

#4 MSPOKRAN

MSPOKRAN
        • Site Supporter
        • 88 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

I am wanting some height and really want to wear wedges or heels! I would love to see your wedges too! I'm short so I'm also concerned about getting my dress altered and going from flat to heels.

#5 claire0701

claire0701
          • 187 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

I think I'd go for wedges, we all look better in heels :)

#6 Cherina

Cherina
            • Banned
            • 636 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

I am wanting some height and really want to wear wedges or heels! I would love to see your wedges too! I'm short so I'm also concerned about getting my dress altered and going from flat to heels.

That is exactly my concern! I know for the reception I want hills and I'm very concerned about finding the right balance for alterations.

#7 Ploman

Ploman
              • 425 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

Here are my wedges:

I'm concerned about alterations too! I have my fitting on in a week so I'll ask the tailor. 

IMG_0608.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#8 Playalovesme

Playalovesme
                • 39 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

Going barefoot with foot jewelry is always a lovely option. Chelsea is a jewelry provider for destination weddings in various locals. You can see an example here:

http://www.facebook....<br /> <br /> Just make sure to get a pedicure! ;)

#9 Cherina

Cherina
                  • Banned
                  • 636 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

Jreist those are really pretty! Please check back in and give us your tailors thoughts

#10 Cherina

Cherina
                    • Banned
                    • 636 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

Going barefoot with foot jewelry is always a lovely option. Chelsea is a jewelry provider for destination weddings in various locals. You can see an example here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3122537230114&set=t.541689081&type=3&theater

J
                      ust make sure to get a pedicure! ;)

I had never thought of that its great idea, then just find some flats for the reception.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users