alternative bachlorette party ideas?

I have not read what everyone else did yet, but mine is next weekend and this is the plan.

My sister is having it at her house. First off its a pyjama party and a sleepover, so everyone wears their pj's.

She hired 2 people to come to her house to give us all manicures and pedicures (you pay for what you want done).

Then, when that is done we have 2 instructors bringing poles and teaching us all how to pole dance. We all have to put on a dance at the end, each of us, its going to be sooo funny. We will of course be tipsy at least.

Then, we are all hanging out for the night and having a slumber party. My sister has games and things planned and we are all bringing our favorite drink so we can share with everyone. And I was asked what all my favorite foods are so that we can have them all there.

I am so excited, the shower, not so much, this, I can't wait.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post
Jill that sounds like the best party ever!!! I don't drink, I don't smoke, and I don't like strippers... so a slumber party with all my girlfriends and then a private exotic dance lesson where we could all have fun would be SO awesome. I so wish this idea would magically pop into my sister's head!
Trisha, when I find the company's name, I'll post the website and you can always drop an email hint like, "Doesn't this sound like fun?!" HINT HINT!

To be different, you could have your bachelorette party in Jamaica and find a place that has cooking lessons (if you are in to that of course). That way you and your friends could learn some Jamaican dishes and when you make the meals back home, it will remind you of your wedding. I did a quick search for Ocho Rios and the first two places I found that offer classes are:

The Blue House bed and breakfast inn - Ocho Rios,

Royal Plantation - Caribbean's most exclusive boutique resort

Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesr View Post
I have not read what everyone else did yet, but mine is next weekend and this is the plan.

My sister is having it at her house. First off its a pyjama party and a sleepover, so everyone wears their pj's.

She hired 2 people to come to her house to give us all manicures and pedicures (you pay for what you want done).

Then, when that is done we have 2 instructors bringing poles and teaching us all how to pole dance. We all have to put on a dance at the end, each of us, its going to be sooo funny. We will of course be tipsy at least.

Then, we are all hanging out for the night and having a slumber party. My sister has games and things planned and we are all bringing our favorite drink so we can share with everyone. And I was asked what all my favorite foods are so that we can have them all there.

I am so excited, the shower, not so much, this, I can't wait.
That sounds like so much fun!!! Have a great time, Julie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post
I don't know, I feel weird about it. Like, I don't really deserve one because I'm getting married away. And honestly, I'm PERFECTLY happy with not doing anything until we get to Mexico and then just going to the spa with the girls. But, it'd still be sweet if she did plan one.
I felt the same exact way, like I shouldn't have a bridal shower or bachelorette party because I'm getting married away. When I said that, my BMs said I was crazy and they were doing it regardless. I think you should just sorta mention something to your sister and see what she says.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyandMatt08 View Post
I'm actually looking into going to the Hershey Spa for a night with my girls. We'll see how economincally feasible that is. Since you are in PA, that might be an option.
Kelly - I have been wanting to go here!!! Let me know what you find out - pricing and all that!!

I threw one where we played board games & drank cocktails. It was a lot of fun & inexpensive. I bought some snacks & alcohol & all the other bridesmaids brought over some stuff too. I took a cheap plastic tablecloth & covered it with pictures of hot men cut out from magazines. We called it the Table of hunks. At the time I was substitute teaching junior high between college semesters. I cut out the pictures while the kids did their work. I bet they thought I was crazy. Or maybe they thought I was normal, because it's such a junior high girl thing to do.

I definitly have more fun hanging out at home playing games. But, I also love dancing, I just don't like clubs so I rarely dance anymore. So I think we are going to go dancing for my party. But no tiaras, veils, or penis anything!!!

• 5 months later...