Photo

Photo sharing website

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 brigopens

brigopens
  • 247 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:13 AM

I'm leaning towards Digital Photography-Upload, Print, Share, and Organize Your Digital Photos with dotPhoto.com Seems to allow most everything that people are looking for here.

Easy to organize and upload. no software to install, unless you want the bulk uploader.

Files as large as 1024X768 (high res enough) and unlimited storage even in their free accounts!
    Our Bridal Party in Mexico

#42 jayreilly

jayreilly
    • Banned
    • 57 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:25 PM

www.shuterfly.com
      Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing
      both i think are good.

#43 Jenn

Jenn
      • 1,557 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 02:31 AM

Thought this was helpful...

How the Big Photo-Sharing Sites Stack Up | The Mossberg Solution | Katherine Boehret | AllThingsD

Also, photobucket.com pro ($25/yr) and Kodak Premier ($25/yr) will let you download high resolution images. I'm considering making a pro account on one of these and using it for our wedding pics. Has anyone done the photobucket one? I like photobucket, but I'm not sure how their print service is. Anyone have experience? Kodak also has a $50/yr service that gives you a print discount - 10 cents each. I thought guests might like that...

#44 Alipires1

Alipires1
        • 298 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 02:37 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lizzy
          I know I am really going to sound like I'm cheap, but I cannot see having to pay for copies of my own, or my friend's photos. Isn't there a place where you can store, share, edit and download w/o cost of prints? Do some of the wedding pages offer free sharing and storage?
          I know snapfishwill let you share and store and if you right click you can download the pictures to your own computer.

#45 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 07:35 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Alipires1
            I know snapfishwill let you share and store and if you right click you can download the pictures to your own computer.
            On snapfish & shutterfly you can right click to save, but they aren't high enough resolution to print large. I think I'm going to use snapfish. I've already prepaid 100 prints ($20). If it's a picture I want to own in high resolution, I'll pay the 5 cents to download it.

#46 flygirl

flygirl
            • 263 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:50 PM

Anyone ever used smugmug.com? It seems like it has everything everyone wants (besides not being free - I think it's about $30ish/year). From what I've read, you can create an account and give out your login and password so that others can upload to your gallery. You also get your own URL, so you can e-mail your link. You have the option of making your galleries password protected, invitation only, or public. You can order prints directly from the site or you can download the original high resolution photos from your photo gallery. And you get to customize your gallery with cute backgrounds.
              They let you have a free 14 day trial if anyone is interested.

#47 teresavigil

teresavigil
              • 20 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:05 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jayreilly
                I def second Flikr-
                ---------------------------------------------------
                VENDOR - Tempting Weddings Photography
                - Our Website
                - Our Blog Updated weekly!

#48 Teeps

Teeps
                • 12 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:59 AM

Thank you so much for all of the posts, we decided to go with Kodak and so far it has seemed very easy to use.  The wedding is in just over a week, so I will post again after people have tried to use it.  Thanks again!!!

#49 AishaB

AishaB
                  • 2,350 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:37 AM

Thanks for the info Julie G. Really appreciated.

Originally Posted by JulieG 

I did a google search and thought I would post this, just in case you are like me and trying to decide which site to use:

"In this review of five online printing services, the editors test and rate "everything from image-editing features to delivery options to print sizes." Kodak EasyShare Gallery is the top choice because of its good print quality. Snapfish is the second choice. Editors liked its "good prints and reasonable prices." Shutterfly has good prints but higher prices. Yahoo!'s printing is inconsistent but the service has numerous editing features. Wal-Mart Photo Center is the last choice due to its "dismal print quality."

Here is the whole article.

PC World - Online Photo Services Shootout

BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#50 AishaB

AishaB
                    • 2,350 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:38 AM

There is also flickr, which allows you to put passwords and the like onto the account but I think you have to pay something. I am using google. It was easy and free.

BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users