Photo

Royal Playa Del Carmen 2014

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#71 NicJ

NicJ
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

Thanks so much Jessica! I think I'll try to contact her!! I'm trying to get the best possible price for my guests :)

#72 Jessica G

Jessica G
    • 70 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

NicJ no prob! I want the best price for my guests too!!!

#73 tamcalvano

tamcalvano
      • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting married at the Royal in May 2014! Thanks everyone for posting so many reviews.  I find them so helpful.  We booked the luxury package that comes with the photographer, but I see so many people on here leave negative comments about the resort photographer.  Can anyone offer feedback as to why they might not be a good option?  

Also, is anyone helping to pay for certain family members to come?  I want to help my mom and one sister who don't have a lot of money, but not sure what the proper etiquette is for this.  And I don't want to feel resentful towards them for paying so much money.  Thank!

#74 MSPOKRAN

MSPOKRAN
        • Site Supporter
        • 88 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

I just posted my planning thread and review here for those who want to view it. If you need help and have questions let me know!!

http://www.bestdesti...13#post_1912128

#75 Jessica G

Jessica G
          • 70 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

MSPOKRAN thanks for posting a review! I'm about to go read it! Tamcalvano- congrats! I just chose not to go with the resorts photographers bc I didn't care for the pictures that I had seen from them- and everyone I talk to says If they would splurge on one thing that it would be a photographer. Check out www.bam-fam.com if you look into outside photographers- she takes amazing pictures and does a lot of destination weddings! Happy planning! This board is a great tool to share ideas and ask questions on- it has helped me so much!

#76 Jessica G

Jessica G
            • 70 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:34 AM

Tamcalvano- one more thing- we are helping my fiancĀ©e's parents with the travel costs and just aren't telling anyone.

#77 Shunzik

Shunzik
              • Site Supporter
              • 65 posts
              • Wedding Date:May 3, 2014
              • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa Del Carmen

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by tamcalvano 

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting married at the Royal in May 2014! Thanks everyone for posting so many reviews.  I find them so helpful.  We booked the luxury package that comes with the photographer, but I see so many people on here leave negative comments about the resort photographer.  Can anyone offer feedback as to why they might not be a good option?  

Also, is anyone helping to pay for certain family members to come?  I want to help my mom and one sister who don't have a lot of money, but not sure what the proper etiquette is for this.  And I don't want to feel resentful towards them for paying so much money.  Thank

Hey! So I ended up getting the luxury package myself but I am hiring my own outside photographer. I just wasn't a fan of the pictures on their website. I know some resorts have excellent photographers but I am not crazy about The Royals photographer. 

My fiance and I did offer to help some guests pay their way if it were too expensive. I was willing to pay my MOH flight since she doesn't have a lot of money right now. She declined though. I think offering to pay the flight/hotel is a nice thing to do if YOU can afford it. There are cheaper resorts around if the guests want to stay elsewhere. 

:) S

#78 SandLRPDC2014

SandLRPDC2014
              • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

Hello Ladies! My Fiance and I are getting married at The Royal PDC on 5/12/14. We are having about 40 guests. We qualified for the "free" wedding package. Has anyone done this package? If so how was it?

#79 heathermarie28

heathermarie28
                • 12 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

Hi all! I just got our travel info and wedding date today! May 21st 2014. On the wedding packages it shows a max of 35 people but we were never told this and more than 35 invites have gone out. Is this a strict restiction? or is it more like you pay more for over 35? any info welcome :) 

#80 photoisforever

photoisforever
                  • Vendor
                  • 192 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

You probably won't get everyone you sent an invitation to being able to attend, so you may be fine - even with the 35-restriction.

Hope it all works out the best way for you! Cheers :)

Photography Is Forever Studios 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users