• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,328 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:12 AM

Hey everyone- I've been lurking for a while but this is my first post... :)

My fiance and I are getting married at the RIU Palace, July 11, but we're trying to figure out if we'd rather just get married in NJ and have a symbolic ceremony in Mexico.

He would prefer not to, but my major hang up is the fact that we may not get the wedding certificate for 6 months! Without the certificate, are we legally recognized as married? Can I change my name?

I'd love to hear any info/advice!

Thanks
    Katrina

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:23 AM

Hi Katrina and welcome. I had a legal wedding in Mexico and I got all the legal paperwork back and apostiled 3 days after our wedding. However because the documents were done in Spanish I had to get it translated my a offical company in the states in order for me to change everything over. You may want to check into that...

#3 bre

bre
      • 205 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:43 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by TammyB
        Hi Katrina and welcome. I had a legal wedding in Mexico and I got all the legal paperwork back and apostiled 3 days after our wedding. However because the documents were done in Spanish I had to get it translated my a offical company in the states in order for me to change everything over. You may want to check into that...
        Tammy-- What company did you use to translate the marriage certificate? How did you find them?

Thanks!!
        Bre & Pete
        January 19, 2008
        El Dorado Royale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users