Photo

Wal-Mart Flowers in PDC

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 LindsayR

LindsayR
  • 173 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

I saw some posts on here regarding flowers at Wal-Mart in Playa Del Carmen....has anyone actually seen/use their flowers before? I was thinking about them for my centerpieces?!

#2 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
    • 670 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

I need an answer too! All I want is some simple roses! Anyone been to PDc Walmart?!:D

#3 mandjphoto

mandjphoto
      • 89 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

We had a bride who got married at The Royal in Playa del Carmen. She ordered flowers from a local guy and they were beautiful. 

I think you could contact him with your budget and see what he can do. Just make sure you get the flowers so you can avoid the outside vendors fee. Always ask your resort about this.

Here is the bouquet that he made.

Good luck,

M&J

#4 Lyman

Lyman
        • 262 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

I just got back from the Walmart in Playa del Carmen, and they have a very small floral stand. Their flowers looked pretty good and you can't beat their prices.......a dozen roses for $85 pesos (under $7, USD) or 6 roses for $47 pesos......orchid stems for $110. pesos and asstd bouquets for $110. pesos......just thought I'd let you know - cheers :)

#5 gipsymoth

gipsymoth
          • Site Supporter
          • 79 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Thanks for the info Lyman!  I've been wondering about that.  The website for Walmart in Mexico is worthless when it comes to floral...  

M&JPhoto, I took your advice and looked into Maya Floral a little bit more. They have a bunch of reviews on BDW and some of the girls list their prices.  They actually look really reasonable.  

http://www.bestdesti...oral/reviews/  

#6 PamelaVan

PamelaVan
            • 34 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

Do NOT count on flowers from Wal-mart, in May they are so picked over that there were only plants in pots left, and we just got back last week, and in Jan, they still did not have very much. If your requirments are basic, there are some local florist shops just down the street from wal-mart and the Mega store where you can buy roses, lillies, and sunflowers, and few other for good prices. 

#7 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
              • 670 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Great Info Lyman and Pamela. Basically stop at Walmart, if their selection is cruddy I can scoot down to one of the local floral places.

#8 PamelaVan

PamelaVan
                • 34 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Yes..OR do as I did and find a florist wo will pre order your flowers by the stem. Then you get exactly what you want, and it is a FRACTION of the cost. This is what I did and I had TONS for flowers for really cheap. Cherry Blossom floral will do this for you, and they are located in playa. You can either pcik them up or have them delievered. This in my opinion is your best bet. No matter how much planning you do, your wedding is also a vacation and you dont want to be hunting around looking for flowers if you don't have to. Let me know if you want any pricing or thier information.

#9 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
                  • 670 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

Yes, I would love their info! The only reason I think I would prefer to pick up rather than have them delivered is to avoid my resorts outside vendor fee.

#10 cherany

cherany
                    • 234 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by PamelaVan 

Yes..OR do as I did and find a florist wo will pre order your flowers by the stem. Then you get exactly what you want, and it is a FRACTION of the cost. This is what I did and I had TONS for flowers for really cheap. Cherry Blossom floral will do this for you, and they are located in playa. You can either pcik them up or have them delievered. This in my opinion is your best bet. No matter how much planning you do, your wedding is also a vacation and you dont want to be hunting around looking for flowers if you don't have to. Let me know if you want any pricing or thier information.

I would love this info! We really do not have the budget for a florist to arrange and deliver our bouquets, but we want fresh flowers. Ordering by the stem and arranging myself seems like the best solution. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users