Photo

Royal Playa Del Carmen 2014

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#31 Jessica G

Jessica G
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

Anasteele I think they use funever- I will check and get back to you!

Attached Files

#32 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
    • 381 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

Anasteele I think they use funever- I will check and get back to you!

Ok thanks! I'm headed over to google to research them

#33 Chelle Shoe

Chelle Shoe
      • 18 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

I am looking to get married here may 2014, it's only us and 4 guests and we want the beach location not gazebo. Just was worried since its a public beach . .

#34 GiaLunette

GiaLunette
        • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

Hi Ladies, one more bride getting married in Feb 2014 at the Royal! They do use Funever for photographer and video. And regarding the DJ, Dorremix has pretty good reviews so you might stick to them to avoid any vendor fees.

Has anybody looked into a different venue for the reception? Like Kool Beach Club? The good thing about them is that you can have your reception until 2am.

#35 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
          • 381 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

Hi Ladies, one more bride getting married in Feb 2014 at the Royal! They do use Funever for photographer and video. And regarding the DJ, Dorremix has pretty good reviews so you might stick to them to avoid any vendor fees. Has anybody looked into a different venue for the reception? Like Kool Beach Club? The good thing about them is that you can have your reception until 2am.

Welcome! I've looked into Wicky's. They are pretty reasonable-plates start at $45. I've heard tgey are 3-4 short blocks away from the resort which is a plus.

#36 Jessica G

Jessica G
            • 70 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

Welcome and Congrats! When is your wedding?

I didn't look into any other places, mainly because I like that I can just have the wedding coordinator at the resort do most of the stuff for the reception. 

#37 NicJ

NicJ
              • 18 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

Jessica G - Thank you so much for the info! I found a website with sunset info for that time of year. The

sun sets around 5:40 pm. I'm excited we are getting married the same month!! Can't wait to hear about your planning details!  I did book DJ Doremixx. I haven't seen one bad review about him, I liked him on Facebook and the weddings look so fun!! Not to mention you can't go wrong with skipping the vendor fee!

Are you getting married on the beach or gazebo? What time did you book your wedding for? Now I'm going back and forth betwen 4pm and 430 pm. Is Elsa your wedding coordinator?

AnaSteele - I don't remember which thread I saw it in...I think the main Royal PDC Are Kids allowed for the day? but there was a bride who had her reception at Wicky's and recommended it!

#38 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
                • 381 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:58 AM

Jessica G - Thank you so much for the info! I found a website with sunset info for that time of year. The sun sets around 5:40 pm. I'm excited we are getting married the same month!! Can't wait to hear about your planning details!  I did book DJ Doremixx. I haven't seen one bad review about him, I liked him on Facebook and the weddings look so fun!! Not to mention you can't go wrong with skipping the vendor fee! Are you getting married on the beach or gazebo? What time did you book your wedding for? Now I'm going back and forth betwen 4pm and 430 pm. Is Elsa your wedding coordinator? AnaSteele - I don't remember which thread I saw it in...I think the main Royal PDC Are Kids allowed for the day? but there was a bride who had her reception at Wicky's and recommended it!

I think you're right. That could be how I found out about it. Either there or someone's planning journal.

#39 Jessica G

Jessica G
                  • 70 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

I think wickys was in the playa del Carmen were kids allowed thread bc I saw it too!! I am getting married on the beach down by the pier- I think that area is a little busier but I figure what the heck- I'm getting married on a beach- if there are more people around that's just more people that get to see us celebrate. I think the pier will be pretty and that was the only space that I could do the cocktail reception and reception both on the beach. I believe my ceremony is at 4- I think I'm going to do most of my pictures before the ceremony that way I can attend the cocktail hour because I'm excited for our mariachi band during it! You are right about not seeing any bad reviews about Dj doremixx! I didn't either- and I also liked them on Facebook- I love seeing the pictures of them at the royal! Ana is my wedding coordinator- she is usually really fast with replies and information which Is really nice!

#40 NicJ

NicJ
                    • 18 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:10 AM

So excited for you Jessica! We are doing the Gazebo and then the reception on the beach. I'm with you, the more the merrier!! I don't care if people see us!  We are doing a cocktail hour with a Mariachi band too! I'm also going to do the majority of my pictures before as well!  I'm in the process of booking Juan Navarro. I liked his work on FB and his prices are very reasonable!! 

Any thoughts on a florist? Have you checked out the Resort florist yet?  I'm waiting for my WC Elsa to send me the info. I'm thinking about Maya Floral incase I'm not impressed with the resort florist. I've heard great things about Marvin...and brides have said he will drop off the flowers in the lobby so that we do not have to pay the vendor fee. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users