I need advice about this?!?!?

Originally Posted by Kay6356 View Post

I am happy to  say that all is good.. I spoke with J and I now have 2 MOH's, no hard feelings or anything.  Nothing has been said about who is signing the marriage cert. - I don't think that is a very big deal!!! What are you ladies doing that have 2 MOH for the signing?

Great that its resolved. My MOH is still missing in action lol and we did a group air and got 15 seats and I offered them to the first 15 people who would book and right away 15 people all but threw their credit cards at me. Price was $490 round trip. It's actually quite low- anyone who has gone to DR knows that- flights are $600 and higher unless you catch a sale but we are getting married 4th of July weekend so its considered a blackout date. Anyway she's on a cruise right now and was upset because she wanted in on the group air but couldn't communicate with me. I thought to pay her ticket- but we actually put down $1500 as a guarantee with the airlines and we dont get that money back until AFTER we fly. So I didn't really have the money to pay that AND her ticket. Then again...she hasn't even booked her room yet and all she had to pay was a $50 deposit- clearly money is not the issue since she's in the Bahamas as we speak lol...but thats why I named a Matron of honor- if my MOH drops for whatever reason, I am not alone on my big day!

I don't think it matters who signs. Why not have family members sign if you thinks its an issue of concern? We are legally getting married in NYC before we head to DR and both of our moms and supposedly our BM and MOh are coming to witness. But we are having our parents sign the marriage license. Is it because you plan on doing it at the altar?

Originally Posted by Kay6356 View Post

I am happy to  say that all is good.. I spoke with J and I now have 2 MOH's, no hard feelings or anything.  Nothing has been said about who is signing the marriage cert. - I don't think that is a very big deal!!! What are you ladies doing that have 2 MOH for the signing?

Great that its resolved. My MOH is still missing in action lol and we did a group air and got 15 seats and I offered them to the first 15 people who would book and right away 15 people all but threw their credit cards at me. Price was $490 round trip. It's actually quite low- anyone who has gone to DR knows that- flights are $600 and higher unless you catch a sale but we are getting married 4th of July weekend so its considered a blackout date. Anyway she's on a cruise right now and was upset because she wanted in on the group air but couldn't communicate with me. I thought to pay her ticket- but we actually put down $1500 as a guarantee with the airlines and we dont get that money back until AFTER we fly. So I didn't really have the money to pay that AND her ticket. Then again...she hasn't even booked her room yet and all she had to pay was a $50 deposit- clearly money is not the issue since she's in the Bahamas as we speak lol...but thats why I named a Matron of honor- if my MOH drops for whatever reason, I am not alone on my big day!

I don't think it matters who signs. Why not have family members sign if you thinks its an issue of concern? We are legally getting married in NYC before we head to DR and both of our moms and supposedly our BM and MOh are coming to witness. But we are having our parents sign the marriage license. Is it because you plan on doing it at the altar?

Originally Posted by Speckles121 View Post

My MOH is on the other side of the country and hasnt been able to help with most of the DIY tasks and she just had a baby 4 weeks ago. I've given her small tasks, little things that I would rather not deal with and researching things that she can do in her spare time. You originally asked her to be your MOH for a reason..like agm04 said, why not have two??

Agreed, two is totally normal and acceptable! My sister will be deployed for 6 months as we'll be in the middle of planning.  We have chosen not to have a wedding party so I have a friend that'll be sorta filling in if I need the help while my sister is out of the country.  You chose your MOH for a reason and even though times may have been tough for you two recently, don't feel funny about asking other people to help out in her place whether as a second MOH or just as a good friend.

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall View Post

Im sorry your MOH is giving you a hard time, I am so lucky that our wedding party has been nothing but supportive and no negativity.  You should not be paying for her flight, did she not know it was a destination wedding when she agreed to be MOH?  Yes we are having a civil ceremony, so the signing will be done at the alter.  I think I am over looking the situation too much, both MOH wont care who signs I'm sure.  We are getting married in Cuba and no family member can be the witness (aka the person that signs.) So our parents cannot.