Photo

Resort Site Inspection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BridetobeABCD

BridetobeABCD
  • 221 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

Have any Brides done a site inspection on their resort of choice before the wedding? I am going to Mexico this winter for a vacation and thought about doing a site inspection on some of the resorts I have chosen as my wedding venue.

Do you know of any deals that my FI and I could get for spending a week at a resort this winter when we plan on getting married at that same resort next winter?

Let me know any suggestions or advise!!!

Thank you so much xoxox

#2 LCB803

LCB803
    • 89 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by BridetobeABCD 

Have any Brides done a site inspection on their resort of choice before the wedding? I am going to Mexico this winter for a vacation and thought about doing a site inspection on some of the resorts I have chosen as my wedding venue.

Do you know of any deals that my FI and I could get for spending a week at a resort this winter when we plan on getting married at that same resort next winter?

Let me know any suggestions or advise!!!

Thank you so much xoxox

Hi there!

We just came back from 4 nights at Hacienda Tres Rios, our accommodation venue of choice for our our Nov 2013 wedding. I would DEFINITELY recommend a site visit, and why spend more than you need to?? We did ours using a Groupon deal (actually, Living Social, but you get the idea) that I found-- 2 adults and 2 kids (my FI has two) for 5 days/4 nights, all-inclusive, with upgraded room and late check-out for about $999.

So, checkout Groupon/Living Social/Bloomspot-type websites for the best deals, but I know places like CheapCarribean.com, Travelzoo.com, and my favorite search engine, Kayak.com can also offer good deals. If you already have a WC and/or TA that you plan to use, ask him/her-- who knows, maybe they can negotiate a deal with the resort. (I know Hacienda Tres Rios offered a special rate for site visits, but I didn't find out about that till after I booked the Living Social deal-- oh well!). 

Good luck! A site visit will do you a world of good, plus it's not hard to enjoy Mexico in the middle of winter :)

#3 kdfitzs

kdfitzs
      • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

What did you think about Haciend Tres Rios.  I am about 90% sure I am going to have my wedding there, but it is so hard to tell without actually seeing it for myself.....

Thanks!  kari

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users