Photo

Royal Playa Del Carmen 2014

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#71 Jessica G

Jessica G
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

NicJ no prob! I want the best price for my guests too!!!

#72 tamcalvano

tamcalvano
    • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting married at the Royal in May 2014! Thanks everyone for posting so many reviews.  I find them so helpful.  We booked the luxury package that comes with the photographer, but I see so many people on here leave negative comments about the resort photographer.  Can anyone offer feedback as to why they might not be a good option?  

Also, is anyone helping to pay for certain family members to come?  I want to help my mom and one sister who don't have a lot of money, but not sure what the proper etiquette is for this.  And I don't want to feel resentful towards them for paying so much money.  Thank!

#73 MSPOKRAN

MSPOKRAN
      • Site Supporter
      • 88 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

I just posted my planning thread and review here for those who want to view it. If you need help and have questions let me know!!

http://www.bestdesti...13#post_1912128

#74 Jessica G

Jessica G
        • 70 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

MSPOKRAN thanks for posting a review! I'm about to go read it! Tamcalvano- congrats! I just chose not to go with the resorts photographers bc I didn't care for the pictures that I had seen from them- and everyone I talk to says If they would splurge on one thing that it would be a photographer. Check out www.bam-fam.com if you look into outside photographers- she takes amazing pictures and does a lot of destination weddings! Happy planning! This board is a great tool to share ideas and ask questions on- it has helped me so much!

#75 Jessica G

Jessica G
          • 70 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:34 AM

Tamcalvano- one more thing- we are helping my fiancée's parents with the travel costs and just aren't telling anyone.

#76 Shunzik

Shunzik
            • Site Supporter
            • 66 posts
            • Wedding Date:May 3, 2014
            • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa Del Carmen

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by tamcalvano 

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting married at the Royal in May 2014! Thanks everyone for posting so many reviews.  I find them so helpful.  We booked the luxury package that comes with the photographer, but I see so many people on here leave negative comments about the resort photographer.  Can anyone offer feedback as to why they might not be a good option?  

Also, is anyone helping to pay for certain family members to come?  I want to help my mom and one sister who don't have a lot of money, but not sure what the proper etiquette is for this.  And I don't want to feel resentful towards them for paying so much money.  Thank

Hey! So I ended up getting the luxury package myself but I am hiring my own outside photographer. I just wasn't a fan of the pictures on their website. I know some resorts have excellent photographers but I am not crazy about The Royals photographer. 

My fiance and I did offer to help some guests pay their way if it were too expensive. I was willing to pay my MOH flight since she doesn't have a lot of money right now. She declined though. I think offering to pay the flight/hotel is a nice thing to do if YOU can afford it. There are cheaper resorts around if the guests want to stay elsewhere. 

:) S

#77 SandLRPDC2014

SandLRPDC2014
            • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

Hello Ladies! My Fiance and I are getting married at The Royal PDC on 5/12/14. We are having about 40 guests. We qualified for the "free" wedding package. Has anyone done this package? If so how was it?

#78 heathermarie28

heathermarie28
              • 12 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

Hi all! I just got our travel info and wedding date today! May 21st 2014. On the wedding packages it shows a max of 35 people but we were never told this and more than 35 invites have gone out. Is this a strict restiction? or is it more like you pay more for over 35? any info welcome :) 

#79 photoisforever

photoisforever
                • Vendor
                • 192 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

You probably won't get everyone you sent an invitation to being able to attend, so you may be fine - even with the 35-restriction.

Hope it all works out the best way for you! Cheers :)

Photography Is Forever Studios 

#80 agale86

agale86
                  • 28 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

In the end etiquette doesn't matter when it comes to the people that MUST be at your wedding. Everyone that came to our wedding at the Royal in June thought it was well worth their money and are even planning return visits. No one was offended that we paid a few family members way to go. It's your wedding day. You deserve to have all the most important people there with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users